GOP official says God chooses to bless raped women with pregnancy

They wouldn't and they shouldn't. My point is, there is a difference between a fetus and a child who is already born.

only it's age.

And the fact that one is a person and the other is not.

You keep posting a conclusion with no proof. Sure that's your opinion, but WHY isn't it a person?

I disagree...and I've got more logic on my side.

#1 it's alive
#2 it can only be human.

BOOM! No other mental gymnastics are needed.

When you abort a child, you're ending the life of a human.

only it's age.

You keep posting a conclusion with no proof. Sure that's your opinion, but WHY isn't it a person?

#1 it's alive
#2 it can only be human.

Do you also feel, when you unplug a brain dead man from life support, are you also ending the life of a human?

What state does she legislate in? Meaning what state is she a senator in or a congresswomen in? Is a judge? Is she an elected official? Is she even a god damn mayor?

NO she is a nothing but a figment of your imagination! One kook says something and you attach it to the GOP. If that is the way you want it we can attach a million x crazier leftist to the Democrats

So...you know...one weird guy saying something...ok. He's just a kook. But intelligence has been described as sophisticated PATTERN RECOGNITION.

GOP official says God chooses to bless raped women with pregnancy - Detroit liberal | Examiner.com

only it's age.

#1 it's alive
#2 it can only be human.

Human does not equal person. A corpse is human, yet it has cease to be a person. Same with a fetus - and I have the law on my side.

Ask yourself WHY a fetus is alive. Can it be taken from the womb and survive on its own, or does it need a host to keep it alive?

#1 it's alive
#2 it can only be human.

Do you also feel, when you unplug a brain dead man from life support, are you also ending the life of a human?

The two are not analogous as one is alive at the time you're killing it and another is already dead when you're removing the support. The support isn't keeping him alive, as he's already brain dead. The baby on the other hand is still living.

#1 it's alive
#2 it can only be human.

The two are not analogous as one is alive at the time you're killing it and another is already dead when you're removing the support. The support isn't keeping him alive, as he's already brain dead. The baby on the other hand is still living.

The support is keeping the person alive in the sense he has a heartbeat. Unless you don't believe that a heartbeat can equal life, in which case, you should be pro choice.

#1 it's alive
#2 it can only be human.

Actually it's a great analogy. Both are as alive or dead as the other, they are both incapable of functioning independently and are equally "brain dead".

No, it's a terrible analogy. As you failed to set up a comparison of beings in the same state.

Not only is one already dead and the other still living, but you've got another problem. One has a brain that can never recover, the other has a brain that will certainly work.

There's no getting around that you're scraping living human tissue out of the mother, destroying it. It's alive...and you stop it from remaining alive. Otherwise, you wouldn't need the procedure to protect you from the consequences.

Noomi, brain dead is brain dead. A heartbeat doesn't make someone alive by itself. Good try though.

I really don't want to argue abortion with you. The moment a majority of medical experts define a zygot as a human being, I will hop on the pro-life boat.:)

And there in lies the reason this is a hopeless debate. If we were talking about a live child no one would argue against you don't take their life. While I am not pro-life I admire the conviction of Aiken and this women because they are willing to stand by their beliefs even in the most troubling circumstances.

The problem is none of us truely know and the belief of when life commences is truely that a belief. As such, the government shouldn't impose one communities belief system on the other.

Did Aiken and this women chose their words poorly? Yes. Did they use pseudo science to justify their actions. Sure but Republicans have been doing this for the past decade. The whole party is based on anti-intellectualism. That fact is who they are. But you have to admire people who stand by their belief in something as weighty as taking another human life even in a situation where it is sure to draw criticism. Instead of attacking Aiken democrats should be willing to say he is right and ask people are you so sure that life begins at conception that you are willing to demand a rape victim carry the resulting baby. This is the acid test of the pro-life movement.

Life begins at conception. You might not believe that, but it doesnt change that people do know when life begins. That's when a new life has begun. An Individual with a unique strain of DNA now exists. That's a fact.

An organism with a unique strain of DNA exists. But the organism looks more like an amphibian than a human for much of early life. No one questions killing an amphibian. The question is when does the body become human and for me when does it possess a human soul. You don't have the answer to that question nor do I.

It's great that Republicans want to spread the rapist's genes as far as possible and force women to be reminded of their rape every day for the rest of their lives.

You don't understand the Atonement of Christ do you?

Is it really a child's fault that his/her father is a rapist?

No, it's a terrible analogy. As you failed to set up a comparison of beings in the same state.

Not only is one already dead and the other still living, but you've got another problem. One has a brain that can never recover, the other has a brain that will certainly work.

There's no getting around that you're scraping living human tissue out of the mother, destroying it. It's alive...and you stop it from remaining alive. Otherwise, you wouldn't need the procedure to protect you from the consequences.

Noomi, brain dead is brain dead. A heartbeat doesn't make someone alive by itself. Good try though.

You are ignoring the point. The fetus is alive ONLY because it is inside the woman. Why can't the woman take it out and have the fetus live on its own?

And there in lies the reason this is a hopeless debate. If we were talking about a live child no one would argue against you don't take their life. While I am not pro-life I admire the conviction of Aiken and this women because they are willing to stand by their beliefs even in the most troubling circumstances.

The problem is none of us truely know and the belief of when life commences is truely that a belief. As such, the government shouldn't impose one communities belief system on the other.

Did Aiken and this women chose their words poorly? Yes. Did they use pseudo science to justify their actions. Sure but Republicans have been doing this for the past decade. The whole party is based on anti-intellectualism. That fact is who they are. But you have to admire people who stand by their belief in something as weighty as taking another human life even in a situation where it is sure to draw criticism. Instead of attacking Aiken democrats should be willing to say he is right and ask people are you so sure that life begins at conception that you are willing to demand a rape victim carry the resulting baby. This is the acid test of the pro-life movement.

Life begins at conception. You might not believe that, but it doesnt change that people do know when life begins. That's when a new life has begun. An Individual with a unique strain of DNA now exists. That's a fact.

An organism with a unique strain of DNA exists. But the organism looks more like an amphibian than a human for much of early life. No one questions killing an amphibian. The question is when does the body become human and for me when does it possess a human soul. You don't have the answer to that question nor do I.

Funny. I could have sworn I just gave you the answer. But I understand the need to pretend otherwise.

It's great that Republicans want to spread the rapist's genes as far as possible and force women to be reminded of their rape every day for the rest of their lives.

Is it the woman's fault she was raped? No - so why should we force her to endure more pain and torment by making her give birth to a rape baby?

Think about that a bit more mathematically for a second. You've got a 50/50 chance to kill a baby or not to kill a baby. Does one choice seem smarter than the other, taking into account the probabilities?

Make it more direct than a pregnancy. Let's take an ACTUAL BABY. Hold a Springfield .40 cal to its head. The guy who gave it to you said "I've had that thing for 30 years. It only has a 50 50 chance of firing." Would you feel comfortable pulling the trigger? Of course not!

I really wish humans had evolved with clear stomachs during pregnancy. Maybe if people could SEE the baby...they'd respect its life.

Personally I am opposed to abortion but it is still based on my religious beliefs. The moment you start legislating religious beliefs you are no better than the Islamists who want to impose Sharia law.

Is it the woman's fault she was raped? No - so why should we force her to endure more pain and torment by making her give birth to a rape baby?

You arent forcing her to do anything. Nature is nature.

Why should you be able to kill your innocent child because of the wicked father?

Forum List

Back