GOP sympathy for victims, Dems call for gun control

GOP sympathy for victims, Dems call for gun control

Republicans expressed sympathy for the victims, while Democrats immediately began calling for more gun control in a state that already has some of the nation’s strictest restrictions on Second Amendment rights, with President Obama leading the charge.

Read more at GOP sympathy for victims, Dems call for gun control

why more laws the ones you have now ain't worth a shit when it comes to terrorists, they doNOT walk into a gun shop and buy a full auto AK-47, they are supplied with one after they cross the border, you doom-O-rats and liberfools', presidunce has pulled our B.P. away from certain areas/sectors from Texas to Baja. name or make a law that will be so fearsome it will stop a terrorist dead in his/her tracks.., i have one, a bullet(s) thru their head!! :up:
Prayers aren't helping.

Here is a map of the mass shootings

GOP sympathy for victims, Dems call for gun control | Page 4 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

There have been incidents that meet the ShootingTracker standard in 46 states and in D.C. Florida, Illinois and California have had the most incidents.

imrs.php

Should we look at gun violence statistics for France? Is that what you're suggesting?

Our gun violence increase compared to Europe can mostly be seen in our increased suicide rate from firearms, and our inner city violence. When it comes to big old spectacular terrorist incidents, they are still ahead of us, between the Paris attacks and Charlie Hedbo attacks.

Shall we look at gun violence stats between France and the United states with suicides removed from the equation? Is that where you'd like to go with this?

Shall we look at gun violence stats specific to large scale terrorist attacks between the US and France for this year? The numbers are pretty close probably.

LOL, is that the best you've got? So you've reduced your argument to "large scale terror attacks" between France and the U.S. for this single year. Do I have that right?

Talk about mailing it in. Face it Marty, you're a selfish asshole who can't even engage in reasonable debate.

But sure, fuck it...let's look at mass shootings between the two countries for this past year only. You good with that?

We are discussing a mass shooting, and you want to bring in stuff other than mass shootings. And you wonder why gun rights people don't trust gun grabbers. Its because you look for any fucking reason to reduce our rights using methods that do nothing to prevent anything, and only cause grief to law abiding gun owners.

And don't count a mass shooting as 'anything more than 1", that's another trick you assholes use.

France has uber strict gun control, and it didn't prevent two large scale attacks. Why should I give up a right for something that won't work?

Keep moving those goal posts. The issue has always been gun violence. These mass shootings just bring the issue to the forefront for a day or two but the issue is gun violence. I can see that you're waving the white flag yet again despite my repeated attempts to look at the facts with you. Why is that Marty?

Don't answer, we both know the answer. You're wrong and an asshole. Be proud.

Our gun violence increase compared to Europe can mostly be seen in our increased suicide rate from firearms, and our inner city violence. When it comes to big old spectacular terrorist incidents, they are still ahead of us, between the Paris attacks and Charlie Hedbo attacks.

Shall we look at gun violence stats between France and the United states with suicides removed from the equation? Is that where you'd like to go with this?

Shall we look at gun violence stats specific to large scale terrorist attacks between the US and France for this year? The numbers are pretty close probably.

LOL, is that the best you've got? So you've reduced your argument to "large scale terror attacks" between France and the U.S. for this single year. Do I have that right?

Talk about mailing it in. Face it Marty, you're a selfish asshole who can't even engage in reasonable debate.

But sure, fuck it...let's look at mass shootings between the two countries for this past year only. You good with that?

We are discussing a mass shooting, and you want to bring in stuff other than mass shootings. And you wonder why gun rights people don't trust gun grabbers. Its because you look for any fucking reason to reduce our rights using methods that do nothing to prevent anything, and only cause grief to law abiding gun owners.

And don't count a mass shooting as 'anything more than 1", that's another trick you assholes use.

France has uber strict gun control, and it didn't prevent two large scale attacks. Why should I give up a right for something that won't work?

Keep moving those goal posts. The issue has always been gun violence. These mass shootings just bring the issue to the forefront for a day or two but the issue is gun violence. I can see that you're waving the white flag yet again despite my repeated attempts to look at the facts with you. Why is that Marty?

Don't answer, we both know the answer. You're wrong and an asshole. Be proud.

So basically a rehash of the standard progressive mantra of "never let a tragedy go to waste".

The only goal post moving is being done by you. I tried to define the conversation to relate to what actually happened, and since the data doesn't fit your narrative, you threw a hissy fit, and are about to stomp off and pretend that you won something in this conversation.

GOP sympathy for victims, Dems call for gun control | Page 4 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

There have been incidents that meet the ShootingTracker standard in 46 states and in D.C. Florida, Illinois and California have had the most incidents.

imrs.php

That's a lot of mass shootings. Why would that happen in the country with the most guns? I thought more guns meant more safety? Thanks for posting this!

