GOP official says God chooses to bless raped women with pregnancy

And the fact that one is a person and the other is not.

You keep posting a conclusion with no proof. Sure that's your opinion, but WHY isn't it a person?

I disagree...and I've got more logic on my side.

#1 it's alive
#2 it can only be human.

BOOM! No other mental gymnastics are needed.

When you abort a child, you're ending the life of a human.

Do you also feel, when you unplug a brain dead man from life support, are you also ending the life of a human?

Yes.

And the fact that one is a person and the other is not.

You keep posting a conclusion with no proof. Sure that's your opinion, but WHY isn't it a person?

#1 it's alive
#2 it can only be human.

Human does not equal person. A corpse is human, yet it has cease to be a person. Same with a fetus - and I have the law on my side.

Ask yourself WHY a fetus is alive. Can it be taken from the womb and survive on its own, or does it need a host to keep it alive?

Corpses are not human.

#1 it's alive
#2 it can only be human.

Do you also feel, when you unplug a brain dead man from life support, are you also ending the life of a human?

Yes.

Are you ending the life of a person?
If so, then you would believe that removing life support is murder - correct?

It's great that Republicans want to spread the rapist's genes as far as possible and force women to be reminded of their rape every day for the rest of their lives.

You don't understand the Atonement of Christ do you?

Is it really a child's fault that his/her father is a rapist?

Is it the woman's fault she was raped? No - so why should we force her to endure more pain and torment by making her give birth to a rape baby?

Is it the baby's fault the mother was raped? Why should it be killed simply because its father is a rapist? Should we also kill the children of murderers and thieves to cut down on crime?

They wouldn't and they shouldn't. My point is, there is a difference between a fetus and a child who is already born.

Only if you think there is. There are many who argue that there is no difference, and that parents should be able to kill a child after it is born if the economic situation justifies it.

There is a difference, and I would only support the euthanasia of a newborn if the baby was severely brain damaged or deformed.

Severely deformed? Like, for example, if the baby was born without tibias, like the guy that was in the Olympics this year?

#1 it's alive
#2 it can only be human.

Human does not equal person. A corpse is human, yet it has cease to be a person. Same with a fetus - and I have the law on my side.

Ask yourself WHY a fetus is alive. Can it be taken from the womb and survive on its own, or does it need a host to keep it alive?

Corpses are not human.

Yes they are. A dead person doesn't become something other than human. They still have human DNA.

Only if you think there is. There are many who argue that there is no difference, and that parents should be able to kill a child after it is born if the economic situation justifies it.

There is a difference, and I would only support the euthanasia of a newborn if the baby was severely brain damaged or deformed.

Severely deformed? Like, for example, if the baby was born without tibias, like the guy that was in the Olympics this year?

It would depend. If it was born without arms or legs, then I would want it euthanased.

You don't understand the Atonement of Christ do you?

Is it really a child's fault that his/her father is a rapist?

Is it the woman's fault she was raped? No - so why should we force her to endure more pain and torment by making her give birth to a rape baby?

Is it the baby's fault the mother was raped? Why should it be killed simply because its father is a rapist? Should we also kill the children of murderers and thieves to cut down on crime?

It is the mother's feelings which should be primary. She most likely holds feelings of hate and resentment among many other emotions toward her rapist. Having a child around to remind her of this horror is very often not what the woman wants or can live with. It should be her decision to abort or not and people should quit supposing, passing judgment, thinking she is less important than the fetus, etc. The woman who is raped is just as innocent as the fetus and since she is a living, breathing, thinking human being, her feelings should always be the deciding factor.

Yes.

The law actually agrees with me, and disagrees with you, on this one. The law allows life support to be terminated after a doctor determines someone is in a persistent vegetative state. That is not murder, but until that actually happens the person is legally alive. That means that terminating life support is actually killing a living person. Until that happens that person has all the legal protections you do, even if he cannot think.

Corpses are not human.

Yes they are. A dead person doesn't become something other than human. They still have human DNA.

My spit has human DNA, does that make it human?

The law actually agrees with me, and disagrees with you, on this one. The law allows life support to be terminated after a doctor determines someone is in a persistent vegetative state. That is not murder, but until that actually happens the person is legally alive. That means that terminating life support is actually killing a living person. Until that happens that person has all the legal protections you do, even if he cannot think.

So in your opinion, it is okay to kill someone on life support, but not okay to kill a fetus who is also on a form of life support?

Nice to see the lifers are being consistent as usual.

It is the mother's feelings which should be primary. She most likely holds feelings of hate and resentment among many other emotions toward her rapist. Having a child around to remind her of this horror is very often not what the woman wants or can live with. It should be her decision to abort or not and people should quit supposing, passing judgment, thinking she is less important than the fetus, etc. The woman who is raped is just as innocent as the fetus and since she is a living, breathing, thinking human being, her feelings should always be the deciding factor.

The mothers feelings should be primary? Why? If a couple has a baby and the man rapes the woman can she kill the baby? If not, what is the difference? It is still the child of a rapist, and that woman might still hate the father, and still not want to be reminded of the rape by the very existence of a child? Does it really make a difference that the rape happened after the child was born rather than before it was?

So in your opinion, it is okay to kill someone on life support, but not okay to kill a fetus who is also on a form of life support?

Where did I say that? I said that it is legal to do one.

Come to think of it, it is legal to do both.

Please point out where I said either was right.

So you're comparing emotional pain, albeit bad, to complete and utter death?? That's :cuckoo:

You offer no support for your conclusion that the mother should always get to decide.

Pain is worse than death? Not even close.

I am confused. Are you saying you are pro choice?

So you're comparing emotional pain, albeit bad, to complete and utter death?? That's :cuckoo:

You offer no support for your conclusion that the mother should always get to decide.

Pain is worse than death? Not even close.

Says everyone who has never been raped.

How do you know I haven't?

But that's not even the real issue.

I'll even help you. There's an anecdote that perhaps you've heard "A fate worse than death". Surely there has to be something worse. Ask as many people as you'd like, would you rather be raped and impregnated or killed? You'll most likely get raped and impregnated from most people.

But let's say you don't. The law that you tried to rely upon earlier finds Death worse. The punishment for Rape is consistently less than for Murder. Death is worse than Rape says the law...based on the values of ...well pretty much the entire Earth since the beginning of time.

Don't let THAT stop you though ;)

How do you know I haven't?

But that's not even the real issue.

I'll even help you. There's an anecdote that perhaps you've heard "A fate worse than death". Surely there has to be something worse. Ask as many people as you'd like, would you rather be raped and impregnated or killed? You'll most likely get raped and impregnated from most people.

But let's say you don't. The law that you tried to rely upon earlier finds Death worse. The punishment for Rape is consistently less than for Murder. Death is worse than Rape says the law...based on the values of ...well pretty much the entire Earth since the beginning of time.

Don't let THAT stop you though ;)

Rape is bad enough, but forcing a woman to endure a pregnancy borne of rape IS a fate worse than death, and if you had been raped, you wouldn't be acting like a callous fucker and let her make the choice as to whether she wants a baby.

Noomi, you need to check your attitude at the fucking door.

I'm not being callous simply because I have a different opinion from you. If you'd actually read this thread and my posts in it...instead of skipping to the shit you're irate about...you'd have read that I went into detail earlier about how horrifically bad it must be. And that women have a valid point that men shouldn't be the only ones dictating policy on such important issues.

I do care about women and I'm not being callous. It's a shame that since you've lost the argument you feel the need to get personal. Might wanna check with a doctor about that.

I am confused. Are you saying you are pro choice?

You are confused because you are making assumptions about me.

Forum List

Back