GOP Running Away From Health Care Completely!

Well here is the GOP bill to replace the current law. http://gopleader.gov/UploadedFiles/...rnative_Health_Care_plan_Updated_11-04-09.pdf

It promises lower healthcare cost but only offers only tort reform and purchase across state lines as a way of reducing cost. This won't even come close to lowering premiums.

Wrong both will help lower costs significantly.

Do you honestly think opening up competition where there has been NONE will not lower premiums?

Please it is economics 101

Do you honestly think opening up competition where there has been NONE will not lower premiums?

Nope. I don't think It will do a damn thing to lower premiums becase the insurance industry is PURE EVIL and they are in collusion. The only thing that will truly lower premiums is a not-for-profit public option. We all want it, and we WILL get it eventually. I do not want to have to waste one more dollar on a despicable insurance company premium.

Nope. I don't think It will do a damn thing to lower premiums becase the insurance industry is PURE EVIL and they are in collusion. The only thing that will truly lower premiums is a not-for-profit public option. We all want it, and we WILL get it eventually. I do not want to have to waste one more dollar on a despicable insurance company premium.

The government is going to offer health insurance that will be cheaper than private industry? This is because we know government works more efficiently, right?:cuckoo::cuckoo:

The government is going to offer health insurance that will be cheaper than private industry? This is because we know government works more efficiently, right?:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Because it won't be a profit based entity.

:ike in many state insurance regulations, the insurance company will actually be kept to a payout level. Rates come down if the insurance company is not paying out enough.

On the one hand, then doctors and hospitals would tend to profiteer. On the other hand, then pricey new technology can be covered.

Anyone guesses that no fewer than 10 kazillion public interest lobbiy groups will arise, to monitor the heatlh plans.

Now that: Is Clearly going to Cost! You know how public interest lobbies love to beneift at the expense of children's food on the tables.

But government will not be involved! The Lamborghinis, however, will be put on hold--for some.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Many squaws come to lands of many nations. Sqauws in skimpy clothing now go to cabanas: Hoping Her Majesty's royal lads will all notice--or various oil sheiks, financiers, or television. . . .personalities!)

But wasting trillions of taxpayer dollars on useless bureaucrats and making people's medical decisions a political football is the essence of goodness and light. :rolleyes:

Because it won't be a profit based entity.

Profit is about 2-3% of revenue. If you want to believe that gov't inefficiency is not going to eat up that profit then go right ahead. But you're still talking about 2-3% at most.

Now that there is ObamaCare, say the GOP, then first job one is Repeal! Then nothing is supposed to happen after that!

GOP divided on how to replace health overhaul law - Time Warner - Finance

Anyone notices that "No!" is still not a form of exercise. Doing nothing at all is also not a form of exercise. Offering nothing is not even an agenda.

"Don't Know" is also not a form of exercise. Their Senate Candidate in Delaware at least managed to call them, "lazy."

(White Eyes Old Squaws Put Shiny Trinkets in Machines. Hope For Rewards: Hmmm: Even Standing Up!)

The only ones running away from Obamacare are the democrats that voted for it--or haven't you noticed?--:cuckoo: None that are running for re-election this year are bragging about their vote for Obamacare.

Heck--my rates on my private medical insurance has already jumped UP because supposedly I am pre-paying for someone elses colonoscopy 5 years from now.

There has got to be a better solution than this to medical insurance rates.

Now that there is ObamaCare, say the GOP, then first job one is Repeal! Then nothing is supposed to happen after that!

Anyone notices that "No!" is still not a form of exercise. Doing nothing at all is also not a form of exercise. Offering nothing is not even an agenda.

"Don't Know" is also not a form of exercise. Their Senate Candidate in Delaware at least managed to call them, "lazy."

(White Eyes Old Squaws Put Shiny Trinkets in Machines. Hope For Rewards: Hmmm: Even Standing Up!)

The only ones running away from Obamacare are the democrats that voted for it--or haven't you noticed?--:cuckoo: None that are running for re-election this year are bragging about their vote for Obamacare.

Heck--my rates on my private medical insurance has already jumped UP because supposedly I am pre-paying for someone elses colonoscopy 5 years from now.

There is, but republicans said no to that.

Actually Democrats said no to it.
Republicans had no power to say no to anything the Dems passed.

Still waiting to hear how government is going to reduce rates by eliminating the massive 2% profit the insurers earn.

The Democrats are apparently planning to push for Health Care when it starts to kick in on Thursday.

