GOP Expands Obamacare!

edthecynic

Censored for Cynicism
Oct 20, 2008
dr.jpg

The GOP’s cooperated with Democrats to make it easier for people to get coverage under O-Care.

How many on the Right heard this?
Be honest.

I did hear the House passed the Medicare Doc fix and attempted to make it permanent.

dr.jpg

The GOP’s cooperated with Democrats to make it easier for people to get coverage under O-Care.

Be honest.

I haven't heard this, and based on all the news reports, it's not true.

The GOP governors of quite a few states (Texas is one of them) have refused the Medicare expansion (which wouldn't cost them anything for a while), which means that the GOP is actually working to limit the ACA.

I hope that the Democrat wins the governorship this year, because then she could accept the Medicare expansion and help a lot of uninsured Texans get covered.

I head the bill was for holding up a froty worked intead all the million of part time and to force a company tO cut JOBS so tue can pay the employer mandates and we the middle class will be out jobs empose a 30 work week, which will send a family of four into the poor hous and will have to chose to feeding thier families ofor payig a fine so the feds can suck more money from the mddle class to beeld them dry, that's their grear lia how ALL PEOPLE WILL HAE SKIN IN GAME

THAT WAS THE BIGGEST joke played on US, EVER

Last edited:
I head the bill was for holding up a froty worked intead all the million of part time and to force a company tO cut JOBS so tue can pay the employer mandates and we the middle class will be out jobs empose a 30 work week, which will send a family of four into the poor hous and will have to chose to feeding thier families ofor payig a fine so the feds can suck more money from the mddle class to beeld them dry, that's their grear lia how ALL PEOPLE WILL HAE SKIN IN GAME THAT WAS THE BIGGEST joke played on US, EVER

Come on, Stephanie, tell us how you feel

I did hear the House passed the Medicare Doc fix and attempted to make it permanent.

Yeah, I watch the debate and the vote. Would have been a great bill if the House Republicans and not tacked on an Obamacare repeal. I think it was attempt number 49. Democrats were pissed since months of work had been put into the mechanics of the Doc fix. Everything was going great until the Republican turned it into an Obamacare repeal practically the night before. Great to rule the House, great to fuck over the country.

Well what do you know? I just happen to have a video from that exact debate.

[ame=http://youtu.be/PDPQgd4AODk]4015 Pascrell - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah, I watch the debate and the vote. Would have been a great bill if the House Republicans and not tacked on an Obamacare repeal. I think it was attempt number 49. Democrats were pissed since months of work had been put into the mechanics of the Doc fix. Everything was going great until the Republican turned it into an Obamacare repeal practically the night before. Great to rule the House, great to fuck over the country.

a repeal, huh...

SEC. 10. DELAY IN IMPLEMENTATION OF PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH
INDIVIDUAL HEALTH INSURANCE MANDATE.

(a) In General.--Section 5000A(c) of the Internal Revenue Code of
1986 is amended by adding at the end the following new paragraph:
``(5) Delay in implementation of penalty.--Notwithstanding
any other provision of this subsection, the monthly penalty
amount with respect to any taxpayer for any month beginning
before January 1, 2019, shall be zero.''.
(b) Delay of Certain Phase Ins and Indexing.--
(1) Phase in of percentage of income limitation.--Section
5000A(c)(2)(B) of such Code is amended--
(A) by striking ``2014'' in clause (i) and
inserting ``2019'', and
(B) by striking ``2015'' in clauses (ii) and (iii)
and inserting ``2020''.
(2) Phase in of applicable dollar amount.--Section
5000A(c)(3)(B) of such Code is amended--
(A) by striking ``2014'' and inserting ``2019'',
and
(B) by striking ``2015'' (before amendment by
subparagraph (A)) and inserting ``2020''.
(3) Indexing of applicable dollar amount.--Section
5000A(c)(3)(D) of such Code is amended--
(A) by striking ``2016'' in the matter preceding
clause (i) and inserting ``2021'', and
(B) by striking ``2015'' in clause (ii) and
inserting ``2020''.
(4) Indexing of exemption based on household income.--
Section 5000A(e)(1)(D) of such Code is amended--
(A) by striking ``2014'' (before amendment by
subparagraph (B)) and inserting ``2019'', and
(B) by striking ``2013'' and inserting ``2018''.
(c) Effective Date.--The amendments made by this section shall
apply to months beginning after December 31, 2013.

