Breaking: Al Gore's Home Energy Use Surges Up To 34 Times the National Average

If there was an award for the World's biggest hypocrite, Algore would win it almost every year.

In powering his home, Al Gore still greatly outpaces most Americans in energy consumption. The findings were shocking:

• The past year, Gore's home energy use averaged 19,241 kilowatt hours (kWh) every month, compared to the U.S. household average of 901 kWh per month.

• Gore guzzles more electricity in one year than the average American family uses in 21 years.

• In September of 2016, Gore's home consumed 30,993 kWh in just one month – as much energy as a typical American family burns in 34 months.

• During the last 12 months, Gore devoured 66,159 kWh of electricity just heating his pool. That is enough energy to power six average U.S. households for a year.

• From August 2016 through July 2017, Gore spent almost $22,000 on electricity bills

• Gore paid an estimated $60,000 to install 33 solar panels. Those solar panels produce an average of 1,092 kWh per month, only 5.7% of Gore's typical monthly energy consumption.

No matter how the numbers are viewed, Al Gore uses vastly more electricity at his home than the average American – a particularly inconvenient truth given his hypocritical calls for all Americans to reduce their home energy use.

The Data

All information included in this report was acquired through open records requests and phone calls to NES, the public electric utility for the Gore property and much of the Nashville area.

The records supplied by NES provide thorough information about Gore's home energy consumption – including kWh consumed, the amount of energy produced by solar panels on the property, money donated to the Green Power Switch program and the billing charges associated with the property's electricity usage.
No one besides conservatives care about this.

Which is the problem isn't it? The man preaches and doesn't live it and yet you don't give a crap
I just don't give a shit about Al Gore. No one should. It sure as hell says nothing about the SCIENTIFIC narrative about climate change.

I just don't give a shit about Al Gore. No one should. It sure as hell says nothing about the SCIENTIFIC narrative about climate change.
It says everything about how you left-wingers think, though. Do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do.

Disgusting. Not a one of you can walk your own talk.

If there was an award for the World's biggest hypocrite, Algore would win it almost every year.

In powering his home, Al Gore still greatly outpaces most Americans in energy consumption. The findings were shocking:

• The past year, Gore's home energy use averaged 19,241 kilowatt hours (kWh) every month, compared to the U.S. household average of 901 kWh per month.

• Gore guzzles more electricity in one year than the average American family uses in 21 years.

• In September of 2016, Gore's home consumed 30,993 kWh in just one month – as much energy as a typical American family burns in 34 months.

• During the last 12 months, Gore devoured 66,159 kWh of electricity just heating his pool. That is enough energy to power six average U.S. households for a year.

• From August 2016 through July 2017, Gore spent almost $22,000 on electricity bills

• Gore paid an estimated $60,000 to install 33 solar panels. Those solar panels produce an average of 1,092 kWh per month, only 5.7% of Gore's typical monthly energy consumption.

No matter how the numbers are viewed, Al Gore uses vastly more electricity at his home than the average American – a particularly inconvenient truth given his hypocritical calls for all Americans to reduce their home energy use.

The Data

All information included in this report was acquired through open records requests and phone calls to NES, the public electric utility for the Gore property and much of the Nashville area.

The records supplied by NES provide thorough information about Gore's home energy consumption – including kWh consumed, the amount of energy produced by solar panels on the property, money donated to the Green Power Switch program and the billing charges associated with the property's electricity usage.

Which is the problem isn't it? The man preaches and doesn't live it and yet you don't give a crap

It says the biggest salesman doesn't believe what he is selling

Even if true - so what? The man is trying to save the planet. Would you rather he installed a coal furnace?

These same lies have been spread for 2 decades..Not surprised the creator of this thread , joins in with the liars.
Now the truth:
Al Gore's home is certified by the US Green Building Council as a Gold LEED certified home for retrofitted homes. As part of the LEED certification process, they upgraded their windows, lighting, appliances and insulation, among other items in and around the home […] The residence is powered with a geothermal system as well as 33-solar panels. He also participates in the "Green PowerSwitch" program offered by their utility [company].

Al Gore's Mansion - FactCheck.org
you are citing 2007 links to refute his breaking news for the decade AFTER that? no idea what the truth is but hes citing news,just breaking n you are refuting it w 2007 fact check.

kinda odd.

The Data

I don't care. It means nothing. I never liked Gore to begin with.

The Data

He's one of the few public people talking about the dangers of climate change while Trump abdicates his responsibility on the issue.

The Data

Of course you didn't. He was a good honest best politician and you couldn't relate.

I considered creating a thread about the same thing earlier, but I wouldn't have started the thread title with "breaking". It isn't exactly a terrorist attack or a school shooting. :lol:

I have a nice split level home around DC and his consumption in one day exceeds my entire month
He's a real planet saving champion alright

Of course you didn't. He was a good honest best politician and you couldn't relate.
lol what? Come on. Why does me not like Gore bother you? Who cares?

If you were somewhat concerned you would be angrily protesting his flying around the planet spewing hundreds of thousands of pounds of hydrocarbons....but you're not.
Yes in your demented mind Al should use a rowboat to go overseas.
Your bullshit lines have been used thousands of times the past two decades..
I cleared up these lies. Believe what you want..
According to Algore's environmental religion he shouldn't be going overseas. He should stay home and attend remotely by Skype. Furthermore, he should buy a much smaller house and sell his business jet.
First of all the way you write Al Gore's name proves you're a child and idiot.
2nd what gives you the right to tell anyone how to live their life.
Meanwhile Trump is costing taxpayers more than any prez in history but you say don't say shit..

He isn't telling anyone how to live their life. He is calling out the hypocrite who is
Yet I just proved he's not a hypocrite. I know it's tough for you to find out truth when you've believed lies all your life.
Disconcerting isn't it..

You proved that you're also a hypocrite.

First of all the way you write Al Gore's name proves you're a child and idiot.
2nd what gives you the right to tell anyone how to live their life.
Meanwhile Trump is costing taxpayers more than any prez in history but you say don't say shit..

How is Trump costing us ANYTHING? Another lie from the turdpile shitpumps.
Really. You just didn't ask that. Who do you think pays for the secret service for Melania and son in Trump tower Jan - June. Who do you think pays for the SS following Beavis and Butthead all around the globe?
Don't you ever read a newspaper or a legit news site?
You would be paying their salaries regardless of who was President.

The Data

he is a leftist

the leftards will not have any issue with that what so ever

--LOL

Even if true - so what? The man is trying to save the planet. Would you rather he installed a coal furnace?
If he did install a coal furnace, you would still defend him. Gore is lining his pockets. He doesn't give a damn about the planet. If he actually cared, he'd be living in a one room shack instead of a 10,000 sq ft mansion. Nothing says "I care about the planet" like consuming 21 times the energy that the average American consumes, and that doesn't even include his travel by business jet.

Forum List

Back