GOP has it right..Dems ARE stupid!

Don't applaud too fast naturegirl...I'll still be pro-union even if the improbable happens(Publicly funded elections). Insofar as workers having the right to organize and negotiate labor contracts. Just not to peddle influence in Washington or any State Capitol.

Until we get all of the money out of the lobbyists hands, we won't see much of anything being done.
Both parties have become the representatives of lobby not the people .
We the people have to start demanding that congress start writing bills to reform the lobbyists corruption. And make sure that there is no loop holes for any of them.
NO MORE MONEY must be exchanged by any lobbyists.
That's going to be the hardest thing to get rid of because they will use the Constitution for there protection.
No where does the Constitution say that lobbyists can exchange money to congress critters.

Perhaps we need an amendment.

OK...OK Obama will most likely get re-elected but it will mean nothing because the Dems have no apparent strategy to retake the House and build on their majority in the Senate.

I have seen NOTHING on this MB about the races that should matter the most to the Dems which are the ones that will make their hopey changy thingy a reality. I E...CONGRESSIONAL races.

Who do you Dems support to take back the House and build super majority in the Senate?

You do realise nothing will ever get done if you don't do the hard work of giving your precious Obama a congress he can work with RIGHT????

Absent voter fraud, he wont get reelected.

Wishful thinking is not based in reality. Change the channel once in a while... just for perspective's sake.

It is what it is, there was plenty of it in 2008, and is the biggest reason the Obama justice department is trying to prevent states from implementing ID laws right now. Riddle me this, if you have to have an ID for SSI or welfare or to drive, why would the Justice department have an issue with people having one to vote? The obama justice department I might add. They rely heavily on voter fraud "Acorn, etc" is why.

Don't applaud too fast naturegirl...I'll still be pro-union even if the improbable happens(Publicly funded elections). Insofar as workers having the right to organize and negotiate labor contracts. Just not to peddle influence in Washington or any State Capitol.

I believe Unions should have the right to organize and negotiate labor contracts, just not in the public sector. I have no problem with that private sector unions. However I do understand higher wages and more benefits equal higher priced goods.

I believe like most Americans, we're not all that far apart. I think we are all sick of the corruption and buying of politicians. Well, all of us but them and their corporate and/or union cronies.

I believe Unions should have the right to organize and negotiate labor contracts, just not in the public sector. I have no problem with that private sector unions. However I do understand higher wages and more benefits equal higher priced goods.

I believe like most Americans, we're not all that far apart. I think we are all sick of the corruption and buying of politicians. Well, all of us but them and their corporate and/or union cronies.

So... in the public sector, what's to stop the "taxpayers" demanding that Public employees get treated like dirt and get paid minimum wage? furthermore, just because the Private Sector decided they don't want to pay properly and provide benefits to their employees anymore so they can suck up tons more in profits... why should Public Employees get hosed too? Public Employee wages and benefits are actually where private sector wages and benefits SHOULD be. But thanks to union busting attitudes and resulting actions/legislation, it's become a race to the bottom. Sorry if I don't want to jump in that race.

OK...OK Obama will most likely get re-elected but it will mean nothing because the Dems have no apparent strategy to retake the House and build on their majority in the Senate.

I have seen NOTHING on this MB about the races that should matter the most to the Dems which are the ones that will make their hopey changy thingy a reality. I E...CONGRESSIONAL races.

Who do you Dems support to take back the House and build super majority in the Senate?

You do realise nothing will ever get done if you don't do the hard work of giving your precious Obama a congress he can work with RIGHT????

Thats supposing that Barry wants to work with Congress. His leadership is sadly lacking in that department. He ain't much of a leader.

Don't get much cooperation when you keep telling the other side that you won and they need to get in the back of the bus and STFU.

I agree that the Congressional races are whats important in 2012 and whoever wins those will be in the drivers seat.

the republican congress have voted against their own bills that they have written and sponsered because Obama said he likes them.

The obstruction tactics the republicans in congress have used are unprecidented.

How dishonest do you have to be to say the guy you REFUSE to work with is the obstruction?

Please tell me what opposite party ever wanted to work with the President. Many did...but no opposite party wants to make it easy for a P{resident to push his own agenda.

It is the role of the President to be a leader and get the opposite party to work with him.

You fell for the rhetoric..."they wont play with me"

That is what makes being President difficult.

Afterall....how hard is it to push your agenda when everyone in congress agrees with everything you want to do?

Yep...Obama knew there were folks like you that would "pity" him and the fact that the big boys wouldnt play with him.

