GOP Lawmaker Wants To End Higher Education To ‘Save America’ From Liberals

I agree . Today's colleges REFUSE to allow opposing thoughts, thus no critical thinking occurrs.

Please provide examples of such refusals that might provide backup for your generalizations, and not just examples of a person who was allowed to speak and then had the content of his or her speech criticized.

Look up Ben Shapiro and a host of other right wingers who are prevented from speaking on college campuses all over the country, or listen to the number of comedians who will no longer do shows on colleges.

Only a brain dead moron would take your position.

Here Are The Six Campuses Hosting Ben Shapiro This Spring | Young America's Foundation
Ben Shapiro rejects speaking invitation from Grand Canyon University

I don't feel like wasting my time doing any more. Also, anything that the speaker says that just criticizes and blames other groups of people is going to get blow-back from members of the groups he or she blames. No surprise. All the right-winger speakers tend to do is blame some other group rather than offering any real content. Women are to blame, LGBTs are to blame, blacks are to blame, atheists are to blame. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

why are you lefties so against free speech??

Ummmm, that would be you sweetcheeks.

ME???

READ UR OWN INDOCTRINATIONS you learned it all from the start of grade K

upload_2019-9-10_8-53-10.png

http://deliberatedumbingdown.com/ddd/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/DDDoA.pdf

Some will never learn no matter waht's put in front of them

Another milestone on my journey was an in-service training session entitled “Innovations in Education.” A retired teacher, who understood what was happening in education, paid for me to attend. This training program developed by Professor Ronald Havelock of the University of Michigan and funded by the United States Office of Education taught teachers and administrators how to “sneak in” controversial methods of teaching and “innovative” programs. These controversial, “innovative” programs included health education, sex education, drug and alcohol education, death education, critical thinking education, etc. Since then I have always found it interesting that the controversial school programs are the only ones that have the word “education” attached to them! I don’t recall—until recently—”math ed.,” “reading ed.,” “history ed.,” or “science ed.” A good rule of thumb for teachers, parents

Actually, right now it is the greatest enemy of freedom. Brainwashed kids are great for tyrannical governments, but struggle in free societies.

And uneducated people struggle in every society.

I agree. It's a shame that higher education is producing uneducated drones. Vocational training leads to better paying jobs without a huge debt load and no indoctrination.

No it doesn’t.

Facts say otherwise.

If you also believe that Trump had the biggest inauguration crowd or Dorian was threatening Alabama maybe.

CareerOneStop

Now, present the average debt each of those careers entail. How much their insurance costs, and all of the other operating costs.

I have many friends who are surgeons and doctors, and the majority of them don't want their kids going into the field.

Please provide examples of such refusals that might provide backup for your generalizations, and not just examples of a person who was allowed to speak and then had the content of his or her speech criticized.

Look up Ben Shapiro and a host of other right wingers who are prevented from speaking on college campuses all over the country, or listen to the number of comedians who will no longer do shows on colleges.

Here Are The Six Campuses Hosting Ben Shapiro This Spring | Young America's Foundation

I don't feel like wasting my time doing any more. Also, anything that the speaker says that just criticizes and blames other groups of people is going to get blow-back from members of the groups he or she blames. No surprise. All the right-winger speakers tend to do is blame some other group rather than offering any real content. Women are to blame, LGBTs are to blame, blacks are to blame, atheists are to blame. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Ummmm, that would be you sweetcheeks.

ME???

No, not you..lysistrata

I agree that vocational school is great for some people, but to advocate vocational school to replace higher education is stupid. There can be no rational discussion that would include such a premise.

When higher education is churning out degrees that have no value, yes, the discussion needs to take place.

I see kids all over Reno working jobs that will never pay enough to pay off their student debt.

That is criminal. Far better for those degrees to have never been created.

So, you do not believe in personal responsibility? When did you become a liberal?

I've always been a classical liberal. Kids today are propagandized so the don't know what the value of the education they are given is.

The colleges are guilty of educational malfeasance.

Do you have a college degree (or, did you ever attend a U. or 4-year college)?

I have a PhD from Caltech, why do you ask?

Because of your response to higher ed. What is your degree in?

I agree. It's a shame that higher education is producing uneducated drones. Vocational training leads to better paying jobs without a huge debt load and no indoctrination.

No it doesn’t.

Facts say otherwise.

If you also believe that Trump had the biggest inauguration crowd or Dorian was threatening Alabama maybe.

CareerOneStop

Now, present the average debt each of those careers entail. How much their insurance costs, and all of the other operating costs.

I have many friends who are surgeons and doctors, and the majority of them don't want their kids going into the field.

You said vocational training leads to better paying jobs. C’mon, be serious. That is wrong. The average student debt is something like $25k, yet the average pay of a bachelor degree over a high school diploma is $15-20k per year.

