GOP Quickly Becoming A Fractured Party. I LOVE IT!!!

Of course "some" people "got their wealth from less-than-wholesome means". Unfortunately, that's the "way of the world". Harry Reid, when elected to public office, had a net worth of $87,000. Today, his net worth is approaching 35 million dollars. Now, unless times have changed, adding his yearly salary together with his menial investment incomes, he is unable to account for nearly 25 million dollars. And, that could be nearly ANY career politician today.

Very true... but I hate most politicians, so this in a way doesn't surprise me.

The point here is that to lump everyone into the "robber baron" status because they have worked and toiled to achieve success is ridiculous. I became quite close, over the years, with a man named Harlan Sanders, Colonel Sanders, to the great unwashed. He was a member of my Church and one of the nicest men I have ever met. period.

When this gentleman got his start, he and hs Wife Claudia worked 100-110 hours a week, developing a product, marketing their product at any roadside restaurant that would give the the time of day and HE, not a Wall Street banker, built KFC into a national brand.

I didn't mean to sound like I was looping them all together. I know there are good people out there, past and present, that are rich and deservedly so... it's just that there are also ones who aren't deserved of that wealth.

Along comes another "rich guy" by the name of John Y Brown who eventually bought the brand (for far less than he should have - but a huge profit for Sanders' nonetheless) and turned it into a multi-national concern.

Now, should Harlan Sanders had to have given his profits to ME, because after all, I ate his chicken on occasion and by doing so, helped him to create a successful enterprise? Or because I drove down a public roadway to get to his "finger-licking good restaurant?"

Should Bill Gates be forced to give YOU a computer for free, because, after all, you have helped him along by purchasing a Microsoft product at one time or another? Should Gates be required to pay more than anyone else in taxes, because, after all, he drove on a public highway to get to work?

I see what you're saying, and you'll get no argument from me there. By default, rich people make more, so logically, they pay more on taxes, as well. But for many of these rich people, 40% of zero is still zero.

This is the warped logic that the left his throwing out today. Gates pays an ENORMOUS amount of taxes as it is, does he not? As does any other company that prospers in this country. How much is enough? Or, as many are suggesting today, should we just "confiscate" in the name of "social justice" ( code for grabbing by the "Central Government")

Bill Gate has done many great things with his profits and I congratulate him for that. Harlan Sanders, on more than one occasion, kept several Churches in our area from folding by his generous contributions. I wonder how long both these men would continue to help, if they were continually painted as "evil, rich men" who only want to "take", rather than "give back"?

I think it'll take more people like them to convince the world that rich people aren't evil... well, not all of them. I'd say that it's proportional in wealthy society as it is in middle class or poor society... it's just that the ones who are corrupt stand out more because there's fewer wealthy people.

We don't need to punish success by taxing more; the ones who are evading paying taxes will continue to do so. We need to punish not paying taxes, period. If you and I pay taxes, then so should the ones who try to weasel their way out of it. Colonel Sanders paid his dues, Bill Gates pays his dues... but the CEO of Enron did not, and I don't think either Mittens or Harry Reid pays taxes... or at least, not the amount (pre-hike) that they were supposed to.

Republican Party seems as divided, angry as ever - Yahoo! News

Enraged tea party leaders are threatening to knock off dozens of Republicans who supported a measure that raised taxes on the nation's highest earners.

Good idea!! Kock them off in the primaries!!

What's largely causing the dissension? A lack of a clear GOP leader with a single vision for the party.

Really? They just figured that out?

At least they finally admit Bush was their "standard bearer"....:eusa_clap:

With Boehner unable to control his fractured caucus, the White House is left wondering how to deal with the House on any divisive issue.

Why deal with them. Just let them self implode.

Once a strong voice in the party, moderate Republicans across the Northeast are nearly extinct.

And they wonder why Romney got his ass handed to him. The Neo-Cons are so out of touch with what REAL Americans want.

Dude Romney didn't get his ass handed to him
Hell you do realize obama got less votes this time than he did in 2008?
There will also be less people at the inauguration

A Million Fewer People Expected to Attend Obama’s 2nd Inauguration « CBS DC

Very true... but I hate most politicians, so this in a way doesn't surprise me.