So... in the public sector, what's to stop the "taxpayers" demanding that Public employees get treated like dirt and get paid minimum wage? furthermore, just because the Private Sector decided they don't want to pay properly and provide benefits to their employees anymore so they can suck up tons more in profits... why should Public Employees get hosed too? Public Employee wages and benefits are actually where private sector wages and benefits SHOULD be. But thanks to union busting attitudes and resulting actions/legislation, it's become a race to the bottom. Sorry if I don't want to jump in that race.

There are laws in place that protect public workers. Public Employees wages are paid by, who would have guessed, the public. Every time they negotiate a higher wage and more benefits, it costs the taxpayer more. Public Employees don't make anything, they don't create more jobs, they shouldn't make more than their private counterparts.

The dems often forget, Congress is made up of two parts. Right now one has more Republican members, the other has more Democrat members. The balance of power came into effect when Bill Clinton was in office. A Dem Pres with a Republican controlled Congress, both bodies.

With that said, the best hope America has is to return to a balance like Clinton had. But only if the President realizes he's not the most powerful person in Washington, but that those powers are evenly distributed across all three branches, Legislative, Executive and Judicial.

Your lies dont fly.

Your party voted against its own bills simply because Obama said he would support the bill.

The American people have seen your party in action and dont much like what you did.

Debt ceiling messes for political power and the like.

Would you like to point out what I lied about?? Are you disputing Congress is made up of two chambers and Bill Clinton had a Republican Congress?? Perhaps you're disputing that Republicans control one Chamber and the Dems control the other. Or are you disputing that no branch of our government has more power than the other.

I'd really like to see you prove I lied about anything.

I'm still waiting for the proof that I lied about anything. :patientlysittingreadingotherthreads:

There are laws in place that protect public workers. Public Employees wages are paid by, who would have guessed, the public. Every time they negotiate a higher wage and more benefits, it costs the taxpayer more. Public Employees don't make anything, they don't create more jobs, they shouldn't make more than their private counterparts.

Nahh... we don't make roads, take criminals off the street, prosecute them and keep them incarcerated, we don't help take care of our mentally ill or developmentally disabled, we don't put out fires or keep our food supply safe, or any of the other myriad of things that make the private sectors' life better. Plus, our wages don't stimulate the economy(thereby creating jobs) by buying stuff....our wages also don't go back into the tax coffers...thereby helping to pay for our own salaries.

So.... let's see. Our wages not only help the private sector by consumption... but we also pay part of our own salary through taxation.... hmmm... yep... we're the scum of the Earth.

Have you looked at Congress' approval ratings lately? Let me clue you in on something... It's not Dems the people of this country are sick of, it's the extremist ideology of the right trying to "make Obama a one-term president" by stonewalling and/or tying tying bullshit ideological legislation in with needed legislation so that Dems in Congress back away from it. That way they can throw their hands up in the air and say "the Dems aren't compromising with us".

I think the right are going to find this out come November that they are causing their own demise.

I could be wrong... But I don't think I am.

Horseshit. "Congress" consists of two houses: The HoR and the Senate. Dems run the Senate. No one is buying this squeeze that voters put all the blame on the Republicans in the HoR.

Nahh... we don't make roads, take criminals off the street, prosecute them and keep them incarcerated, we don't help take care of our mentally ill or developmentally disabled, we don't put out fires or keep our food supply safe, or any of the other myriad of things that make the private sectors' life better. Plus, our wages don't stimulate the economy(thereby creating jobs) by buying stuff....our wages also don't go back into the tax coffers...thereby helping to pay for our own salaries.

So.... let's see. Our wages not only help the private sector by consumption... but we also pay part of our own salary through taxation.... hmmm... yep... we're the scum of the Earth.

All of those things you mention could be done well and more efficiently by the private sector. I appreciate our fire fighters and LEO but I assure you they are not paid well. In fact the secretary in Joe Biden's office probably makes more than most LEO. The unions aren't helping them so much are they? Why not?? Because they aren't on a politician's payroll??

Have you looked at Congress' approval ratings lately? Let me clue you in on something... It's not Dems the people of this country are sick of, it's the extremist ideology of the right trying to "make Obama a one-term president" by stonewalling and/or tying tying bullshit ideological legislation in with needed legislation so that Dems in Congress back away from it. That way they can throw their hands up in the air and say "the Dems aren't compromising with us".

I think the right are going to find this out come November that they are causing their own demise.

oh bullshit.....i cant find anyone outside of the far right and left who think Congress is worth a dam.....and those on the far right and left think just what you are saying....."its the other side,not my side the Country is sick of".......if anyone may get a wake up call it just may be the far right and left...hopefully......but as we all know.....the same assholes will get re-elected......and as far as this statement goes.....
stonewalling and/or tying tying bullshit ideological legislation in with needed legislation so that Dems in Congress back away from it.

if thats the way the Democrats are.....then perhaps they should be fired and replaced with people with some balls.....

