GOP Quickly Becoming A Fractured Party. I LOVE IT!!!

Everyone considers the President of the day, Republican or Democrat, a "seasoned vet" after two terms. If two terms are good enough for the President, it should be good enough for Members of the House, (although their terms should be four years, election to be held for their post in today's "midterm") and especially for the biggest hypocrites of all, the Senators. And there is also something terribly wrong with life time appointments of Supreme Court Justices.

The Founding Fathers NEVER envisioned abominations like Charlie Rangel, Harry Reid or Mitch McConnell, who seem to be under the impression that it is their birthright to leech off the public purse and be permanent fixtures in Washington, DC.

America, for its survival NEEDS and MUST HAVE term limits.

Term limits are the last vestige of losers

They can't beat incumbents so they try to change the rules to keep them from running. Our existing term limits force a candidate to go back to the people to reaffirm the job he is doing. If not.....he loses

You Democrats don't mind having these CAREER politicians sucking off of us and running your lives then hold them to no standard what so ever..
that is why we have this Government today, but they count on people like you

Yes....I prefer a career politician who understands the demands of the job over some neophyte who is only there because term limits block the experienced candidate from running

well, this turned into a republican circle jerk real quick.

Term limits sound great, but I have one big issue. How the F are these guys supposed to become seasons vets of we dont allow them? We would just have a bunch of snot nosed officials with no experience, sort of like the current tea party. Im not really going to vote for that. Then again, anything over a decade in office is a bit much. There has to be a productive medium.

Everyone considers the President of the day, Republican or Democrat, a "seasoned vet" after two terms. If two terms are good enough for the President, it should be good enough for Members of the House, (although their terms should be four years, election to be held for their post in today's "midterm") and especially for the biggest hypocrites of all, the Senators. And there is also something terribly wrong with life time appointments of Supreme Court Justices.

The Founding Fathers NEVER envisioned abominations like Charlie Rangel, Harry Reid or Mitch McConnell, who seem to be under the impression that it is their birthright to leech off the public purse and be permanent fixtures in Washington, DC.

America, for its survival NEEDS and MUST HAVE term limits.

They can't beat incumbents so they try to change the rules to keep them from running. Our existing term limits force a candidate to go back to the people to reaffirm the job he is doing. If not.....he loses

Actually, term limits should be self-imposed. Only the totally incompetent, who know fully well that they had done a lousy job representing their electors - but managed to pull the wool over their eyes - feel the need to run again for more than two terms. That, and the irresistible need and hunger for power, the more absolute the better. And of course all the pork that makes everyday Joes into millionaires.

Opposing term limits is the last vestige of a loser and a freeloader.

You Democrats don't mind having these CAREER politicians sucking off of us and running your lives then hold them to no standard what so ever..
that is why we have this Government today, but they count on people like you

Yes....I prefer a career politician who understands the demands of the job over some neophyte who is only there because term limits block the experienced candidate from running

By your definition all the Founding Fathers were "neophytes".

The seeds of the Tea Party were planted on February 19, 2009 by CNBC's Rick Santelli reporting on the mortgage crisis from the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade.

Then, with the advent of the Tea Party, the simplistic, absolutist crazies came out of the woodwork, painting and proudly displaying delightful signs such as "Keep Government Out of my Medicare" at their hyper-energetic rallies. Unelected private citizen Grover Norquist (who remains viable and influential to this day) criss-crossed the landscape to shove a simplistic, absolutist "pledge" in the noses of Republican candidates who knew that such simplistic absolutism is simply unworkable in a cooperative legislative environment (we have one of those, really!), and no doubt wished he would find another hobby.

With their great (if naive) energy and a Republican-friendly gerrymandering system, the Tea Party was the driving force behind many localized elections in 2010. Unfortunately, a few of the Tea Party-driven candidates were unable to adequately mask their various psychoses, and the GOP a couple of key races it really should have won. Conveniently, the Tea Party ignored/forgot those results.

Also unfortunately, these localized victories convinced the Tea Party and GOP hardliners that they and their candidates spoke "for most Americans", and that their peculiar brand of simplistic absolutism would spread like wildfire across the land. We then saw moments like a group of otherwise reasonably intelligent Republican Presidential candidates, terrified of the small but loud influence of the Tea Party, famously refuse to agree to one (1) dollar in tax increases for every ten (10) dollars in spending cuts. Breathtaking.

And the public was watching. Then they voted in 2012.

This energy remains today on a localized basis, where the Tea Party-elected legislators are still convinced that they are speaking for "most Americans" when they defiantly fold their arms and close their eyes like a seven year old boy who simply refuses to clean his room. And, as human nature will do, this behavior caused the hated Obama and his party to stiffen their own spines, and given the fact they have the votes (I wonder if the Tea Party knows that), they ran over the GOP like a banana in the road and passed a 1-to-47 spending cut to tax cut bill (or something like that) that really should have taught the GOP a pretty clear fucking lesson about "pledges" and absolutism.