I personally hold no "hate" for politicians, necessarily. I USED to believe that most politicians got into it to help the country. I now know that most get into it as a means to an end. You remember the song - "Money for nothing". Well, unfortunately, thats the way I look at it these days. Politics were NEVER meant to be this way by our founders. Shameful.

I didn't mean to sound like I was looping them all together. I know there are good people out there, past and present, that are rich and deservedly so... it's just that there are also ones who aren't deserved of that wealth.

That's OK, I know how you feel. Just my opinion, but any person, who gets rich, that doesn't "produce" a product or service of some sort, is immediately suspect. However, the mantra today, pushed by our schools and our politicians (at least on the left) is that ALL the rich neither deserve what they get, or never pay their "fair" share. Funny, another acquaintance of mine used to own a small trucking company. By most definitions he would qualify as "rich". He started out with his own truck, bought more and more, ran more routes, took on more and more jobs, hired more and more drivers, dispatchers, office personnel, opened new terminals, bought new, modern equipment, and the entire time, his taxes went up, year after year. Taxes for road use (that's right - Trucking companies pay nearly TRIPLE the road tax that cars do - and they should!) but, I guess the way the left views it, he STOLE his profits from unsuspecting employees? I think not. Nor do I think that this man owes me one cent.

I see what you're saying, and you'll get no argument from me there. By default, rich people make more, so logically, they pay more on taxes, as well. But for many of these rich people, 40% of zero is still zero.

Agreed. Take Barry Obama and his buddy Jeffery Immelt over at GE. in 2011, GE made record profits and guess what? Paid NO federal income taxes. Not me saying this, this is public record. It would seem that Barry should have "re-thought" naming Immelt to his "Jobs council", wouldn't it? See, this thing about "Evil Corporations" is always a two-way street. If politicians (Barry Obama, for example) don't require their "buddies" to "Pay their fair share" the way he is always preaching at every other rich man in America, then how can they expect this liar's words to have any meaning?

I think it'll take more people like them to convince the world that rich people aren't evil... well, not all of them. I'd say that it's proportional in wealthy society as it is in middle class or poor society... it's just that the ones who are corrupt stand out more because there's fewer wealthy people.

We don't need to punish success by taxing more; the ones who are evading paying taxes will continue to do so. We need to punish not paying taxes, period. If you and I pay taxes, then so should the ones who try to weasel their way out of it. Colonel Sanders paid his dues, Bill Gates pays his dues... but the CEO of Enron did not, and I don't think either Mittens or Harry Reid pays taxes... or at least, not the amount (pre-hike) that they were supposed to.

I couldn't agree more. When ALL concerns are required to pay an equitable share of the burden, then there won't be a great deal to complain about. You can point to Enron. I can point to GE. What is one thing that all these corporations have in common? They are ALL supported, on the left and the right, by politicians that go to Washington DC as ordinary citizens and eventually leave as multi-millionaires. THAT - is the common denominator.

The Libertarian ideology which encompasses most of true Conservatism, is quickly becoming more powerful. You liberals better hope the two don't meet up or you'll never win another election. :) Don't dance just yet.

I would think that true Libertarians would not be in favor of "big gubmint" imposing laws that interfere with individual liberties such as abortion, gay marriage and euthanasia.

As far as individual liberties are concerned they are more in line with Democrats who want to keep government out of the private lives and decisions of people.

Precisely.

It’s the totalitarian extremism of the right that poses the greatest threat to our civil liberties, where conservatives for the most part are hostile to privacy rights, equal protection rights, and due process rights.

The unfortunate thing about us today is that we, as a nation, are as gullible now, as we were during the "atomic bomb" scares of the 60s. We HAVE to have a boogey man to lash out at - whether it be Russians behind every bush, or political parties to fight against.

Our politicians constantly give us new "boogey men" to keep us separated and fighting over.

Rod Serling recognized this in the 60s. Take a couple of minutes and read his short story - "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street". Then - open your eyes.

