GOP: You Have an Immigrant Problem

All immigrants aren't illegal yet the GOP pretends they are.

Fuck you, lying partisan shill.

One very effective (and dishonest) tactic the Left has used in this debate is to drop the word "illegal" from the term "illegal immigration". I've seen it a hundred times, and the person from the the other side lets them get away with it.

As with virtually every other problem we face, both sides have reasonable ideas, we could create a workable system based on those ideas, but both sides are too busy playing games. Par for the course.

One very effective (and dishonest) tactic the Left has used in this debate is to drop the word "illegal" from the term "illegal immigration". I've seen it a hundred times, and the person from the the other side lets them get away with it.

As with virtually every other problem we face, both sides have reasonable ideas, we could create a workable system based on those ideas, but both sides are too busy playing games. Par for the course.

Which is why the "cons" on this thread keep bringing up illegal in a discussion about immigrants. You all just can't help yourselves.

Which is why the "cons" on this thread keep bringing up illegal in a discussion about immigrants. You all just can't help yourselves.

So you're saying conservatives don't like legal immigration?

Link?

As an immigrant, I have been made to feel nothing but welcome by all Americans, Democrats and Republicans alike. And when I've told Americans about the arcane and Byzantine immigration process to become a legal resident, no one thinks it's a good system. So I agree with the sentiment, if not the tone.

However, the numbers don't lie. The harsh tone on immigration from the Republicans are turning minorities off. I agree with the article that Latinos and Asians aren't natural Democrats. Republicans are going to have to come across as less hostile towards immigrants to up their vote totals amongst those blocks.

what part of what she said is a lie? perhaps you might want to respond like a human being instead of a hack... given that your posts don't indicate that you're one of the board racist loons.

By being insensitive, particularly to people who were brought here as children and have lived their lives as americans, the GOP has signaled its intolerance for immigrants... at least when they don't have white skin like our canadian friend above. Those young people have lived here, been educated here, given service to their country. They deserve a path to citizenship. No one is saying that someone who comes here and commits illegal acts shouldn't have their butt deported. I'd be the first one to say get them back to whereever they came from. No one is saying don't secure the borders. However, until the rhetoric gets out of silly season with stupidity like "self-deportation", the GOP is going to have a problem... listen to your people like Rubio... he wants to win elections, not get trounced.

what part of what she said is a lie? perhaps you might want to respond like a human being instead of a hack... given that your posts don't indicate that you're one of the board racist loons.

By being insensitive, particularly to people who were brought here as children and have lived their lives as americans, the GOP has signaled its intolerance for immigrants... at least when they don't have white skin like our canadian friend above. Those young people have lived here, been educated here, given service to their country. They deserve a path to citizenship. No one is saying that someone who comes here and commits illegal acts shouldn't have their butt deported. I'd be the first one to say get them back to whereever they came from. No one is saying don't secure the borders. However, until the rhetoric gets out of silly season with stupidity like "self-deportation", the GOP is going to have a problem... listen to your people like Rubio... he wants to win elections, not get trounced.

Priceless considering the source. :clap2::badgrin:

And you don't think you're a 'hack'? Keep shilling the race card, that's what the little lemmings have been sent out to do and it's been successful for them. They've learned that all they have to do it lie over and over and over again in the media and it sinks in. Republicans are racist, republican hate poor people, republicans hate old people, republicans hate sick people, and on and on and on it goes... Sorry, Jilly, but if you buy into that and keep shilling it over and over, that makes you a 'hack'.

And you don't think you're a 'hack'? Keep shilling the race card, that's what the little lemmings have been sent out to do and it's been successful for them. They've learned that all they have to do it lie over and over and over again in the media and it sinks in. Republicans are racist, republican hate poor people, republicans hate old people, republicans hate sick people, and on and on and on it goes... Sorry, Jilly, but if you buy into that and keep shilling it over and over, that makes you a 'hack'.

man, you're dumb as toast.

I admire Peggy Noonan's writing as a rational conservative voice, but as the list of GOP whiners and deniers keeps growing, it was sad to read her Nov. 10 Declarations column "'People Are Afraid of Change.'" The electorate was not, as Ms. Noonan suggests, "afraid of change." Rather, it rejected what is, at heart, an intolerant and mean-spirited set of principles. In 2008, I was a 62-year old moderate Republican woman. I voted for Barack Obama. Last week, I again voted for President Obama, not because I was mesmerized, but because of the GOP's activist social bigotry.

Ms. Noonan says, GOP "principles are right and have long endured because they are right." Really? The GOP's in-your-face "self-deport," screw-your-American-born-children attitude toward the growing Latino electorate is shameful. My mother, Palmeira Catherine Hernandez, a fourth-generation U.S. citizen, was a proud Latina American. That GOP leaders, after demeaning the Dream Act and refusing to discuss immigration reform, awakened Wednesday morning wanting to talk reform is delusional at best. As a favor, I won't even start on the GOP problem with women's and gay rights issues.

The GOP platform that guides its high and mighty principles is a treatise of intolerance toward minorities and women. Ms. Noonan suggests that conservatism needs to see "what is real." What is real is that conservatism, the philosophy of less government and less government intrusion, has no business playing with social issues.

The GOP was doomed with its sea of white faces in the crowd scans of its convention versus the rainbow of faces two weeks later at the Democratic convention. I'm not afraid of change. Is the GOP?

Patricia Cooper-Smith

Carson City, Nev.

The GOP's High and Mighty Principles Were Rejected - WSJ.com

man, you're dumb as toast.

:lol: Yeah... okay..

I agree with the article that Latinos and Asians aren't natural Democrats.

I don't think 'they' are "natural" democrats or Republicans. I think it is a lot more complicated than that. But the GOP does need to emphasize the big tent again, without pandering or pretending that becoming 'democrat-light' will be a winning approach.

By being insensitive, particularly to people who were brought here as children and have lived their lives as americans, the GOP has signaled its intolerance for immigrants... at least when they don't have white skin like our canadian friend above. .

That is a false premise and an unsubstantiated accusation.

Forum List

Back