GOP leaders to skip Selma event

It's not silly logic, it is fact. Once the Civil Rights act was passed, the South went deep red. Only an idiot would ignore it.
Only an idiot would think so since Republicans did and do support it. Sorry that reality doesn't fit into your little dank intolerant hate filled universe.

Never said that Republicans didn't support it, all that was said is that the South went from Purple to deep red after the Civil Rights act.

It's not silly logic, it is fact. Once the Civil Rights act was passed, the South went deep red. Only an idiot would ignore it.
Only an idiot would think so since Republicans did and do support it. Sorry that reality doesn't fit into your little dank intolerant hate filled universe.
Never said that Republicans didn't support it, all that was said is that the South went from Purple to deep red after the Civil Rights act.
You hopped into an argument that the Democrats abandoned their party for Republicans because of the civil rights act. It's bullshit but thanks for the contribution.

‘They’ve lost an opportunity to show the American people that they care,’ one black lawmaker says.

Scores of U.S. lawmakers are converging on tiny Selma, Alabama, for a large commemoration of a civil rights anniversary. But their ranks don’t include a single member of House Republican leadership — a point that isn’t lost on congressional black leaders.

None of the top leaders — House Speaker John Boehner, Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy or Majority Whip Steve Scalise, who was once thought likely to attend to atone for reports that he once spoke before a white supremacist group — will be in Selma for the three-day event that commemorates the 1965 march and the violence that protesters faced at the hands of white police officers. A number of rank-and-file Republicans have been aggressively lobbying their colleagues to attend, and several black lawmakers concurred.

“It is very disappointing that not a single Republican leader sees the value in participating in this 50th commemoration of the signing of the Voting Rights Act. I had hoped that some of the leadership would attend, but apparently none of them will,” said Congressional Black Caucus Chairman G.K. Butterfield of North Carolina. “The Republicans always talk about trying to change their brand and be more appealing to minority folks and be in touch with the interests of African-Americans. This is very disappointing.”

Former CBC Chair Marsha Fudge (D-Ohio) agreed.

“Not only do they have an opportunity to participate in something that is historic in this country, but certainly they’ve lost an opportunity to show the American people that they care,” she said. “Their loss.”​

More: GOP leaders to skip Selma event - Anna Palmer and Lauren French - POLITICO

So, the new GOP is the same as the old GOP. Not surprised.

Law makers from the party that owned the slaves...and used nightsticks, fire hoses and police dogs on Martin Luther King are going to be there.......

The old GOP freed the slaves...and actually fought for the rights of free blacks against the democrats and their kkk enforcers....only after they realized blacks were going to vote...no matter how many times the democrats and their kkk enforcers hanged them, beat them and did everything else to stop them...and failed because of the Republicans fighting back....then they got on the band wagon.......

Everything the Dems do is designed to increase racial tensions. I would avoid it, too, because people will get nasty if they see non-liberals there. I'm sure race-baiter supreme, Al Sharpton, will be on hand to incite some anger.

Obama couldn't even join an international march against terrorism. Don't bother trying to pick on people for this one.

So it was democrats that made the Ferguson police send racist emails? They didn't create the racial tension, it was already there.

Those cops could be liberals for all we know. I know some liberals who are quite nasty to minorities. Some make the mistake of assuming that the left is truly about benevolence. They are wrong.

Racism is found in idiots and in politics. For some, it's just hate. For others, it's about power. I find the left far more racist because of their policies that treat minorities like complete morons incapable of doing the simplest thing. Where would those nanny government supporters be if minorities realized that the race baiting on the left is nothing but bullshit designed to chip away at their self esteem and doom them to a life of dependency?

Dems didn't want to free slaves and later they didn't want blacks to have equal rights. True story that cannot be spun to suit the current agenda of Dems.

It would have been inconceivable for those who risked their lives to cross that bridge that a black President would be commemorating their patriotic struggle

It would have been inconceivable for those who risked their lives to cross that bridge that a black President would be commemorating their patriotic struggle

It would be even more inconcievable if they knew he would be a proud member of the political party that owned slaves and beat those patriots when they crossed that bridge.....

Everything the Dems do is designed to increase racial tensions. I would avoid it, too, because people will get nasty if they see non-liberals there. I'm sure race-baiter supreme, Al Sharpton, will be on hand to incite some anger.

Obama couldn't even join an international march against terrorism. Don't bother trying to pick on people for this one.

So it was democrats that made the Ferguson police send racist emails? They didn't create the racial tension, it was already there.