Passed the House of Representatives March 14, 2014.

Text - H.R.4015 - 113th Congress (2013-2014): SGR Repeal and Medicare Provider Payment Modernization Act of 2014 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

So, I guess I have a few questions.

Why is it fine with some people that individuals must adhere to the mandate of ACA but for business the mandate time line has been pushed back more than once?

If the mandate were to be delayed for one, it should have been delayed for all. Wouldn't that have been the fair thing to do?

It's not a repeal, it's a reprieve for the Individual Mandate, to set the ACA on even ground for all citizens.

Now...hmmmm, what DID Harry Reid do with that HR???

Last edited:
This was a part of that Doc fix House bill that was quietly passed by a voice vote to protect the GOP from the Tea Bag Brotherhood voters who would be pissed that the GOP did ANYTHING that makes Obamacare better. But there was no attempt to make the Doc fix permanent by the GOP, only the Dems.

dr.jpg

Be honest.

The GOP governors of quite a few states (Texas is one of them) have refused the Medicare expansion (which wouldn't cost them anything for a while), which means that the GOP is actually working to limit the ACA.

I hope that the Democrat wins the governorship this year, because then she could accept the Medicare expansion and help a lot of uninsured Texans get covered.
It is true, but this is not related to the expansion of Medicaid.

It was quietly added to the Doc fix bill by the GOP and voted on by voice vote without any debate. Everything the GOP pretends to oppose doing and everything they condemn the Dems for doing!!!

I am trying to gauge just how successful the GOP were at keeping this from their voters who would have a shit fit if they knew the GOP were trying to make Obamacare better and using the same tactics the GOP accused the Dems of using to pass Obamacare in the first place.

dr.jpg

Be honest.

It is true, but this is not related to the expansion of Medicaid.

It was quietly added to the Doc fix bill by the GOP and voted on by voice vote without any debate. Everything the GOP pretends to oppose doing and everything they condemn the Dems for doing!!!

I am trying to gauge just how successful the GOP were at keeping this from their voters who would have a shit fit if they knew the GOP were trying to make Obamacare better and using the same tactics the GOP accused the Dems of using to pass Obamacare in the first place.

You're right................I heard about this on Rachel Maddow (before I posted this post), and found out that the GOP had actually done something to actually HELP the ACA be better by doing a voice vote and passing this legislation that has to do with small businesses.

I kinda find it interesting that before people signed up for the ACA and didn't know what it was all about, they were supporting the Republicans in their pursuit of repealing the ACA (Obamacare).

Now? It seems that there are a lot of people who like the ACA (Obamacare), because now they have actually had to deal with it in signing up, and the Republicans are no longer talking about repeal or defunding, but rather about fixing and replacing.

Seems interesting that even though the GOP has been against the ACA for the past 4 years, many of them are now starting to (begrudgingly) support it, or at least want to make it work.

a repeal, huh...

inserting ``2019'', and
and inserting ``2020''.
and
inserting ``2020''.

Text - H.R.4015 - 113th Congress (2013-2014): SGR Repeal and Medicare Provider Payment Modernization Act of 2014 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

Why is it fine with some people that individuals must adhere to the mandate of ACA but for business the mandate time line has been pushed back more than once?

If the mandate were to be delayed for one, it should have been delayed for all. Wouldn't that have been the fair thing to do?

It's not a repeal, it's a reprieve for the Individual Mandate, to set the ACA on even ground for all citizens.

That sure is some pretty impressive nonsense you got there. Now for the rest of the story. Here is some more video from the debate. It actually starts with blustery speech from Rep. Kelly (R-PA). That guy is annoying like no one else in the House. Glad I won't have to listen to him in the 114th. Rep. Pallone (D-NJ) at 4:00 gives a good description of what is going on here. 51st repeal attempt actually. 8:00 Rep. Green explains some more. Rep. Ellmers (R-NC) give a nice Republican point of view which should be shared with all. The video closes with Rep. Blumenauer (D-OR) giving a most excellent speech.