Last edited:

All of those things you mention could be done well and more efficiently by the private sector. I appreciate our fire fighters and LEO but I assure you they are not paid well. In fact the secretary in Joe Biden's office probably makes more than most LEO. The unions aren't helping them so much are they? Why not?? Because they aren't on a politician's payroll??

Neither are most public sector workers. You see, the problem is that numbers get skewed and the same thing can be done in the private sector. Take Wal-Mart for instance. I'd be willing to bet if you took everyone's salary from the CEO on down to the new line worker and averaged it, the average pay would be hyperinflated to make it look like a stockboy makes $50k/year. That's what they do with the Public Sector. They take everyone's salary, from the Governor on down, and average it so it looks much worse than it is.

It's dishonest as hell.

Interesting that you had to spin what naturgirl said to make your point.
She clearly said you deserve no more than your private sector counterparts.
Yet you see it as being treated as the "scum of the earth" if you get equal compensation to the private secotr.

So then I guess you see the private sector employees as the scum of the earth?
And you should be treated as superior?

Interesting.

Yet you see it as being treated as the "scum of the earth" if you get equal compensation to the private secotr.

Interesting.

Not at all... Private sector employees should be fighting for better wages instead of voting themselves out of jobs by voting for the GOP who have been the driving force behind union busting, outsourcing and most of the Corporate Pandering that has been screwing us blind.

Interesting.

Not at all... Private sector employees should be fighting for better wages instead of voting themselves out of jobs by voting for the GOP who have been the driving force behind union busting, outsourcing and most of the Corporate Pandering that has been screwing us blind.

based on what you said.....and I respect your posts.....

and I dont feel this way....

But....

Americans are the most selfish, self centered people in the world.

Look around you. Americans, on the most part, live very comfortable lives. It is not a question of cell phones..it is a question of how many. Not a question of TV's...a question of how many. Not a question of AC...a question of central or window units...not a question of a refrigerator...a question of does it have an ice maker.

Yet, according to you....we deserve more.

I disagree.

The dems often forget, Congress is made up of two parts. Right now one has more Republican members, the other has more Democrat members. The balance of power came into effect when Bill Clinton was in office. A Dem Pres with a Republican controlled Congress, both bodies.

With that said, the best hope America has is to return to a balance like Clinton had. But only if the President realizes he's not the most powerful person in Washington, but that those powers are evenly distributed across all three branches, Legislative, Executive and Judicial.

Your lies dont fly.

Your party voted against its own bills simply because Obama said he would support the bill.

The American people have seen your party in action and dont much like what you did.

You're posting like America had a love affair with the democrat controlled congress. If this was the case, just how the hell was there a shellacking in the last election?

Your lies dont fly.

You're posting like America had a love affair with the democrat controlled congress. If this was the case, just how the hell was there a shellacking in the last election?

that doesnt count.
The GOP cheated in the 2010 election.
Everyone knows it.
Just ask Truthmatters. She will tell you. It is fact.

Interesting.

based on what you said.....and I respect your posts.....

and I dont feel this way....

But....

Americans are the most selfish, self centered people in the world.

Look around you. Americans, on the most part, live very comfortable lives. It is not a question of cell phones..it is a question of how many. Not a question of TV's...a question of how many. Not a question of AC...a question of central or window units...not a question of a refrigerator...a question of does it have an ice maker.

Yet, according to you....we deserve more.

I disagree.

Well... I do agree that we are very self centered. But that's our culture, isn't it? Materialism has been our mainstay and the means of our economic success over most of the last century. We are bombarded with Ads and Marketing to buy more. We treat successful people like they are demigods. Money, power and fame gives one INSTANT Credibility.... it matters not what those people stand for... it doesn't matter if that person is worthy or not.

The GOP platform is one that wants to perpetuate that. That the wealthy and the powerful are more important than the masses who live in obscurity. I disagree with that.

Like I said, I do agree that we are spoiled. But I don't think the answer is to remove wealth from the everyday people "for their own good" and hand it over to the most powerful and most capable.

BTW.... what's wrong with China, India and all those other countries competing directly, instead of having our country subsidizing them at our expense? I mean.. your side hates Communism and Socialism... but yet you seem to have no problem with our Corporations not only supporting those agendas... but actually strengthening them economically.

Or is it the United States role to play "World Welfare" now? I'm not talking about humanitarian aid, I am talking about actually subsidizing other countries' economies.

Forum List

Back