Those cops could be liberals for all we know. I know some liberals who are quite nasty to minorities. Some make the mistake of assuming that the left is truly about benevolence. They are wrong.

Racism is found in idiots and in politics. For some, it's just hate. For others, it's about power. I find the left far more racist because of their policies that treat minorities like complete morons incapable of doing the simplest thing. Where would those nanny government supporters be if minorities realized that the race baiting on the left is nothing but bullshit designed to chip away at their self esteem and doom them to a life of dependency?

Dems didn't want to free slaves and later they didn't want blacks to have equal rights. True story that cannot be spun to suit the current agenda of Dems.

No matter how hard you try to spin the past - just look at the current political environment. Democrats evolved; Republicans devolved.

No matter how hard you try to spin the past - just look at the current political environment. Democrats evolved; Republicans devolved.

No...Republicans stayed true to their founding principal of not being racists...and true...democrats evolved...they decided that just enslaving blacks wasn't enough.....they decided to enslave all colors of people........

Law makers from the party that owned the slaves...and used nightsticks, fire hoses and police dogs on Martin Luther King are going to be there.......

The old GOP freed the slaves...and actually fought for the rights of free blacks against the democrats and their kkk enforcers....only after they realized blacks were going to vote...no matter how many times the democrats and their kkk enforcers hanged them, beat them and did everything else to stop them...and failed because of the Republicans fighting back....then they got on the band wagon.......

You're exactly right. Quotes from Dems at the time revealed their plan, which continues to this day. Once the Republican party freed the slaves, the left decided that they needed to use them to their advantage. While most of the newly freed people were ready to dive right in and become prosperous, the left immediately started race baiting and saying they shouldn't have to do anything and were entitled to reparations. It was a means of winning them over after years of fucking them over.

Nothing has changed. Of course, now the left tries to rewrite history to place blame elsewhere and, sadly, there are some stupid people who never opened a history book.

To this day, Republicans try to tell all people that they can succeed and they are not lesser people. The Dems say otherwise and are always looking for ways to undermine those who believe they can be independent. They teach children that they are entitled because they are victims.

Well, they are victims of a liberal agenda that seeks to use them to gain permanent power.

You're exactly right. Quotes from Dems at the time revealed their plan, which continues to this day. Once the Republican party freed the slaves, the left decided that they needed to use them to their advantage. While most of the newly freed people were ready to dive right in and become prosperous, the left immediately started race baiting and saying they shouldn't have to do anything and were entitled to reparations. It was a means of winning them over after years of fucking them over.

Nothing has changed. Of course, now the left tries to rewrite history to place blame elsewhere and, sadly, there are some stupid people who never opened a history book.

To this day, Republicans try to tell all people that they can succeed and they are not lesser people. The Dems say otherwise and are always looking for ways to undermine those who believe they can be independent. They teach children that they are entitled because they are victims.

Well, they are victims of a liberal agenda that seeks to use them to gain permanent power.

Great post.......

No...Republicans stayed true to their founding principal of not being racists...and true...democrats evolved...they decided that just enslaving blacks wasn't enough.....they decided to enslave all colors of people........

You're joking, right? You can't really be that retarded - can you...?

It would be even more inconcievable if they knew he would be a proud member of the political party that owned slaves and beat those patriots when they crossed that bridge.....

You are aware that most blacks were Democrats in 1965?

It was conservatives who beat them

Why do people vote? They vote according to their own personal interests. It ain't rocket science why blacks, LGBTs, Hispanics and poor people overwhelmingly vote Democrat. Why wouldn't they?

I know this is going to sound crazy to some, but many people don't "vote according to their own personal interests."

Many people vote according to what they feel is best for the country as a whole, knowing that what's good for the country is good for them.

Crazy, huh? Voting "according to your own personal interests" seems kind of selfish to me.

I know this is going to sound crazy to some, but many people don't "vote according to their own personal interests."

Many people vote according to what they feel is best for the country as a whole, knowing that what's good for the country is good for them.

Crazy, huh? Voting "according to your own personal interests" seems kind of selfish to me.

Should I vote according to YOUR personal self interests - or mine?

Should I vote according to YOUR personal self interests - or mine?
Again, those of the country. But that's just me.

So when you're choosing between Democrat candidates in a primary, your decision is based on, what, who will put more of someone else's money in your pocket? Who will make it so that the government gives you something? Is that how it works?

I've always liked that "...what you can do for your country..." line. Obviously that notion is not very popular now.

Forum List

Back