Your argument is ideological, not empirical, and isn’t serious.

Tennessee lawmaker Kerry Roberts calls for removal of higher education | TribLIVE.com
NASHVILLE — A Republican Tennessee lawmaker says he supports getting rid of higher education because he argues it would cut off the “liberal breeding ground.”

They should remove it , this has been nothing but a Gov. scam from day one.

Cut the private loose from government strings
blow the Marxist lefty professors out of sU's & cu's or at least put them on a leash

less gender studies more balance
no politicizing engineering 101
and absolutely get rid of affirmative action
I agree they need a very tight leash.

Tennessee lawmaker Kerry Roberts calls for removal of higher education | TribLIVE.com
NASHVILLE — A Republican Tennessee lawmaker says he supports getting rid of higher education because he argues it would cut off the “liberal breeding ground.”

Education is the greatest enemy of modern American conservatism. So not surprised.

Actually, right now it is the greatest enemy of freedom. Brainwashed kids are great for tyrannical governments, but struggle in free societies.

Not even a good lie. Anti-Intellectualism is the greatest threat to humanity. Want to see a brainwashed fool? Look in a mirror.

I can't , you're crowding everyone else out. However, you are correct about the anti intellectualism. So why do you support colleges not allowing right wongetscto lecture on campuses?

Better to look at the profs who are employed at CAL. The CA St. Police and Berkeley Police asked the U. to cancel the appearance of a couple of firebrand agitators. Anyone who has walked on Telegraph Ave knows there is a set of anarchists and street people who will see any opportunity to destroy property and steal anything which is not locked down. Student protesters do not wear masks.

Education is the greatest enemy of modern American conservatism. So not surprised.

Not even a good lie. Anti-Intellectualism is the greatest threat to humanity. Want to see a brainwashed fool? Look in a mirror.

I can't , you're crowding everyone else out. However, you are correct about the anti intellectualism. So why do you support colleges not allowing right wongetscto lecture on campuses?

Better to look at the profs who are employed at CAL. The CA St. Police and Berkeley Police asked the U. to cancel the appearance of a couple of firebrand agitators. Anyone who has walked on Telegraph Ave knows there is a set of anarchists and street people who will see any opportunity to destroy property and steal anything which is not locked down. Student protesters do not wear masks.

That particular meme was debunked well over a year ago.

No it doesn’t.

Facts say otherwise.

CareerOneStop

We both went to Public Universities. in the late 60's and early 70's the costs to attend CAL were nominal, especially since I lived at home before and after I went on AD. Books today are outrageous, my son has a math degree and his math textbooks were all $100.00 +.

No it doesn’t.

Facts say otherwise.

CareerOneStop

We both went to Public Universities. in the late 60's and early 70's the costs to attend CAL were nominal, especially since I lived at home before and after I went on AD. Books today are outrageous, my son has a math degree and his math textbooks were all $100.00 +.

I agree with you on the costs, but why are tuition costs rising faster than inflation and the cost of living?

Books are indeed outrageous. One of the many scams in academia.

The other huge problem is the amount of admin vs academics. Far too many admin, and, in many instances there is outright hostility between the admin and teaching staff.

No it doesn’t.

Facts say otherwise.

CareerOneStop

"I have many friends who are surgeons and doctors, and the majority of them don't want their kids going into the field."
The Democrats threw out the Hippocratic Oath and replaced it with a threat to take away physician licenses to anyone who refused to do abortions on women who decided she had to have one because she didn't want to be inconvenienced by a child or refused to euthanize a patient who doesn't die quick enough to make room for others.

I know some doctors who were so offended by Democrats shitting all over their religious beliefs they simply retired after their first million, which didn't take long.

That doesn't hold a candle to what they did to nurses. I actually was in a hospice room with a dying man recently, and the RN in charge was saying out loud where the patient could hear her "Why doesn't he just hurry up and DIE!!!!! She was really pissed off he didn't just kick the bucket on the spot so she could go home instead of comforting him. The man heard every word and epithet she said. Needless to say, the air was blue. I left in shock.

Used to nurses were trained to care and comfort the patient-client. But with hatred and atheism being burnt into all scholarly souls including nurses, all bedside manners have disappeared, and the result can be shocking to people whose parents brought them up in polite society of kinder, gentler times.

So what do the hospitals do? They run ads in India, Pakistan, Iran, and Saudi Arabia, for the price of removing the crosses from the chapels in the hospital built by Methodists, Baptists, Presbyterians, and Episcopalians, removing large signs with church names on them and replacing them with small, etched logos on them that do not include crosses, or Davidian stars. The upside for the left is that elderly people die quicker when the doctors don't know what they're saying, and their names can be quickly diverted to voting all democrat. /very bad attitude on account of having a very ugly scene thrown in my face that evening.

Last edited:

No it doesn’t.

Facts say otherwise.