Maple Street is full of playing children and adults talking, when a shadow passes overhead and a loud roar is heard, accompanied by a flash of light. The residents soon discover that their power has been cut off. They gather together in the street to discuss the matter. Pete Van Horn volunteers to walk out of the neighborhood to discover the extent of the problem and he goes to check the station. His neighbor Steve Brand wants to go into town but Tommy, a boy from the neighborhood, tells him not to leave the street. Tommy has read a story of an alien invasion causing similar phenomena, and he predicts Steve will probably not be allowed to leave. Furthermore, in the story, the aliens are living as a family that appears human. The power outage is meant to isolate and contain the neighborhood.

Meanwhile, another resident, Les Goodman, tries unsuccessfully to start his car. He gets out and begins to walk back towards the other residents when the car starts all by itself. The bizarre behavior of his car makes Les the object of immediate suspicion. One woman begins to discuss his late nights spent standing in the garden looking up at the sky. Les claims to be only an insomniac. Later that night, Steve tries to defuse the situation and prevent it from becoming a witch-hunt. Charlie, one of the loudest and most aggressive residents, pressures Steve about his hobby building a radio no one has ever seen. Suspicion falls on Steve as he sarcastically remarks that he talks to monsters from outer space on his radio. Steve and the other neighbors continue to argue.

Panic builds when a shadowy figure is seen walking towards them. Charlie, now hostile, grabs a shotgun and immediately shoots the shadow, thinking it to be the alleged "monster." When the crowd reaches the fallen figure, they realize it is Pete Van Horn, returning from his scouting mission. The shot had hit him in the chest, killing him instantly.

Suddenly the lights in Charlie's house come on and he panics as the crowd begins accusing him of being both a murderer and the monster responsible for the power being out. He makes a run for his house while the other residents chase him, throwing stones. Terrified, Charlie attempts to deflect suspicion onto Tommy, the boy who had originally suggested alien infiltration. Lights begin flashing on and off in houses throughout the neighborhood; lawn mowers and cars start up and go off for no apparent reason. The mob becomes hysterical, with terrified residents smashing windows, and taking up weapons, devolving into an all-out riot. Some of the residents take up fire-arms and shoot anyone they can.

The scene cuts to a nearby hilltop, where it is revealed the mysterious meteor that had flown overhead is indeed an alien spaceship. Its inhabitants, two alien observers, are watching the riot on Maple Street while using a device to manipulate the neighborhood's power. They comment on how easy it was to create paranoia and panic, and conclude that the easiest way to conquer Earth is to let the people of Earth destroy themselves.

Wake up America. Our Politicians are doing THIS to us.....

Enraged tea party leaders are threatening to knock off dozens of Republicans who supported a measure that raised taxes on the nation's highest earners.

Once a strong voice in the party, moderate Republicans across the Northeast are nearly extinct.

And they wonder why Romney got his ass handed to him. The Neo-Cons are so out of touch with what REAL Americans want.

Last time a prez got more than 50% of the popular vote the second time around was Ike.

Get it through your head, wouldja?

The etcha a sketch guy lost.

America won.

And, yes, the GObP is falling apart, largely because of the Kochs/teepotters.

John Boehner Reelection Explained – The Tea Party Is Really REALLY Stupid | Addicting Info

Last time a prez got more than 50% of the popular vote the second time around was Ike.

America won.

John Boehner Reelection Explained – The Tea Party Is Really REALLY Stupid | Addicting Info

2012------------------------------2008
barack obama 60784817 50% obama 69,456,897 52.9%
Mitt Romney 57888616 48% McCain 59,934,814 45.7%

Not sure what to think, the GOP is divided and they are always in lock step with each other. The Dems claim they are united, then they will tell you the celebrate several different views.

All I see is spin and more spin.

America won.

Final Tally Shows Obama First Since

America won.

Final Tally Shows Obama First Since

one more time and please read slowly so you will understand
obama received less votes in 2012 than he did in 2008

1. President Obama's 2012 vote total -- 59.8 million -- was 100,000 less than the 59.9 million John McCain received in 2008, which means that Romney received several million less than McCain.

