GOP leader told Obama ‘I cannot even stand to look at you’

Shocker!!!

dimocrap scumbags circle the wagons, go into full CYA, lie-your-ass-off mode

Surprise! Harry Reid Was Source For Durbin’s Debunked Claim Republican Told Obama “I Cannot Stand To Look At You”…

110628_reid_durbin_murray_ap_328-550x298.jpg

So unlike Harry Reid to tell a lie.

WASHINGTON — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) told his Democratic caucus last week in a private meeting that a top House Republican said to President Barack Obama, “I cannot even stand to look at you,” according to two Democratic senators who were present.

The account was confirmed by two Senate Democratic aides who said they independently learned of the exchange from other senators.

A White House official said Thursday that the administration did relay such a message to Reid, but that it was the result of a miscommunication.

“While the quote attributed to a Republican lawmaker in the House GOP meeting with the President is not accurate, there was a miscommunication when the White House read out that meeting to Senate Democrats, and we regret the misunderstanding,” the official said in a statement.

Asked to clarify, then, what the White House originally told Senate Democratic leaders about Obama’s meeting with House Republicans, the official said only, “Not going to read out the details of private meetings with the President, or private meetings between WH and Dem leaders.” :lmao:

The two senators who spoke to HuffPost did not hear the Republican make the remark, but said a top White House aide who was present later told Senate Democratic leaders that the lawmaker who made the remark was Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Texas), the chairman of the House Rules Committee.

- See more at: Weasel Zippers | Scouring the bowels of the internet | Weasel Zippers

Must defend the collective. Must defend the hive above all else. If we all stick together, they can't prove anything.

dimocraps are such lying scumbags and you're an idiot if you believe any of this shit

Reid later blamed it on "snorting way too much blow and botox"

Well? Did he or didn't a House Republican say that to Obama's face? A spokesman for Durbin says he did and that Senator Durbin stands by his comments. Talk about disrespect. Shameful!

White House denies GOP leader told Obama ?I cannot even stand to look at you? ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) - The White House Wednesday denied an accusation from a top Democratic Senator that a House Republican leader told President Barack Obama “I cannot even stand to look at you” during a recent White House meeting on the government shutdown.

:clap2:

So it's been debunked?

not surprising that it's false. It was entirely suspicious when Durbin wouldn't go on record about who supposedly said it.

Well? Did he or didn't a House Republican say that to Obama's face? A spokesman for Durbin says he did and that Senator Durbin stands by his comments. Talk about disrespect. Shameful!

White House denies GOP leader told Obama ?I cannot even stand to look at you? ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) - The White House Wednesday denied an accusation from a top Democratic Senator that a House Republican leader told President Barack Obama “I cannot even stand to look at you” during a recent White House meeting on the government shutdown.

Would only believe this if some GOP Congressman admits that he said that.

It came from Harry Reid. But it was somewhat believable because there are a lot of people who cannot stand to look at obama anymore.

It came from Harry Reid. But it was somewhat believable because there are a lot of people who cannot stand to look at obama anymore.

I didn't think it was the least bit believable.

Hey I saw some high ranking Democrat worshiping Hitler today. I wont tell you who, but yeah im totally credible there.

Harry basically thinks he can say just about anything he wants about Republicans and the main stream media will buy it. Hey, it's worked for five years...why would he think it wouldn't work now? I'm shocked the Obama Administration didn't play along.

Who cares?

When Republicans call him a tar baby, a boy, print the name and address and show pictures of the house where his children are staying, attack his wife, mother, half brother, aunts and uncles and grandparents, then clearly, they can't stand to look at him.

Who called him a tar baby?

Oh sh*t, I just fell for rdean's dishonest bait. My bad.

Yeah. Grayson's a winner.

Sorry to say some dumb fucks in my State elected that POS.

Imagine. Your an my tax dollar are supporting an idiot like him. Good Gawd.

Both parties have stupid people say stupid shit ALL THE TIME.

this difference is all of the republican party as a whole is made to pay the price when one of its members says something stupid. the democrats and the press demands every republican to denounce the words and all of them get hounded till they do. does Todd Akin jar your memory?

Now if a democrat says something stupid it gets swept under the rug hoping no one noticed .when that doesn't work the press and democrats make excuses and give a non-apology apology like "im sorry what I said offended any one" but doesn't actually apologize or take back what they said

I don't think Durbin would lie about that. I wonder who it was? Regardless of politics, one just doensn't say that to another human, let alone the potus. I mean I had a visceral desire to kick bushii in the nuts over Iraq, but that doesn't mean I'd do so or would be disrespectful in public.

Yeah. Grayson's a winner.

Sorry to say some dumb fucks in my State elected that POS.

Imagine. Your an my tax dollar are supporting an idiot like him. Good Gawd.

Both parties have stupid people say stupid shit ALL THE TIME.

this difference is all of the republican party as a whole is made to pay the price when one of its members says something stupid. the democrats and the press demands every republican to denounce the words and all of them get hounded till they do. does Todd Akin jar your memory?

Now if a democrat says something stupid it gets swept under the rug hoping no one noticed .when that doesn't work the press and democrats make excuses and give a non-apology apology like "im sorry what I said offended any one" but doesn't actually apologize or take back what they said

And the Republican party is made to pay the price for things other people made up about what they said.

I don't think Durbin would lie about that. I wonder who it was? Regardless of politics, one just doensn't say that to another human, let alone the potus. I mean I had a visceral desire to kick bushii in the nuts over Iraq, but that doesn't mean I'd do so or would be disrespectful in public.

Durbin wasn't there. People who were there said it didn't happen. Read the thread. The details of how it was debunked have been posted.

Durbin is a liar. This is what he posted.

Many Republicans searching for something to say in defense of the disastrous shutdown strategy will say President Obama just doesn’t try hard enough to communicate with Republicans. But in a “negotiation” meeting with the president, one GOP House Leader told the president: “I cannot even stand to look at you.”

What are the chances of an honest conversation with someone who has just said something so disrespectful?

Now if any of this had any truth to it he would have named the GOP leader that he claims made this remark.

But he didn't and do you know why?

Because it's a lie and if he singled any one out they would have kicked his teeth in.

Durbin is a liar. This is what he posted.

Many Republicans searching for something to say in defense of the disastrous shutdown strategy will say President Obama just doesn’t try hard enough to communicate with Republicans. But in a “negotiation” meeting with the president, one GOP House Leader told the president: “I cannot even stand to look at you.”

What are the chances of an honest conversation with someone who has just said something so disrespectful?

Now if any of this had any truth to it he would have named the GOP leader that he claims made this remark.

But he didn't and do you know why?

Because it's a lie and if he singled any one out they would have kicked his teeth in.

dimocraps lie. It's what they do.

The long, the tall, the short, the fat, the skinny, men, women, children, the sexually ambiguous, black, brown, white, people of indeterminate genetic origin, the elected, the unelected, the young, the old

dimocraps lie. It's what they do

The White House is calling this a "miscommunication" on their part. Basically, they told other Democrats that's what took place and now they're walking it back, leaving Durbin twisting in the wind because they know it never DID take place.

One more example of the Obama Administration's continued "bending" of the truth. Now they're refusing to release the transcript of that meeting...just another example of "the most transparent administration ever"!

Forum List

Back