GOP State Senator ‘embarrassed’ by GOP voter suppression: won’t ‘defend them anymore’

I guess rdean doesn't believe JakeStarkey is a Republican.

But it doesn't really matter what rdean believes, liberal Republicans do exist. This thread is about one.

Geez, the Country is falling apart with domestic policy in a shambles and foreign policy a freaking joke but the radical left finds a single republican state senator in the whole United States who criticizes the GOP's approach to voting. Whoo-ah lefties, go for it.

It needs to be explained to you? For the same reason I skip commericials on TV. It's just better that way.

How did you come up with that? Republicans range from liberal to very conservative. How big a gap do you need? Democrats these days are liberal to uber liberal, I haven't heard of a conservative one in a while, at least in high office.

No they don't. And you know they don't.

Yes, they do.

There are no liberals in the Republican Party. You can't name any.

I guess rdean doesn't believe JakeStarkey is a Republican.

But it doesn't really matter what rdean believes, liberal Republicans do exist. This thread is about one.

They don't exist.

GOP ideology is simply too extreme. The GOP can barely tolerate blacks. They hate gays and atheists and Muslims. They don't like scientists.

A few people secretly belonging to the party isn't really membership and they certainly are "part of".

Atheist Republicans: Supporting a Party That Hates Them

The national GOP Platform states:
We support a human life amendment to the Constitution, and we endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment’s protections apply to unborn children.
We affirm every citizen’s right to apply religious values to public policy and the right of faith-based organizations to participate fully in public programs without renouncing their beliefs, removing religious objects or symbols, or becoming subject to government-imposed hiring practices.
To protect our servicemen and women and ensure that America’s Armed Forces remain the best in the world, we affirm the timelessness of those values, the benefits of traditional military culture, and the incompatibility of homosexuality with military service.

Last edited:
no voter suppression. Contrary to your opinion, the dead dont have the right to vote.

Odd that until the ACA, the GOP expressed little or no concern about people losing their health insurance...which they did in droves.

Repeal isn't an idea. They have nothing to "replace" it with (probably since the whole damn thing was their idea in the first place)

you are as dumb as a bag of hammers. People were not losing insurance "in droves" before ACA. Thats just a left wing lie.

Total repeal will probably not happen, although it should. What should happen is to remove the crap from the law and limit it to the few good things that are in it: no rejection for pre-existing conditions, no lifetime maximums.

Tort reform should be added. interstate commerce of insurance should be added. and yes, some caps on medical charges and drug prices should be added.

What the dems passed and obozo signed is a terrible law, passed in the most corrupt way, and illegally changed over 30 times by the worst president in history.

Only 17 percent of individual market subscribers purchased the same plan for two straight years or longer.

Patterns Of Individual Health Insurance Coverage, 1996–2000

Remember health insurance before the Affordable Care Act?

Very few individual car buyers bought the same car that they drove last year. Does that mean that the government should take over the auto industry? Or, does it mean that nonsense is nonsense, regardless of how many times it is repeated.

I can remember health care before Medicare and Medicaid screwed it up. The good ole days, when doctors and hospitals charged reasonable prices, and charity cases were called charity cases. Perhaps you can explain how the federal government has improved that system?

I can remember public schools before the federal government got involved. The good ole days when high school graduates could read, write, and compute math. Perhaps you can explain how the federal government has improved that system?

This Wisconsin Republican is 'embarrassed' by his party and won't 'defend them anymore'

Last week, Schultz argued that there were no legitimate justifications for some of the election reforms pushed by Republicans.

“It’s all predicated on some belief there is a massive fraud or irregularities, something my colleagues have been hot on the trail for three years and have failed miserably at demonstrating,” he said.

Dale Schultz: 'I am not willing to defend them anymore'

Later, Schultz attacked a bill aimed at helping companies escape asbestos litigation that has been criticized by groups representing veterans, who account for a disproportionate number of those suffering from mesothelioma, a cancer linked to asbestos exposure.

