Why not look at the issues? Christine O'Donnell and Chris Coons

haileydavey

Rookie
Jul 20, 2010
I figured with all the talk about how crazy O'Donnell was that she had to have a wacky site. I was surprised to find out she is not promoting crazy as some would like you to believe.

I then thought well that must mean that Coons has to be a straight shooter and have everything laid out. When I went to his site it was very vague and had a lot of political talk with no real solution.

I liked Coons education policy much better than O'Donnell. Quit frankly quality private education is not is not affordable by most. I think our public education system is much better than any other country. No other country allows everyone an education to the 12th grade at no cost.

At the same time Coons job creation policy is ludicrous. Extending unemployment and training people to do non existing jobs is not going to help much. I agree we need to find a way to keep jobs here in the United States but I do not want to pay $400 later for something that I can currently get for $100 to do so.

If you look at both candidates' website you will find that they are both very vague in the policies and neither are offering any real solution. You will also find that neither are crazy or out to impose their values on America.

Coons is a very proud self avowed Marxist. What else do you need to know about him?

Coons is a moderate to centrist Democrat. Delaware is a center/left state. If rationality and logic prevail, and voters in DE vote on the issues,

Coons will win easily.

I figured with all the talk about how crazy O'Donnell was that she had to have a wacky site. I was surprised to find out she is not promoting crazy as some would like you to believe.

I then thought well that must mean that Coons has to be a straight shooter and have everything laid out. When I went to his site it was very vague and had a lot of political talk with no real solution.

I liked Coons education policy much better than O'Donnell. Quit frankly quality private education is not is not affordable by most. I think our public education system is much better than any other country. No other country allows everyone an education to the 12th grade at no cost.

At the same time Coons job creation policy is ludicrous. Extending unemployment and training people to do non existing jobs is not going to help much. I agree we need to find a way to keep jobs here in the United States but I do not want to pay $400 later for something that I can currently get for $100 to do so.

If you look at both candidates' website you will find that they are both very vague in the policies and neither are offering any real solution. You will also find that neither are crazy or out to impose their values on America.

Good post, though I do not agree about the school system. First off Vouchers could help people afford private schools. Second I take issue with you saying we have the best school system in the world based on the fact that you can go to Grade 12 for free.

look at the test results. Or kids are not competing with other countries. What good is free education to everyone till age 12 if it is not a quality one?

The reason people would prefer if they could to send their kids to a private school. Is because private schools are usually Profit Driven, and there for want to provide the best product to compete and gain students. Government schools lack the same motivation to be the best.

No way our current system is the best in the world. Not even close.

The truth is Democrats are dead set against Vouchers for Private school. Because they have less control over what is taught in them. They do not like the idea of not being able to make sure only their version of History is taught in our schools. So the can continue to use their Alliance with the Teachers unions and Text book standards to indoctrinate kids into the Democrat Party.

:eek:

• Banned

Good post, though I do not agree about the school system. First off Vouchers could help people afford private schools. Second I take issue with you saying we have the best school system in the world based on the fact that you can go to Grade 12 for free.

look at the test results. Or kids are not competing with other countries. What good is free education to everyone till age 12 if it is not a quality one?

The reason people would prefer if they could to send their kids to a private school. Is because private schools are usually Profit Driven, and there for want to provide the best product to compete and gain students. Government schools lack the same motivation to be the best.

The truth is Democrats are dead set against Vouchers for Private school. Because they have less control over what is taught in them. They do not like the idea of not being able to make sure only their version of History is taught in our schools. So the can continue to use their Alliance with the Teachers unions and Text book standards to indoctrinate kids into the Democrat Party.

Test results are a common misconception. If you look at the test results you would see that we are right in line with all other countries until about the 8th grade. That is when most of your higher achieving countries cut off lower achieving students. They are given a test in the 8th grade then they are given a test if they pass it they continue in the regular education system we know but it they fail they are sent to a trade school where they are taught a skill they feel they will be able to use to contribute to society. With the lower achieving students now out of the system there scores are screwed where we include all our scores.

The next thing people will argue is that private schools produce better results. That is true but those who can afford private school usually have supportive parents and are from a gene pool with more intelligent parents. Private schools are also not required by law to test students to meet the same criteria. They are also not required by law to accept all students including those with handicaps. Private schools are also allowed to implement their own discipline procedures without fear of lawsuits.

The problem with public school is it is treated as a right and not a privileged. When private schools have to play by public rules (meaning they can not refuse children) you will see a huge difference in private school success.