Probably not, though.

Last edited:
It was Akin and Mourdouch in Indiana and Iowa talking stupidly about rape, and a very significant majority of the state's GOP membership did not desert them, so, yes, the GOP needs to get rid of that mentality. 2016 is our last Republican chance nationally to turn it around for a generation. We can't do it with the ultra right and libertarian wings peeing on the floor.

[

reformed Republicans are like reformed smokers...bores
all of a sudden they see the light and everyone in their former party has now become the enemy

I would put it more along the lines of you used to smoke pot with your buddy, and while you grew up, he became a full blown coke fiend.

The problem isn't just that I've changed, which I have. My attitudes towards GOP Philosophy changed the minute my ex-boss said it was okay for him to screw me over bcause "this isn't a union shop."

But the GOP has changed as well, letting the most radical elements have control. When your party decided that the word "rape" needed to be qualified with adjectives, it was probably time to leave.

lol, one person talks about "rape" and all of a sudden that makes it the WHOLE party. and now they have let the RADICAL elements have control...the only RADICAL elements in control are the ones you just voted for to put back in as President
AGAIN, reformed Republicans are not only bores but turned hysterically insane too

Note to readers:

Stephanie lives in a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to sane man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between her left and right ears, between faith and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and his vast ignorance.

Oh brother.

The seeds of the Tea Party were planted on February 19, 2009 by CNBC's Rick Santelli reporting on the mortgage crisis from the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade.

Then, with the advent of the Tea Party, the simplistic, absolutist crazies came out of the woodwork, painting and proudly displaying delightful signs such as "Keep Government Out of my Medicare" at their hyper-energetic rallies. Unelected private citizen Grover Norquist (who remains viable and influential to this day) criss-crossed the landscape to shove a simplistic, absolutist "pledge" in the noses of Republican candidates who knew that such simplistic absolutism is simply unworkable in a cooperative legislative environment (we have one of those, really!), and no doubt wished he would find another hobby.

With their great (if naive) energy and a Republican-friendly gerrymandering system, the Tea Party was the driving force behind many localized elections in 2010. Unfortunately, a few of the Tea Party-driven candidates were unable to adequately mask their various psychoses, and the GOP a couple of key races it really should have won. Conveniently, the Tea Party ignored/forgot those results.

Also unfortunately, these localized victories convinced the Tea Party and GOP hardliners that they and their candidates spoke "for most Americans", and that their peculiar brand of simplistic absolutism would spread like wildfire across the land. We then saw moments like a group of otherwise reasonably intelligent Republican Presidential candidates, terrified of the small but loud influence of the Tea Party, famously refuse to agree to one (1) dollar in tax increases for every ten (10) dollars in spending cuts. Breathtaking.

This energy remains today on a localized basis, where the Tea Party-elected legislators are still convinced that they are speaking for "most Americans" when they defiantly fold their arms and close their eyes like a seven year old boy who simply refuses to clean his room. And, as human nature will do, this behavior caused the hated Obama and his party to stiffen their own spines, and given the fact they have the votes (I wonder if the Tea Party knows that), they ran over the GOP like a banana in the road and passed a 1-to-47 spending cut to tax cut bill (or something like that) that really should have taught the GOP a pretty clear fucking lesson about "pledges" and absolutism.

Probably not, though.

hehehe you have missed the take from the washington post. one thing you idiots on the left don't get.

Its how long we can sit in a tree...

Probably not, though.

hehehe you have missed the take from the washington post. one thing you idiots on the left don't get.

Its how long we can sit in a tree...

A thoughtful and elegant response, to be sure.

lol, one person talks about "rape" and all of a sudden that makes it the WHOLE party
AGAIN, reformed Republicans are not only bores but turned hysterically insane too

It wasn't just one person talking about rape... You have a whole crapload of stupid adjectives being added to the word rape by Republican politicians... usually to try to parse a position on abortion that is just crazy.

gop_rape_advisory_megachart.gif

brainwrap.com...
give us a BREAK

Looks to me like you've already had all the breaks you are going to get. I mean after all.....who in the world talks about small government at the same they are telling a woman what her bedroom habits should be?

The GOP Primary process is the best thing to ever happen to Democrats

It ensures that unelectable Republicans will run for President and the Senate

Gloat all you want now, while you may. In 2012 there was no Democratic primary, because all Democrats were forced into silence at the inevitable charge of RACIST if they ever had the nerve to challenge Obama.

But remember: There will be a democratic primary in 2016, possibly every bit as damaging to them as the 2012 primaries were for the Republicans.

I think that's wishful thinking. If Hillary runs, she'll walk away with it pretty easily.

