GOP prepares comeback: ‘We can’t come off as a bunch of angry white men’

If the Republican party wants to succeed, it has to do the following:
1. Distance itself from the racist wackos and integrate various minorities, simply because whites are soon to become the minority race.
2. Distance itself from fundamentalist religious zealots. The number of atheists, agnostics, secular humanists and people describing themselves as of "no particular religion," is growing. Especially since more and more are realizing how dividing and antagonistic religious dogma can be.
3. Acknowledge that some social programs are important to the public at large (social security and medicare) and must be somehow maintained.
4. Recognize that some measures must be adopted to preserve the resources of this planet, as well as advocate space ventures to bring resources to this planet (i.e., asteroid mining, etc.).
I feel that adopting such ideas/principles would bring most around to the Republican party again.

If the Republican party wants to succeed, it has to do the following:
1. Distance itself from the racist wackos and integrate various minorities, simply because whites are soon to become the minority race.
2. Distance itself from fundamentalist religious zealots. The number of atheists, agnostics, secular humanists and people describing themselves as of "no particular religion," is growing. Especially since more and more are realizing how dividing and antagonistic religious dogma can be.
3. Acknowledge that some social programs are important to the public at large (social security and medicare) and must be somehow maintained.
4. Recognize that some measures must be adopted to preserve the resources of this planet, as well as advocate space ventures to bring resources to this planet (i.e., asteroid mining, etc.).
I feel that adopting such ideas/principles would bring most around to the Republican party again.

I am sure you will welcome that day.

I am sure you are hoping for the day when Hip Hop will replace Mozart, Beethoven, Verdi and Gershwin. When novels of Dickens, plays of Shakespeare and poems of Elizabeth Browning will be replaced by something of more value, that was not produced by Dead White Men.

I am sure you are hoping for the day when the Ten Commandments will be thrown of the trash heap and everyone will be free to do as they choose, with no morality and no responsibility.

I am sure that it fills your heart with great delight that someday when everyone is equal, there will be no more funds to provide that equality.

I am sure that you feel that the day when using resources that help humans feel good will be outlawed just to save Mother Earth, will be the day when misery will save Earth and mankind.

If you are thinking of the future, like all Democrats claim they do, maybe you should be thinking about the debt you Democrats and your God, Obama are loading onto our children and grand children.

Someone explain to me that considering what the Democrats did to my grandchildren and the debt they placed upon them, why, oh why should I not be mad as hell? BTW, I can't help but be white.

Both parties have had hands in the monstrous debt facing this nation.

In fact, the debt has risen under every administration since Eisenhower.

I assume you are also addressing the crazy far left whack jobs as well. The far left extremists have take hold of the dem party and obama is more than a willing accomplice. The liberals always push this meme of "conservatives are so extreme and nutty"....well, those of us who are not blinded by hatred who can see beyond the rhetoric of the far left can see what the liberals can't. Call them conservatives, call them independents, call them liberterians, call them repubs.....but we can see where the liberals will fail, and they will fail BIG TIME. The US is center-right and the more the liberals push, the sooner the public will denounce liberal causes. So, keep going you crazy libs....the conservatives can't wait to get rid of you!!

Why should he? What would be the point?

Unlike the GOP where the crazy far right whack jobs are running the Party, the crazy far left whack jobs aren’t running the Democratic Party. They successfully marginalized the far left between 1988 and 1992, the proof of that is democrats have won four of the last six General Elections. More proof of this is that the proposed AWB will fail to be enacted into law, its supporters unable to realize the needed votes in a Senate controlled by democrats.

And again, whining about how ‘awful’ the democrats are isn’t going to do anything to address the serious problems the GOP faces, the problems Gov. Jindal recently and accurately addressed.

The crazy left whack are not running the Democratic Party?

Are you serious?

Who is in the White House? Who is running the Democratic Party?

Very serious.

When the ‘left’ was running the Democratic Party they won only one General Election between 1968 and 1988. Once the ‘left’ was marginalized starting in 1992, as already noted, they’ve won four of the last six GEs.

You can’t win that many presidential elections in just a 20-year period without attracting a lot of independents and moderates, not to mention a good number of republicans as well.

And the Party leadership is mostly moderate, such as Harry Reid, who in essence dumped cold water on the new AWB.

When you look at democrats on the state and local level, you see mostly moderates to moderate-left; and you have a good number of conservative democrats (‘blue dogs’) who very much have a say in the direction of the Party.

Compare that to the GOP, where not only are liberals practically extinct but moderates are being hunted down and driven out of the Party as well.

You and others on the right have a very serious problem; so again: stop worry about democrats and get your own affairs in order.

My first thought when I read that headline was something to the effect of: "But that's what you ARE."

But I decided to reserve judgment until I had read the news article in its entirety (something I strongly suggest conservatives should try to do, at least once).

And what I came away with after reading the article is the feeling that the GOP wants to burnish its image. They truly want to change the public perception of who they are and what they believe. BUT, they don't REALLY want to change who they are and what they believe.

....So, I'm guessing the hoods & robes stay.

My first thought when I read that headline was something to the effect of: "But that's what you ARE."

But I decided to reserve judgment until I had read the news article in its entirety (something I strongly suggest conservatives should try to do, at least once).

And what I came away with after reading the article is the feeling that the GOP wants to burnish its image. They truly want to change the public perception of who they are and what they believe. BUT, they don't REALLY want to change who they are and what they believe.

Sorry chump, hoods and ropes were a democrat invention.

Sorry chump, hoods and ropes were a democrat invention.

....Until LBJ signed Civil Rights legislation, and we (finally) shed those uneducated/in-bred pigs.

You see a party who just lost a couple of elections now dosent win the NEXT time by kicking out MORE voters

Ya know, there was a time when republicans won back to back elections.....and I'm certain that you weren't talking about the liberals becoming obsolete or irrelevant or any of the other idiotic accusations you make against conservatives. Then again, liberals tend to accuse others of the very things they are guilty of.....and then claim it was BUSH's fault :eek:

Forum List

Back