“This bill is certainly a slap in the face at the very least to some of the people who gave some of the most vital years of their life in the service of their country,” he said.

------------------------------------------------------------

Defending democracy AND veterans???? Doesn't sound very Republican. I suspect he's already being "shunned".

He let slip what the voting suppression really is

Last edited by a moderator:
You can defend it to an honest person, never to a dishonest person.

They cant defend it to any person

That's nothing but useless platitudes with nothing but false rhetoric to back it up.

You're not being honest by any stretch.

Sure and in 4 pages no specifics have been given. We believe you.

Not one person has been able to get specific, maybe you all have a hive mind and act the same way OR no one has an answer and are deflecting with generalities

This Wisconsin Republican is 'embarrassed' by his party and won't 'defend them anymore'

Last week, Schultz argued that there were no legitimate justifications for some of the election reforms pushed by Republicans.

“It’s all predicated on some belief there is a massive fraud or irregularities, something my colleagues have been hot on the trail for three years and have failed miserably at demonstrating,” he said.

Later, Schultz attacked a bill aimed at helping companies escape asbestos litigation that has been criticized by groups representing veterans, who account for a disproportionate number of those suffering from mesothelioma, a cancer linked to asbestos exposure.

“This bill is certainly a slap in the face at the very least to some of the people who gave some of the most vital years of their life in the service of their country,” he said.

Defending democracy AND veterans???? Doesn't sound very Republican. I suspect he's already being "shunned".

we are going through the same crap here in NC with the teahadists in charge
<ore dimwits get in trouble for election fraud then repubs. If it wasn't for election fraud obamaturd would not be potus.

wow, that Rachel Maddcow sure does the heavy political lifting for us eh? Don Yelton, FORMER precinct chairman....yawn

gawd scraping the bottom of the barrel.......... she's like a gutter rat...I don't how someone that goes so low keeps their job

Last edited:

Lois Lerner is about to make a decision on whether she wants to defend her Party and their use of the IRS to suppress voters

wow, that Rachel Maddcow sure does the heavy political lifting for us eh? Don Yelton, FORMER precinct chairman....yawn

gawd scraping the bottom of the barrel.......... she's like a gutter rat...I don't how someone that goes so low keeps their job

Way to address the issue. Good job

you are as dumb as a bag of hammers. People were not losing insurance "in droves" before ACA. Thats just a left wing lie.

Total repeal will probably not happen, although it should. What should happen is to remove the crap from the law and limit it to the few good things that are in it: no rejection for pre-existing conditions, no lifetime maximums.

Tort reform should be added. interstate commerce of insurance should be added. and yes, some caps on medical charges and drug prices should be added.

What the dems passed and obozo signed is a terrible law, passed in the most corrupt way, and illegally changed over 30 times by the worst president in history.

Only 17 percent of individual market subscribers purchased the same plan for two straight years or longer.

Patterns Of Individual Health Insurance Coverage, 1996–2000

Remember health insurance before the Affordable Care Act?

Very few individual car buyers bought the same car that they drove last year. Does that mean that the government should take over the auto industry? Or, does it mean that nonsense is nonsense, regardless of how many times it is repeated.

I can remember health care before Medicare and Medicaid screwed it up. The good ole days, when doctors and hospitals charged reasonable prices, and charity cases were called charity cases. Perhaps you can explain how the federal government has improved that system?

I can remember public schools before the federal government got involved. The good ole days when high school graduates could read, write, and compute math. Perhaps you can explain how the federal government has improved that system?

The good old days when old people made the news when it was discovered they were so poor, they were eating cat food. Yea, I remember those days.

If democrats were getting votes from the dead, you can guarantee so would the republicans. The republicans are worried they can't win with just the angry white vote anymore so now rather than have popular policies, they look to suppress voting. Not a very good long term plan...

Forum List

Back