GOP Lawmaker Wants To End Higher Education To ‘Save America’ From Liberals

It's really very simple. Conservatives consider education to be science, math, engineering, and computers. Liberals consider education to be feelings, social consciousness, and political correctness. Naturally, they're going to think anyone emphasizing STEM at the expense of feelings is trying to destroy "education".

Conservatives want kids to graduate from college with careers that can pay off student loans. Liberals want the loans to just be forgotten.
Liberals want college to be affordable to all regardless of economic status.

So do conservatives. Conservatives, though, believe non-college options should be emphasized for those who do not flourish in a classroom setting. You should not have to take on 4 years of sitting in a classroom to earn a living.

It's really very simple. Conservatives consider education to be science, math, engineering, and computers. Liberals consider education to be feelings, social consciousness, and political correctness. Naturally, they're going to think anyone emphasizing STEM at the expense of feelings is trying to destroy "education".

Conservatives want kids to graduate from college with careers that can pay off student loans. Liberals want the loans to just be forgotten.

So do conservatives. Conservatives, though, believe non-college options should be emphasized for those who do not flourish in a classroom setting. You should not have to take on 4 years of sitting in a classroom to earn a living.

I don't know anyone who is against non-college options, like trade schools.

But the OP is talking about shutting down higher education.

I don't know anyone who is against non-college options, like trade schools.

But the OP is talking about shutting down higher education.

I didn't say anyone was against non-college options. What they are is contemptuous about those options. They mock those options and try to make the case that a 4 year degree is the only way to succeed. That needs to stop.

Higher education needs a drastic overhaul to become a viable option for more. The political indoctrination does need to stop.

Oh my God. Every Democratic educational plan also includes technical training and junior colleges partnering with business for apprenticeships.

There are no Republican plans except to figure out more ways to squeeze money out of students trying to earn a living.

In fact, Republicans see trump university as a model for schools.

I also believe that college is not for everyone . That is not the same as deriding higher education as a liberal breeding ground

Tennessee lawmaker Kerry Roberts calls for removal of higher education | TribLIVE.com
NASHVILLE — A Republican Tennessee lawmaker says he supports getting rid of higher education because he argues it would cut off the “liberal breeding ground.”

They should remove it , this has been nothing but a Gov. scam from day one.
The idea does bear some merit as what they call education these days isn't necessarly education but lately resembles brain washing, dumbing down and social engineering.

I also believe that college is not for everyone . That is not the same as deriding higher education as a liberal breeding ground

You don’t think there is any particular political leaning on most American University campuses today?

You don’t think there is any particular political leaning on most American University campuses today?
I have not been on a campus for a while now. I read about both conservative and liberal forces at play but I don't know what is predominant. I would guess that there is a liberal leaning since education and progressive, secular , humanist values correlate.

Oh my God. Every Democratic educational plan also includes technical training and junior colleges partnering with business for apprenticeships.

There are no Republican plans except to figure out more ways to squeeze money out of students trying to earn a living.

In fact, Republicans see trump university as a model for schools.

Quote one saying so. Then demonstrate that even a majority of them so believe. Or just admit you have no clue.

When the majority of college professors and administrators identify as liberals and democrats (but I repeat myself), and conservative speakers are routinely prevented from speaking on campus, and students are accommodated when they get the vapors after seeing Trump's name written in chalk on the sidewalk, there are liberal breeding grounds. Pretending they don't exist because you agree with them isn't credible.

When the majority of college professors and administrators identify as liberals and democrats (but I repeat myself), and conservative speakers are routinely prevented from speaking on campus, and students are accommodated when they get the vapors after seeing Trump's name written in chalk on the sidewalk, there are liberal breeding grounds. Pretending they don't exist because you agree with them isn't credible.

Colleges have always been this way.

However, many appear to becoming more intolerant.

I already said that I agree that colleges and universities tend to be liberal, because smart people go there. Liberalism, progressivism and secularism correlate with education and it is a good thing.

Regarding who they allow to speak on campus, I don't necessarily agree with barring far right speakers like Milo. We should not drive them underground where they will morph into more dangerous and virulent strains of craziness . Give them the flood and let them show the world who they are and what they represent. All decent people , and most educated people will be repulsed. Show them the light of day and they will perish like a vampire at first light. It's happening to Milo right now. He has been shut down and is bitching that he can't put food on the table. Starve bitch!