While you ignore the fact that the most are committed in the Sates that have the strictest gun control laws.

imrs.php

That's a lot of mass shootings. Why would that happen in the country with the most guns? I thought more guns meant more safety? Thanks for posting this!

While you ignore the fact that the most are committed in the Sates that have the strictest gun control laws.
While someone else ignores the fact that the dots follow the population....not the gun control laws.

The demorats need an issue like gun grabbing to run on to take the focus off their main candidate - a boring, scandal ridden, lying p.o.s. clinton. The democrat's issues - Guns, global warming, BLM, confederate flags, on and on. No wonder sanders is so popular. Unfortunately, he has no chance and no guts, and will try and deliver his supporters to clinton after the primaries.

The Daily News is one of the worst gun grabbing proponents out there. Fuck them.
K. Go pray the problem away. :cuckoo:

Lapsed Catholic at best. But yours and their solution of making it hard for ME to get a gun doesn't solve it either.
Would it be hard for you to pass a psych test? Yeah, I see your point. It probably would be.

I'd pass with flying colors, dipshit.

imrs.php

While someone else ignores the fact that the dots follow the population....not the gun control laws.

So what is your solution?
More gun control laws or more conceal carry?

The Daily News is one of the worst gun grabbing proponents out there. Fuck them.

Lapsed Catholic at best. But yours and their solution of making it hard for ME to get a gun doesn't solve it either.
Would it be hard for you to pass a psych test? Yeah, I see your point. It probably would be.

Then what part of gun control would be hard?

I have to wait 3-6 months in NYC just to get a pistol permit for my own house. THAT is what you want for the rest of the country, and if that is the case, go fuck yourself.

I have to wait 3-6 months in NYC just to get a pistol permit for my own house. THAT is what you want for the rest of the country, and if that is the case, go fuck yourself.
Well you better get on it. I'm sure you're not the type to have a gun without the permit.

Well you better get on it. I'm sure you're not the type to have a gun without the permit.

And THAT is the crux of the problem. I am law abiding, and would follow the law. Meanwhile any criminal idiot can have a gun in about 4-6 hours if he really wanted one.

How does making me take 3-6 months stop crime?

And THAT is the crux of the problem. I am law abiding, and would follow the law. Meanwhile any criminal idiot can have a gun in about 4-6 hours if he really wanted one.

It might provide a cooling off period if you were buying a gun to settle a vendetta or something. The problem is that there's no consistency in gun laws across the country so if you were of a mind to do it, you could go to another state and buy one.

It might provide a cooling off period if you were buying a gun to settle a vendetta or something. The problem is that there's no consistency in gun laws across the country so if you were of a mind to do it, you could go to another state and buy one.

3-6 months isn't a "cooling off period". It's infringement meant to make the process as difficult as possible so as few people as possible try to apply.

And what if I needed a gun for protection? Will the NYPD give me 24/7 security while they wait for my application to be processed?

And that is ALSO THE CRUX OF THE ISSUE. If I really really wanted a gun, I could get it, even if you made the laws the same across all the states. all NYC's law does is make my life difficult for no reason other than "we don't want you to have a gun"

But notice the NYPD can off duty carry, and retired PO's get a CCW permit almost automatically,.

Why do they get rights I don't. They should be forced to place their guns in an armory after a shift, and fend like the rest of us.

3-6 months isn't a "cooling off period". It's infringement meant to make the process as difficult as possible so as few people as possible try to apply.

And what if I needed a gun for protection? Will the NYPD give me 24/7 security while they wait for my application to be processed?

And that is ALSO THE CRUX OF THE ISSUE. If I really really wanted a gun, I could get it, even if you made the laws the same across all the states. all NYC's law does is make my life difficult for no reason other than "we don't want you to have a gun"

But notice the NYPD can off duty carry, and retired PO's get a CCW permit almost automatically,.

Why do they get rights I don't. They should be forced to place their guns in an armory after a shift, and fend like the rest of us.
NYPD officers are under a lot of scrutiny for a long period of time. They've been vetted. Ordinary citizens haven't.

I can remember a time when New York was a crime infested cesspool where few decent people would want to live. However, crime rates have been going down for a good long time now. I think they must be doing SOMETHING right.

How many lives does sympathy save? Not that the Republicans are doing it for anything more than covering their asses for political reasons.

You have your way in France, how did the Paris massacre happen? How many times do you have to be a retard for everyone else to stop listening to you? At some point, people have to recognize why the village idiot is called the village idiot

Forum List

Back