GOP lawmakers argue to keep first cousin marriage legal.

The current law is that first cousins can marry. It's been the law all along. Why would anyone want to change that and put a restriction where there was none before? How big of a problem is first cousins marrying? Will existing Marriages be nullified?

This sounds like more democrat meddling in the lives of ordinary people.

Or for that matter, why not two heterosexual same sex individuals who marry just for the financial benefit of it?
I’ve thought about this scenario before. Two male business partners could get married as faggots just as a front in order to fraudulently gain tax breaks.
I think any homo marriage should require the homos involved to perform sex on each other in front of the marriage officials or else be denied their marriage license.

Until they ask the government to sanction the union you are mostly correct, but incest creates a human who can pass defective genes along to others that then must deal with the burden
Okay, does that mean we should be screening all babies and married couple to screen out undesirable traits? That’s kind of what you are saying

So your whole discrimination thing was just you talking thru your arse. OK.
No, you said heterosexual cousins must go through testing to insure they couldn’t produce offspring, but homosexual cousins wouldn’t.

Hey Norm: showing left wing absurdity since 2023.

Okay, does that mean we should be screening all babies and married couple to screen out undesirable traits? That’s kind of what you are saying
Nope, that’s an extreme to excuse the obvious.

Hey Norm don’t play silly games.

But then again, for discussion sake, would you advocate those tests being performed on same sex couples? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I’ve thought about this scenario before. Two male business partners could get married as faggots just as a front in order to fraudulently gain tax breaks.
I think any homo marriage should require the homos involved to perform sex on each other in front of the marriage officials or else be denied their marriage license.

They would not have to get married as homosexuals, the law does not mention sexuality. Just get married as two heterosexuals. Nothing illegal about it.

Nope, that’s an extreme to excuse the obvious.

Hey Norm don’t play silly games.

But then again, for discussion sake, would you advocate those tests being performed on same sex couples? 😂😂😂😂😂😂
I advocate the government staying out of people’s personal lives.

Tax law stipulates married filing jointly, not unmarried filing jointly. Otherwise there’d be no limitation on the number who could file jointly.
What does that have to do with anything?

Marriage is simply between two consenting adults, not too closely related.

Sexuality no longer comes into play unless you think we have different titles for marriage. 🤷‍♂️

I advocate the government staying out of people’s personal lives.
Me too, unless that means allowing government sanction incest, which is a crime against humanity, and as such, the government should be involved, and create institutions that prevent that from happening, which was what the license had been for.

Me too, unless that means allowing government sanction incest, which is a crime against humanity, and as such, the government should be involved, and create institutions that prevent that from happening, which was what the license had been for.

Lolol. Historically first cousin marriage is normal for Jewish people and others. Look it up.

Turns out the main proponent's grandparents were first cousins, lol.

Gotta love Appalachia.

What is clear, is that no opinion in the Talmud forbids marriage to a cousin or a sister's daughter (a class of niece), and it even commends marriage to the latter – the closer relation of the two.
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia › wiki
Jewish views on incest - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back