Democrats look to strike back with health care campaigns touting new law

There have already been the usual Sunday Morning, Intellectual Ghetto ads, for health care reform, starting in Los Angeles, just last weekend.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!
(Many squaws come to lands of many nations. Many come in scanty clothes. Many settle for dotors, instead of royal families, who have more money(?)!)

Actually Democrats said no to it.
Republicans had no power to say no to anything the Dems passed.

Still waiting to hear how government is going to reduce rates by eliminating the massive 2% profit the insurers earn.

As always as my premium with Anthem/Blue Cross keep rising I call in to their office to complain.

I got a 10 minute recorded apology from them--with them stating that the reason medical insurance has gone up is because of the pharmacutical industry. And if you look at all the new pills they're constantly pushing on us it's not to hard to imagine.

Erectile dysfunction pills--restless leg syndrome pills--on and on it goes. Somewhere there should be a line drawn on which of these drugs should be paid out of pocket--versus stuck in all of our medical insurance rates.

There is no "GOP bill to replace the current law" because the GOP has no power in Congress.

Yeah, the right has not done anything in two years. That is over a billion in wasted tax dollars. Help Dems cut costs, elect Democrats to replace dead meat rightys.
Actually they did help pass a lot of the new laws, which is why Dems aren't the only ones concerned about the tea parties.

Obamacare's "savings" are a joke. The cost is estimated at over $1T and will obviously go up. It will not reduce the deficit, it will increase it.

Well I couldn't agree more. Welfare Republicans thought they should get free Health Care from cradle to grave. Face it, fixing people costs more money every year. Just look how the VA medical care has increased for the last 8 years. Tsk!

Screw Republican leaders, I know of no one outside of teens and twentysomethings that thought there would be 'free' health care.
And every day some new aspect of this monstrosity comes up, whether its college's unable to offer insurance to students or companies having to submit 1099s for purchases.

Do you think SS was perfect when it started? Problem with Reublicans is they have never done anything, so they have all these mythical perfection ideas that wouldn't work even if Dems let them get close to the work.
Do you think SSI is ok today?
No wonder the Dums have passed the most unpopular, hated, piece of legislation probably in history. But this is what happens when you circumvent normal legislative process, as the Dums did to get this crap through.

Unpopular? Millions love it. The millions that don't believe in Death Panels & Palin as the next president.:lol:

So why the problem with approvals and fear of November? They should be sailing through shutting down the opposition.

The reporting requirement of $600.00 purchases to IRS already exists for services.

Show me where that exists in the current tax code. I've never had to send 1099s to:

Utilities
Plumbers
Electrical Contractors
Attorneys
Banks
Web hosting firms
Marketing firms

I've only had to 1099:

Temporary individual contractors
Commissioned sales affiliates
Unincorporated service providers.

The extension of an existing revenue provision in the law helps with deficit reduction, and is contained in the deficit-reducing, health care legislation.

Where is that money coming from, and how does it make Healthcare Reform a deficit reduction plan? Sounds to me like it's a tax increase unrelated to healthcare which then just masks the true cost of this reform.

Just coincidentally, on a national level.. . .1099's have been sent to the janitorial service where I am employed, which is a corporation, for years. Possibly, in the special situation of asterism, that's probably why it is now required(?)!

There are actually written rules. The link is about the most common form.

Instructions forForm 1099-MISC (2010)

The $2.0 bil. estimate is of uncollected revenue, maybe upwards of 2 million subsidized health plans, for upwards of 5 mil. people just from that.

There is other revenue projected.

(Squaws come to lands of many nations: In skimpy clothes. Equal Topless rights protesters go to California, Venice Beach!.

Just coincidentally, on a national level.. . .1099's have been sent to the janitorial service where I am employed, which is a corporation, for years. Possibly, in the special situation of asterism, that's probably why it is now required(?)!

There are actually written rules. The link is about the most common form.

Instructions forForm 1099-MISC (2010)

Ok. So you see according to your own link:

Exceptions. Some payments are not required to be reported on Form 1099-MISC, although they may be taxable to the recipient. Payments for which a Form 1099-MISC is not required include:
Generally, payments to a corporation
; but see Reportable payments to corporations on page 2;

Reportable payments to corporations. The following payments made to corporations generally must be reported on Form 1099-MISC.
Medical and health care payments reported in box 6.

Fish purchases for cash reported in box 7.

Attorneys' fees reported in box 7.

Gross proceeds paid to an attorney reported in box 14.

Substitute payments in lieu of dividends or tax-exempt interest reported in box 8.

Payments by a federal executive agency for services (vendors) reported in box 7.

So yes, there are special situations where payments to corporations are reportable, but that is the exception, not the rule as you incorrectly claimed.

