Bully gets pwned

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
Quite a bit of foul language, you've been forewarned.

[youtube]jAX0kX7zA1c[/youtube]

Apparently the bully was some Karate phenom and the kid who hands him his ass was a 9th grader on the freshman wrestling team.

Shows the efficacy of even the most rudimentary ground game when paired against refined stand-up!

:clap2:

"Dirt McGirt in high school"

:D
:razz:

Some karate phenom. Exactly why I agree that wrestling is the best base for someone in martial arts or self defense. I don't care how many black belts you have, getting hammerfisted in a crucifix = ass kick.

Quite a bit of foul language, you've been forewarned.

[youtube]jAX0kX7zA1c[/youtube]

Apparently the bully was some Karate phenom and the kid who hands him his ass was a 9th grader on the freshman wrestling team.

Shows the efficacy of even the most rudimentary ground game when paired against refined stand-up!

:clap2:

wow...yup, he asked for it.

Karate boy is damned lucky the grappler didn't accidently crush his windpipe or snap his neck in the fracas.

The adrenaline is up, you're apt to hurt somebody worse than you'd planned.

Karate boy lost it the moment his head slammed on the concrete, methinks.

Anyone here ever train for Olympic stryle (Greco-Roman) wrestling?

It's freaking brutal.

Many of the forbidden choke holds and body slamming techniques in Collegete wrestling are jake in Greco-Roman.

I studied it briefly with a guy name Doug Blubaugh in about 64.

He took gold in the 1960 Olympics. Pinned 10 out of 11 matches with three wins by knockout, or so the story went.

Blind as a bat, when he took off his glasses, but lordie-lou could than man grapple.

Pops started me in Greco and freestyle when I was a little kid. Switched to collegiate in 9th grade but still did freestyle in the offseason. Got burnt out and didn't wrestle in college - switched to BJJ which I just do for fun now.

"I don't fight nobody. I like to be friends with everybody."

Kid had a great attitude. I'll bet that by 12th grade he was a beast on the mat!

Some karate phenom. Exactly why I agree that wrestling is the best base for someone in martial arts or self defense. I don't care how many black belts you have, getting hammerfisted in a crucifix = ass kick.

Wrestled varsity all through high school. Seriously tough training. Over 30 years later I cannot watch freestyle wrestling without physically twitching to defend my self from a take down.Hammerfisted in a crucifix = ow brought back some great memories.

IMO, groundfighting is a crucial skill a lot of martial artists like to gloss over as fast as they can. I think no one marrtial art is "the best base." Wrestling's obvious flaw is it only works in one-on-one encounters unless you're beating on a couple of complete losers.

That black belt holds my gi closed. Every martial art has something to offer. The trick is to find the right balance of arts that compliment one another and cover each other's weaknesses.

Prefer a 9 mm automatic. If you are not close I will use an M1 Carbine or Garand, depending on range. Carbine has 30 rounds, good for those larger fights.

The art of putting one foot after the other in a very rapid fashion is an overlooked martial art, in my almost never humble opinion.

Not being much of a runner, myslef, I was left working with those inferior martial arts which often prove to be less healthy in the long run than avoiding conflict

And I have the x-rays and the debilitating chronic paid to prove it, too.

Last edited:
"Wrestling is ballet with violence."

-Jesse Ventura

nice.. my favorite Ventura quotes come strait from the movie Predator

predator_ventura.jpg

Blain: Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.

Poncho: You're bleeding, man.
Blain: I ain't got time to bleed.

Forum List

Back