CareerOneStop

Toro: "I have many friends who are surgeons and doctors, and the majority of them don't want their kids going into the field."
The Democrats threw out the Hippocratic Oath and replaced it with a threat to take away physician licenses to anyone who refused to do abortions on women who decided she had to have one because she didn't want to be inconvenienced by a child or refused to euthanize a patient who doesn't die quick enough to make room for others.

I know some doctors who were so offended by Democrats shitting all over their religious beliefs they simply retired after their first million, which didn't take long.

That doesn't hold a candle to what they did to nurses. I actually was in a hospice room with a dying man recently, and the RN in charge was saying out loud where the patient could hear her "Why doesn't he just hurry up and DIE!!!!! She was really pissed off he didn't just kick the bucket on the spot so she could go home instead of comforting him. The man heard every word and epithet she said. Needless to say, the air was blue. I left in shock.

Used to nurses were trained to care and comfort the patient-client. But with hatred and atheism being burnt into all scholarly souls including nurses, all bedside manners have disappeared, and the result can be shocking to people whose parents brought them up in polite society of kinder, gentler times.

So what do the hospitals do? They run ads in India, Pakistan, Iran, and Saudi Arabia, for the price of removing the crosses from the chapels in the hospital built by Methodists, Baptists, Presbyterians, and Episcopalians, removing large signs with church names on them and replacing them with small, etched logos on them that do not include crosses, or Davidian stars. The upside for the left is that elderly people die quicker when the doctors don't know what they're saying, and their names can be quickly diverted to voting all democrat. /very bad attitude on account of having a very ugly scene thrown in my face that evening.

There's a lot of fact in that.

Challenging students to defend their beliefs is a major part of developing students' critical-thinking skills. It's not an "attack." If a person cannot support his or her views with reasoning, maybe this person should re-think them. If you go into law or journalism, or many other fields, you have got to learn to defend yourself. No responsible court in the land is going to allow an attorney to answer a question with a simple statement of "well, because . . ." without any follow-up.

The Socratic Method | University of Chicago Law School

This ancient teaching method is not just used in law schools. It's used all over and has been since ancient times. This little idiot at this trump rally is pledging to "stand up" for his beliefs. But apparently he cannot defend them because he doesn't know how to cope with being asked questions.

When I got my degree in history, I not only had to pass written comps, I had to stand before a panel of history professors, including one that was a Catholic monsignor and another who went on to become president of one of the Seven Sisters, and answer any question that was put to me.

I think that this kid can't take the heat, but wants to stay in the kitchen.
I agree . Today's colleges REFUSE to allow opposing thoughts, thus no critical thinking occurrs.

I'm not a "lefty." I'm politically moderate. But why whine about "free speech" when these scumbags do get to speak? Nobody is stuffing rags into their mouths. They get to play their blame game. People do have the right to respond to speech they find offensive by speaking up themselves. If a speaker comes to my area who has a record of blaming others and trying to incite us to hate our neighbors, I have the right to show up with a protest sign and tell him that he's full of shit.

No it doesn’t.

Facts say otherwise.

CareerOneStop

You said vocational training leads to better paying jobs. C’mon, be serious. That is wrong. The average student debt is something like $25k, yet the average pay of a bachelor degree over a high school diploma is $15-20k per year.

Your argument is ideological, not empirical, and isn’t serious.
You're wrong. Unions are very specific that working weekends is double pay, holidays triple, and the college grad is on a fixed salary. Vocational training has its friend, and management obliges when they join a union. My husband was the boss's boss, and guys in the union on the ground floor made more than he did with a degree and professional status at the end of the year, because the older guys wanted the younger guys with kids to get the overtime, and regular time was nothing to sneeze at. All the union guys had full-time vacation homes, cabins, boats, the works. We scrimped and put our money in the American stock market, and did all our own household tasks with no outside help. I made all our childrens' school clothes on my sewing machine. Nobody knew.

Last edited:
That's the dumbest thing have read all week.
so your OK with doctors having just a general education degree??

Do medical schools accept students with a general education degree?
what does a medical school teach??

So you admit your "so your (you're) OK with doctors having just a general education degree?" was a stupid question?

misquoting me doesnt help your POV

and correcting a brain fart makes it worse

How did I misquote you?

Why did educators bring high costs for students???

Why??

Outrageous insane greed by professors

The crooked educators works hard for taxpayers to give big loans and scholarships for worthless degrees

This is simple insane greed

And a time when education costs should have come way down because of the lower cost of the internet and computers

90% of teaching jobs should be gone because new inventions can have a teacher to teach 100 times more students

This is simply outrageous greed and then crooked faculty not explaining that conservatism is better than liberalism

The fact that a 18 yr old voter votes more conservative as they learn with experience is the proof that conservatism is better than liberalism ... this not explained proves educators today are a total fraud !

Forum List

Back