[

You don't get to decide who or what is "sensible" for a state you don't live in..
If that's the case I think the state who ran and re-elected Alan Grayson are all a bunch of nut jobs, or who ran and elected a former KKK grand wizard for over 30years

Wry Catcher had a point, you do live in your own reality...

Besides the fact you've promoted Byrd to a "Grand Wizard" in the Klan when his association was a lot less than that at a time when the Klan was a lot more respectable... It was kind of like a racist rotarian club.

I tend to judge a man on his entire life... and there's a lot to praise and criticize...

Point is, the GOP was still doing Willie Horton ads and shit like that when Byrd had renounced the Klan and all it stood for.

The GOP Primary process is the best thing to ever happen to Democrats

It ensures that unelectable Republicans will run for President and the Senate

Gloat all you want now, while you may. In 2012 there was no Democratic primary, because all Democrats were forced into silence at the inevitable charge of RACIST if they ever had the nerve to challenge Obama.

But remember: There will be a democratic primary in 2016, possibly every bit as damaging to them as the 2012 primaries were for the Republicans.

I think that's wishful thinking. If Hillary runs, she'll walk away with it pretty easily.

Just like Jimmy Carter was supposed to beat the "amiable dunce" B-actor?

Just like Purple Heart hero (for self-inflicted scratch) gigolo John Kerry was supposed to beat George W. Bush?

Like I said before gloat while you may and forget that politics run in cycles.

By 2016 Hillary will be a washed up, prune faced antiquity, that does not have the courage of Margaret Thatcher, the integrity of Golda Maier or the looks of Benazir Bhutto.

Only her gender that was forgotten conveniently by her "husband".

Last edited:
[

You don't get to decide who or what is "sensible" for a state you don't live in..
If that's the case I think the state who ran and re-elected Alan Grayson are all a bunch of nut jobs, or who ran and elected a former KKK grand wizard for over 30years

Besides the fact you've promoted Byrd to a "Grand Wizard" in the Klan when his association was a lot less than that at a time when the Klan was a lot more respectable... It was kind of like a racist rotarian club.

I tend to judge a man on his entire life... and there's a lot to praise and criticize...

Point is, the GOP was still doing Willie Horton ads and shit like that when Byrd had renounced the Klan and all it stood for.

That sanctimonious prick, Robert Byrd was the loudest condemning Clinton - rightfully - on Clinton's marital indiscretions and his besmirching the Oval Office, but when it came to voting he chose to acquit.

BTW he was the last United States Senator who used the word "******" with impunity.

Just like Jimmy Carter was supposed to beat the "amiable dunce" B-actor?

Just like Purple Heart hero (for self-inflicted scratch) gigolo John Kerry was supposed to beat George W. Bush?

Like I said before gloat while you may and forget that politics run in cycles.

By 2016 Hillary will be a washed up, prune faced antiquity, that does not have the courage of Margaret Thatcher, the integrity of Golda Maier or the looks of Benazir Bhutto.

Only her gender that was forgotten conveniently by her "husband".

I was specifically talking about he Democratic nomination process, where you predicted a bruising fight.

Incidently, the only thing bruising about the 2012 GOP nominating fight is that none of you guys really like Romney, but none of you could come up with anyone better.

Now, for the General election, the best the GOP has to offer is... Jeb Bush? Really? Okay, because his Father and Brother were such smashing successes as President.

[

That sanctimonious prick, Robert Byrd was the loudest condemning Clinton - rightfully - on Clinton's marital indiscretions and his besmirching the Oval Office, but when it came to voting he chose to acquit.

BTW he was the last United States Senator who used the word "******" with impunity.

I think most Americans saw a major difference between thinking Clinton was kind of a creep for the way he cheated on his wife, and thinking it was worth impeaching him over.

And I'll admit, back in 1999, I was totally in the "Impeach the Bastard" camp.

Now what I remember is that we had full employment, employers actually didn't screw with you because you'd be hard to replace, we were posting surpluses, we weren't at war with anyone, (at least not for very long)....

The wealthy and the corporations are part of America and they deserve a political party to represent them. With such a small portion of the American people wealthy, the corporations and rich must depend on their wealth to gain voting equality, and they usually do this quite effectively, buying congressmen, financing political campaigns and even to keeping Democratic voters from voting. Perhaps the Republicans have simply gotten too greedy, too effctive buying politicians, and too overreaching?
America also needs to maintain a democracy, and for that we need a middle class of reasonble size. This country cannot afford to let the wealthy destroy the middle class as they attempt to destroy their corporate competition.

And was unanimously among his peers a far greater Senator, statesman, and Christian gentleman than Strom Thurmond. Byrd could repent and make restitution for the past. Thurmond merely ignored and fathered an illegitimate bi-racial daughter.
[

Forum List

Back