GOP favorable rating lowest in a decade

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
And the conclusion...""If Congress continues to be unpopular, it will give Republicans a message to use against those Democrats," adds Rothenberg.

Odds of Congress becoming MORE popular? Not statistically important. Let's just say it approaches zero.

And the conclusion...""If Congress continues to be unpopular, it will give Republicans a message to use against those Democrats," adds Rothenberg.

Odds of Congress becoming MORE popular? Not statistically important. Let's just say it approaches zero.

That's the problem in a nutshell. Whichever party wins thinks that the people support their moronic policies. The people keep voting the bums out, and they are replaced with a new set of bums. ad infinitum.... 3rd parties get nowhere..... I'm trying to think back to the last competent president...and I keep drawing a blank. Reagan comes closest, but he lost it in his second term. Maybe 2012....

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - CNN Poll: GOP favorable rating lowest in a decade « - Blogs from CNN.com

The Republican Party's favorable rating among Americans is at lowest level in at least a decade, according to a new national poll. Thirty-six percent of people questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Friday say they have a favorable opinion of the Republican Party, with 54 percent viewing the GOP negatively.

check this out ravi

73% of GOP Voters Say Congressional Republicans Have Lost Touch With Their Base - Rasmussen Reports™

looks like the citizens who claim to be republicans feel as if the representatives who claim the same are actually not republican.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - CNN Poll: GOP favorable rating lowest in a decade « - Blogs from CNN.com[/url]

The Republican Party's favorable rating among Americans is at lowest level in at least a decade, according to a new national poll. Thirty-six percent of people questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Friday say they have a favorable opinion of the Republican Party, with 54 percent viewing the GOP negatively.

Which party let "big business" run amok? IMHO it was the GOP.
Which party passed the "American Jobs Creation Act" that gave a tax break to outsource jobs? Yep, the GOP.

Until the GOP gets its head on straight, the dems will hammer them on jobs.

You guys just do not get it. Who cares if they are not popular. The fact of the matter is incumbents get relected. It does not matter if they are stupid, corrupt, or dead. THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE STILL VOTE FOR THEM!!!!!!!

So quit the bitching and join the crowd. Keep the things the way they are. Vote for your incumbent. That way you will be with the in crowd.

And this is not sarcasm. This is the plain, gospel truth.

36% Favorable rating??

And these are the guys planning on a 2010 comeback?
The Grand Old Party is now just the Old Party....soon to be a distant memory

36% Favorable rating??

And these are the guys planning on a 2010 comeback?
The Grand Old Party is now just the Old Party....soon to be a distant memory

Wrong. The 90% of them (and the Democrats) who are not retiring or quitting wil get re-elected. So it will be the same GOP (and Democrats) as it is now. I am amazed all all you experts who do not realize that my politician, my teacher, my company, my whatever, is the best. It is yours who are screwing up. So I, and the majority of the population, will vote for our incumbents. It is up to you to fix your politicians. Mine are just fine.

Let's just put it all into context, you might be proud of your majority in Congress, Ravi. But, it appears you would be in the minority. From your own poll

6. Do you approve or disapprove of the way Congress is handling its job? (ASKED OF HALF
SAMPLE. RESULTS BASED ON 540 INTERVIEWS IN VERSION A. SAMPLING ERROR:
+/- 4 PERCENTAGE POINTS.)
Oct. 16-18 ......Apr. 3-5...... Feb. 7-8
2009* ..........2009 .............2009*
Approve 29% 35% .............29%
Disapprove 69% 63% ..........71%
No opinion 2% 2%................. *

Last edited:
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - CNN Poll: GOP favorable rating lowest in a decade « - Blogs from CNN.com

check this out ravi

73% of GOP Voters Say Congressional Republicans Have Lost Touch With Their Base - Rasmussen Reports™

looks like the citizens who claim to be republicans feel as if the representatives who claim the same are actually not republican.

Yea...and the representatives insist on kicking out those who do not toe the party line

Yea...and the representatives insist on kicking out those who do not toe the party line

Isn't that some serious irony, the very representatives whom conservative americans don't consider to be representing their values are telling others what the "party line" is. Thats just priceless.

I think the Reps and Dems have a big surprise coming to them in 2010.

check this out ravi

Isn't that some serious irony, the very representatives whom conservative americans don't consider to be representing their values are telling others what the "party line" is. Thats just priceless.

I agree with you Pilgrim
Alot will depend on the shape of the economy in 2010

Peace in the Middle East -- Check ('cept for that nuclear Iran thingy)
Restore the US economy--Check (Saved or created 2 million jobs or unemployment would be 11% instead of 10)
Restore US economy- Part II-- Check (well, OK so everyone is abandoning the US Dollar)
Restore US economy- Part III-- Check (well, OK, so we lose our AAA credit rating)

Says who the state run MEDIA or the DNC. whats the differance? They know is happening and this is how they are coping with what is happening, The people eyes are opening of what Obama is. and what is going to happen in the 2010 election!!!! The people are going to vote these losers out and the moderates with them if they viote their way!!!!

Says who the state run MEDIA or the DNC. whats the differance? They know is happening and this is how they are coping with what is happening, The people eyes are opening of what Obama is. and what is going to happen in the 2010 election!!!! The people are going to vote these losers out and the moderates with them if they viote their way!!!!

LOL....Then why do the republicans have a stink'n 36% approval

Looks like the GOP will get an ass whoop'n in 2010 once again

Haven't they learned anything?

I agree with you Pilgrim
Alot will depend on the shape of the economy in 2010

Have you seen the stimulus spending schedule? It ramps up siginifigantly just after the new year and right up past the election cycle, progressively increasing each month.

I have a feeling things may not be as bad as they are now.

How's that Stimulus Plan working out for you?

You mean the plan that ALL republicans voted against?

Is that why the have a 36% Approval rating??

It might have more to do with the 29% approval rating for Congress....don't ya think???? Geeze you act like the democrats are a prize.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back