Test results are a common misconception. If you look at the test results you would see that we are right in line with all other countries until about the 8th grade. That is when most of your higher achieving countries cut off lower achieving students. They are given a test in the 8th grade then they are given a test if they pass it they continue in the regular education system we know but it they fail they are sent to a trade school where they are taught a skill they feel they will be able to use to contribute to society. With the lower achieving students now out of the system there scores are screwed where we include all our scores.

The next thing people will argue is that private schools produce better results. That is true but those who can afford private school usually have supportive parents and are from a gene pool with more intelligent parents. Private schools are also not required by law to test students to meet the same criteria. They are also not required by law to accept all students including those with handicaps. Private schools are also allowed to implement their own discipline procedures without fear of lawsuits.

The problem with public school is it is treated as a right and not a privileged. When private schools have to play by public rules (meaning they can not refuse children) you will see a huge difference in private school success.

Parents could afford private schools if the teachers unions did not have a lock on all things education and allow voucher programs. They have continued to block those programs as it would prove that competition works and would force a better quality teacher in the public system in order to compete with the private schools.

Parents could afford private schools if the teachers unions did not have a lock on all things education and allow voucher programs. They have continued to block those programs as it would prove that competition works and would force a better quality teacher in the public system in order to compete with the private schools.

Really?? Did you know that one of the biggest public education systems is non union? Texas teachers do not have a union. I know in our area the Private schools are routinely out preformed by public schools. Did you also know that these countries that supposedly out preform us are all public education systems ran by the government?

Everyone seems to look in the wrong area. It is the discipline in the school system that cause education problems. Treating school like you have a right to be there and your kid can act any way they see fit is the problem. You go to a school in a high performing country I bet you will not find the discipline problems you have in our schools. Of course that is all the fault of teachers, their unions and the government. Ya RIGHT!!

If you notice all of the attacks against O'Donnell are gear towards her life and more personal aspects. They don't want to run on the issues because they will lose if they do that. Coons is an Obama rubber-stamp and that doesn't fly...so everyone is going after his competition on silly bullshit.

Coons is a moderate to centrist Democrat.

That's a complete load of horse shit. He is nothing close to center.

Notice how Democrats drift right when they need to get reelected.

But when a Republican needs to get elected they usually do it by expressing conservative values. Right now the waters are too cloudy for any of that to get through. They'll talk about masturbation and if the Repug has any dark history they'll illuminate it even though their candidate has similar histories or even worse.

If you notice all of the attacks against O'Donnell are gear towards her life and more personal aspects. They don't want to run on the issues because they will lose if they do that. Coons is an Obama rubber-stamp and that doesn't fly...so everyone is going after his competition on silly bullshit.

That is what I have been trying to point out. Instead of running on policy they are running on reputation. Now I read both websites and neither are offering any answers just a bunch of empty political speak with no explanation on how their plans will work.

Coons is a moderate to centrist Democrat. Delaware is a center/left state. If rationality and logic prevail, and voters in DE vote on the issues,

Coons will win easily.

NYfartspurveyor,

Didja just beam down from La La Land ?

Who the fuck is going to buy your OBVIOUS SHIT ????

Here's the bottom line: O'Donnel is Anti-Obamarrhoidal. Coons is an avowed Marxist.

End of story.

WOW

What a choice in DE.

You get an Anti-Obame, ex Wiccan or a self avowed Marxist.

Lord save us. What a choice. LOL

“My friends now joke that something about Kenya, maybe the strange diet, or the tropical sun, changed my personality; Africa to them seems a catalytic converter that takes in clean-shaven, clear-thinking Americans and sends back bearded Marxists..." Chris "Reid's Pet" Coons

A course on cultural anthropology, noted Coons, had “undermined the accepted value of progress and the cultural superiority of the West,” while a class on the Vietnam War led him to “suspect…that the ideal of America as a ‘beacon of freedom and justice, providing hope for the world’ was not exactly based in reality.” -- Chris "Reid's Pet" Coons

Blue Hen Conservative: Who is Chris Coons? - Marxism

Hmmm, who else is from Kenya?

Coons is a moderate to centrist Democrat.

That's a complete load of horse shit. He is nothing close to center.

Notice how Democrats drift right when they need to get reelected.

But when a Republican needs to get elected they usually do it by expressing conservative values. Right now the waters are too cloudy for any of that to get through. They'll talk about masturbation and if the Repug has any dark history they'll illuminate it even though their candidate has similar histories or even worse.

"The common wisdom holds that 'both parties' have to appeal to the extremes during the primary and then move to the center for the general election. To the contrary, both parties run for office as conservatives. Once they have fooled the voters and are safely in office, Republicans sometimes double-cross the voters. Democrats always do."
Coulter, 11-27-03

Forum List

Back