I already said that I agree that colleges and universities tend to be liberal, because smart people go there. Liberalism, progressivism and secularism correlate with education and it is a good thing.

Regarding who they allow to speak on campus, I don't necessarily agree with barring far right speakers like Milo. We should not drive them underground where they will morph into more dangerous and virulent strains of craziness . Give them the flood and let them show the world who they are and what they represent. All decent people , and most educated people will be repulsed. Show them the light of day and they will perish like a vampire at first light. It's happening to Milo right now. He has been shut down and is bitching that he can't put food on the table. Starve bitch!

He was driven underground when it was revealed that, being homosexual, he had a checkered sexual past.

Somehow, that was a shock to some people.

Your justification of the discrimination in education, shows that you are a petty tyrant.

He was driven underground when it was revealed that, being homosexual, he had a checkered sexual past.

Your justification of the discrimination in education, shows that you are a petty tyrant.
He was driven underground because he is a hateful fascist and a hypocrite . And when the fuck did I advocate for discrimination in education. ? It's apparent that you are unable to grasp what I wrote.

He was driven underground because he is a hateful fascist and a hypocrite . And when the fuck did I advocate for discrimination in education. ? It's apparent that you are unable to grasp what I wrote.

Oh, so you admit that all the talk about his sexual past was just an excuse? THanks.

After all, we all know that homosexuals by their nature, are gong to have sordid sexual pasts, so when the lib activists managed to dig up something sexual on him, and ginned up a media buzz about it,

we both knew that was just an excuse.

So, to recap, as we both agree, Milo was a massively popular speaker, and then was silenced for his political views.

That is "barring far right speakers". Something you just said you dont' support.

SO that was a lie.

You said you don't support it, because you WANT their views seen and thus discredited.

But we have established that you are lying. So the opposite of that would be that you want them silenced, because you fear that if people actually get to hear them,

that they will find their views and ideas far more reasonable than yours.

And when you support the idea that an industry that obviously is hostile to people of a certain group, and just happens to not hire people of that group, and you celebrate that that other group is not included?

YOu are supporting discrimination.

D'uh.

Oh, so you admit that all the talk about his sexual past was just an excuse? THanks.

After all, we all know that homosexuals by their nature, are gong to have sordid sexual pasts, so when the lib activists managed to dig up something sexual on him, and ginned up a media buzz about it,

So, to recap, as we both agree, Milo was a massively popular speaker, and then was silenced for his political views.

That is "barring far right speakers". Something you just said you dont' support.

SO that was a lie.

You said you don't support it, because you WANT their views seen and thus discredited.

But we have established that you are lying. So the opposite of that would be that you want them silenced, because you fear that if people actually get to hear them,

And when you support the idea that an industry that obviously is hostile to people of a certain group, and just happens to not hire people of that group, and you celebrate that that other group is not included?

D'uh.
th
gish-gallop-2.png

SO that was a lie.

D'uh.
th
gish-gallop-2.png

1. You admitted that he was silenced for his politics.

2. Your support of that, contradicts your claim that you do not support silencing those on the right.

3. Then I looked at your other claims, based on your previous lies, and evaluated them accordingly.

That is three points, hardly a flood. And really, 1, and 2, are really one point, your admission contradicting your stated position on silencing.

And I challenge you to point out which of them are lies, or have flaws.

SO that was a lie.

D'uh.
th
gish-gallop-2.png

1. You admitted that he was silenced for his politics.

2. Your support of that, contradicts your claim that you do not support silencing those on the right.

3. Then I looked at your other claims, based on your previous lies, and evaluated them accordingly.

That is three points, hardly a flood. And really, 1, and 2, are really one point, your admission contradicting your stated position on silencing.

And I challenge you to point out which of them are lies, or have flaws.
Oh don't think the Left doesn't support Speech Codes and silencing dissent. They favor both in a very big way. They are not Constitutionalists, they are Totalitarians and the Constitution prevents them from getting the ability to micromanage others, which is why they hate the constitution.

THERE IS NO FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT TO MOCK — OH, WAIT: Cal Poly investigates Instagram photo ‘mocking’ illegal immigrants. Not only is the university powerless to stop students from mocking illegal immigrants, even investigating students who do so is a First Amendment violation.

Forum List

Back