Although you did correct me, attorney fees are required to be reported.

The $2.0 bil. estimate is of uncollected revenue, maybe upwards of 2 million subsidized health plans, for upwards of 5 mil. people just from that.

There is other revenue projected.

So it's not healthcare reform that's projected to reduce the deficit, it's the increased enforcement and reporting of expenses (i.e. more audits) that's expected to reduce the deficit.

So really we don't know if healthcare reform is going to do anything to help or not, since the cost savings are being at least partially projected on non-healthcare related activity. Ok, I can get behind increased enforcement of existing tax rules. But why use that as a ruse?

And how is the 1099 reporting going to actually help this enforcement?

Last edited:
Update from my attorney - he files the required 1099 on behalf of all clients who use his services. Looking back at the contract, he covered that. Good to know.

The reporting requirement of $600.00 purchases to IRS already exists for services. In the Health Care legislation. it extends that to goods.

Republicans generally tend to be fiscally irresponsible. Examples are Ronald Reagan's first-ever $1.0 tril. federal deficits, and George Bush II's $1.0 tril. un-funded basis-free slaughter of U. S. troops in the field in Iraq, and the $0.75. tril. bail-out for the billionaire banker bonuses to encourage less new credit for small business owners.

Anyone notices that Republicans are clearly in opposition to pay-as-you go in government operations.

Anyone notices that Republicans spent all those months opposing any lending to any small business owners anywhere in America!

The extension of an existing revenue provision in the law helps with deficit reduction, and is contained in the deficit-reducing, health care legislation.

(Republicans understand Deficit Reduction to be like sending in Long Knives, Led By Yellow-Hair, into Little Big Horn to be slaughtered, just like basis-free invasion and occupation of Iraq! They all die, and get pay and provisions no more! That is what America means to Tea Party, GOP!)
It's about shoving a leash up the ass of small business so far they are doomed to fail, wasting too much time playing patty cake with the IRS man than doing their business.

Power. It's all about government power over every aspect of your life. (of course, they exempt themselves.)

The reporting requirement of $600.00 purchases to IRS already exists for services. In the Health Care legislation. it extends that to goods.

Republicans generally tend to be fiscally irresponsible. Examples are Ronald Reagan's first-ever $1.0 tril. federal deficits, and George Bush II's $1.0 tril. un-funded basis-free slaughter of U. S. troops in the field in Iraq, and the $0.75. tril. bail-out for the billionaire banker bonuses to encourage less new credit for small business owners.

Anyone notices that Republicans are clearly in opposition to pay-as-you go in government operations.

Anyone notices that Republicans spent all those months opposing any lending to any small business owners anywhere in America!

(Republicans understand Deficit Reduction to be like sending in Long Knives, Led By Yellow-Hair, into Little Big Horn to be slaughtered, just like basis-free invasion and occupation of Iraq! They all die, and get pay and provisions no more! That is what America means to Tea Party, GOP!)
It's about shoving a leash up the ass of small business so far they are doomed to fail, wasting too much time playing patty cake with the IRS man than doing their business.

Power. It's all about government power over every aspect of your life. (of course, they exempt themselves.)

I'm still trying to figure out how millions more 1099 forms are going to raise more money, and how does this make healthcare reform reduce the deficit?

Most likely, accountants will not be paying the $2.0 bil., but will be making the entries that generate the forms. The reporting then gets matched with the various reporting of the affected organizations. Forms get filled out, sometimes probably notices get sent. Checking accounts and credit sources then provide the money.

It has worked that way for centuries, even in advanced civilizations!

Besides just the one increase of revenue, certain decreases in expenditures are included. Mostly, Republicans contend that spending reductions are desirable. Actually, they universally said, "No!" Federal Government spending reductions, in the National Health Care plan, are completely unacceptable.

Tax Hikes are completely unacceptable.

Witchcraft, however, seems to make sense(?)! At one time, people actually had the same opinion of Abraham Lincoln, who's god was "War!" It took three or more, apparently theological break-throughs to explain what he seems to have thought he was doing.

Republicans, contending for fiscal responsibility, apparently have far more conversions than just three.

(Republicans seem to know that Osama bin laden was in Pakistan. Therefore, troops were sent into Afghanistan and Iraq Furthermore, the troops sent in were not even provided with basic, survival-level, equipment taken with them. The General in Charge was famously named, "Betrayus!" Republicans have that version of "Deficit Reduction" on their record! The dead soldier, even in Afghanistan, and just today. (nine of them): Is no longer a continuing , subsidized drain on the the federal budget! Ask Millions and Kabillions! "Kablooey," Is how it is done!)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back