So when it gets right down to it Republicans care more about political points that they do about America. 51 attempts to repeal or disable the ACA also means 51 pieces of legislation that were passed the the Republican House majority that might have benefited this country otherwise. You still respect your Republican House majority now?

[ame=http://youtu.be/A2iTxn8lMgE]4015 ReMix - YouTube[/ame]

a repeal, huh...

inserting ``2019'', and
and inserting ``2020''.
and
inserting ``2020''.

That sure is some pretty impressive nonsense you got there.

So when it gets right down to it Republicans care more about political points that [sic] they do about America. 51[sic] attempts to repeal or disable the ACA also means 51 pieces of legislation that were passed the [sic]the Republican House majority that might have benefited this country otherwise. You still respect your Republican House majority now?

Nonsense? :lmao:

I will not watch a bunch of sound bites when I can go to the actual bill and read the text.

But let's try this on for size:

"So when it gets right down to it Democrats care more about political points than they do about America" because Democrats refuse to treat every American the same exact way. Democrats care more about winning elections than helping the uninsured. This is evidenced by the mere fact that Democrats have changed the ACA 38 times.

See how that works?

Why didn't you answer the questions I asked?

I bolded them for you. :eusa_angel:

This was a part of that Doc fix House bill that was quietly passed by a voice vote to protect the GOP from the Tea Bag Brotherhood voters who would be pissed that the GOP did ANYTHING that makes Obamacare better. But there was no attempt to make the Doc fix permanent by the GOP, only the Dems.

Link?

Well, since this is giving all you lib/democrat sheep orgasms

You can now go out and vote Republican

I pray they take the Senate, you will see THE PEOPLE calling for an all out REPEAL of this fascist pos, Osamcare

that the people didn't want it in the first place...And it was passed against the people's wishes with a Partisan Democrat party ONLY voted it in

THE PEOPLE will finally have a voice with Republicans holding the senate and house

Get out and vote these PROGRESSIVES out of office folks and give the Senate and house to Republican...they can step on that party (as they did with OScamcare) and like they have done us

Last edited:
a repeal, huh...

inserting ``2019'', and
and inserting ``2020''.
and
inserting ``2020''.

That sure is some pretty impressive nonsense you got there.

So when it gets right down to it Republicans care more about political points that [sic] they do about America. 51[sic] attempts to repeal or disable the ACA also means 51 pieces of legislation that were passed the [sic]the Republican House majority that might have benefited this country otherwise. You still respect your Republican House majority now?

Nonsense? :lmao:

I will not watch a bunch of sound bites when I can go to the actual bill and read the text.

But let's try this on for size:

"So when it gets right down to it Democrats care more about political points than they do about America" because Democrats refuse to treat every American the same exact way. Democrats care more about winning elections than helping the uninsured. This is evidenced by the mere fact that Democrats have changed the ACA 38 times.

See how that works?

Why didn't you answer the questions I asked?

I bolded them for you. :eusa_angel:

Actually, the Republicans care more about political points. Why else do you think that the GOP has reduced everything to the level of a bumper sticker?

Additionally, the GOP seems to think that those who have a lot of money deserve to have more free speech than the rest of us. Sorry, but corporations are NOT people.

Oh yeah...................wanna talk about the failure of the GOP for over 50 times when they tried to get rid of, defund, or whatever they thought would work, in getting rid of the ACA?

Me? I like it. I now have health care under the VA because of the ACA.

I head the bill was for holding up a froty worked intead all the million of part time and to force a company tO cut JOBS so tue can pay the employer mandates and we the middle class will be out jobs empose a 30 work week, which will send a family of four into the poor hous and will have to chose to feeding thier families ofor payig a fine so the feds can suck more money from the mddle class to beeld them dry, that's their grear lia how ALL PEOPLE WILL HAE SKIN IN GAME

THAT WAS THE BIGGEST joke played on US, EVER

You off your meds again?

Forum List

Back