GOP Governor: "Obamacare here to stay....

I know it pains many on the far right to see all those poor people who have suffered for years without adequate health care to finally have access to good HC services. It is just......Un-Republican!

Okay, so you are "going to get screwed." Really....you think you are huh? How much has you rates risen in the last few years? You realize that your rates have ALWAYS risen, right?

Whine on....

Maybe a dollar or two, and I didn't have to jump through hoops to get access to the better plans. This is all cost control measures brought on by Obamacare, next I will probably have to pay 1.25 to 1.5 times my previous cost due to any surcharges on Cadillac Plans.

"Probably" sounds like lot to worry about.....I am "probably" going to die some day in my sleep, like many of the men in my family. But I don't know if it will happen and I don't dwell on it.

Okay, so you are "going to get screwed." Really....you think you are huh? How much has you rates risen in the last few years? You realize that your rates have ALWAYS risen, right?

Whine on....

Maybe a dollar or two, and I didn't have to jump through hoops to get access to the better plans. This is all cost control measures brought on by Obamacare, next I will probably have to pay 1.25 to 1.5 times my previous cost due to any surcharges on Cadillac Plans.

"Probably" sounds like lot to worry about.....I am "probably" going to die some day in my sleep, like many of the men in my family. But I don't know if it will happen and I don't dwell on it.

well then shut the hell up about OScamCare. We the rest of US will worry about if we want it OR NOT. Being a useful tool is not becoming

Last edited:

Whine on....

The plans come out next week. I'll report what happens, and the proceed to shove said results down your virtual throat and make you choke on them.

Well they needed a STUDY to figure this shit out. run out of other peoples MONIES and guess what happens? DUPED

SNIP:
HHS-Funded Study: Obamacare Will Suffer ‘Death Spiral’ If Subsidies Fail
12:02 AM 10/21/2014

Sarah Hurtubise

The Obama administration has funded a new study by top consulting firm RAND Health that startlingly finds that if taxpayer subsidies are eliminated, Obamacare exchanges will fall into a “death spiral.”
The study comes in the wake of a number of lawsuits which are challenging the Obama administration’s implementation of Obamacare subsidies. Three lawsuits have made it to U.S. Circuit Courts, just one step from the Supreme Court, arguing that the text of the Affordable Care Act allows premium subsidies for state-run exchanges only.
The report was sponsored by HHS’s Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation, which, among other duties, compiles the enrollment statistics each month during open enrollment for Obamacare exchanges. Given the ongoing controversy over Obamacare subsidies, HHS sponsoring the study could be a sign that the administration is beginning to worry about its prospects.

The administration’s motivations aside, the key finding from the report belies HHS’s pro-Obamacare position. Eliminating premium subsidies entirely would “cause large declines in enrollment and substantial increases in premiums,” RAND Health concluded. In short — Americans are far less likely to want Obamacare coverage, or to be able to afford it, when taxpayers aren’t footing the bill.

“In scenarios in which the tax credits are eliminated, our model predicts a near ‘death spiral,’ with very sharp premium increases and drastic declines in individual market enrollment,” the study concluded.

Obamacare supporters will tout that well-intentioned premium subsidies are working. But if the health-care law can’t survive without taxpayers supporting Obamacare enrollees, the point remains that the Affordable Care Act is failing in its promise to control the actual cost of health care and health insurance.

RAND found that without the ACA’s subsidies, the cost of premiums will rise by 43.3 percent and Obamacare enrollment will fall by a whopping 68 percent. That would mean 11.3 million more Americans would be uninsured.

“Low-risk individuals of any age may need a tax credit to incentivize them to sign up,” the study concluded, in what may seem common sense to the health-care law’s conservative opposition. “As a result, premium tax credits encourage the enrollment of low-risk individuals, who improve the risk pool and bring down premiums.”

In short, if someone doesn’t feel they need pricey health insurance, the study found, they probably won’t buy it — unless there are hefty taxpayer subsidies lowering their bottom line, or an individual mandate issuing a significant penalty on those who fail to sign up for coverage.

ALL of it here:
HHS-Funded Study Obamacare Death Spiral If Subsidies Fail The Daily Caller

And govt program needing subsidies will succeed if the govt underwrites them or fail if the govt fails to underwrite them.

Duh!

Forum List

Back