2. Obama received more than 51% of the vote twice, the first since Eisenhower.

3. Which means we GOP reach out more to women and minorities and Hispanics while forgetting the freaks in militia dreamworld

In all sincerity, how old are you? 14?
All that you post is like a 14 yr old little girl.

you go ask him and get back to us
just because you like being in a party that walks lockstep that does all your thinking for you

Ok.......

"Governor Christie, would you characterize your feelings about the Speaker of the House"?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0dEF0uVb2s]Chris Christie: Boehner wouldn't take my calls - YouTube[/ame]

ummm, you all do like a whiner you have the biggest one as your Dear Leader

well, this turned into a republican circle jerk real quick.

Term limits sound great, but I have one big issue. How the F are these guys supposed to become seasons vets of we dont allow them? We would just have a bunch of snot nosed officials with no experience, sort of like the current tea party. Im not really going to vote for that. Then again, anything over a decade in office is a bit much. There has to be a productive medium.

You mean the conservatives that voted Dems out of the HoR in 2010?

:eusa_hand:

Geez, get over it already; take comfort in the fact that Obama will probably appoint another liberal justice to the supreme court to help ensure "progressive" deliberations for the next decade.

No, I mean the TeaTards

The ones who force unelectable candidates on the Republicans and force unelectable platforms on electable candidates

forced...anyone can run in a election...who forced Rosanne Barr to run or Cindy Sheehan

It's on Yahoo, it must be significant.

How did I miss that?

We're in the process of liquidating our "Moderates" who seem to be working in concert with the Neo-Marxists (aka: Democrats), so yes, this is a lot of fun

LMAO!! You just keep believing that. Your problems are the T Party and your continuing to want the rich to get tax breaks, declare wars, never serve in one and hand a trillion dollars to Wall St. banks with no strings attached.....for starters.

It's on Yahoo, it must be significant.

How did I miss that?

We're in the process of liquidating our "Moderates" who seem to be working in concert with the Neo-Marxists (aka: Democrats), so yes, this is a lot of fun

LMAO!! You just keep believing that. Your problems are the T Party and your continuing to want the rich to get tax breaks, declare wars, never serve in one and hand a trillion dollars to Wall St. banks with no strings attached.....for starters.

reformed Republicans are like reformed smokers...bores
all of a sudden they see the light and everyone in their former party has now become the enemy

[

all of a sudden they see the light and everyone in their former party has now become the enemy

I would put it more along the lines of you used to smoke pot with your buddy, and while you grew up, he became a full blown coke fiend.

The problem isn't just that I've changed, which I have. My attitudes towards GOP Philosophy changed the minute my ex-boss said it was okay for him to screw me over bcause "this isn't a union shop."

But the GOP has changed as well, letting the most radical elements have control. When your party decided that the word "rape" needed to be qualified with adjectives, it was probably time to leave.

[

I would put it more along the lines of you used to smoke pot with your buddy, and while you grew up, he became a full blown coke fiend.

The problem isn't just that I've changed, which I have. My attitudes towards GOP Philosophy changed the minute my ex-boss said it was okay for him to screw me over bcause "this isn't a union shop."

But the GOP has changed as well, letting the most radical elements have control. When your party decided that the word "rape" needed to be qualified with adjectives, it was probably time to leave.

lol, one person talks about "rape" and all of a sudden that makes it the WHOLE party. and now they have let the RADICAL elements have control...the only RADICAL elements in control are the ones you just voted for to put back in as President
AGAIN, reformed Republicans are not only bores but turned hysterically insane too

Last edited:
[

lol, one person talks about "rape" and all of a sudden that makes it the WHOLE party
AGAIN, reformed Republicans are not only bores but turned hysterically insane too

It wasn't just one person talking about rape... You have a whole crapload of stupid adjectives being added to the word rape by Republican politicians... usually to try to parse a position on abortion that is just crazy.

gop_rape_advisory_megachart.gif

Forum List

Back