GOP Don't Support the Troops - Another SillyBooBoo Lie

SeaBoob, as entertaining as you can be, at some point I get concerned when I see you purposely humiliating yourself, as you have with this thread. Please consider stopping by your local mental health agency.

House Republicans are preparing to vote en bloc against the $106 billion war-spending bill, a position once unthinkable for the party that characterized the money as support for the troops.

For years, Republicans portrayed the bills funding the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as matters of national security and accused Democrats who voted against them of voting against the troops.

In 2005, Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) went so far as to say sending troops into battle and not paying for it would be an “immoral thing to do.” And just last year, more House Republicans voted for the war supplemental bill than did Democrats, who opposed the legislation because it did little to wind down the military effort in Iraq.

But Republicans say this year is different. Democrats have included a $5 billion increase for the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to help aid nations affected by the global financial crisis. Republicans say that is reason enough to vote against the entire $106 billion spending bill and are certain voters will understand.

But wait!!!

This is Boehner in 1998:

That wasn't Boehner's tune in 1998, when the Clinton administration requested $18 billion in IMF funding to ameliorate the effects of the Asian financial crisis.

"I have been as critical about the IMF as many, but given the crisis we have around the world, the U.S. needs to provide leadership," the Ohio Republican told the [Newark, N.J.] Star Ledger in Oct. 1998. "The only real avenue is the IMF."

His comments were in keeping with the rest of the House GOP leadership at the time, including then-Speaker Newt Gingrich, who said the U.S. had "an obligation to work with" the fund.

Boehner backed IMF funding in '98 - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com

And how much garbage was in Bush's "supplimental war bills"? Shall we look? We know that 75% went to private contractors and only 25% went to the troops, and we also know the troops were under funded under Bush.

Now a small percentage of the bill is going to the IMF and the GOP have the balls to not fund the troops? Fine! We'll use this against them in 2010.

For the record, I agree with the GOP to not fund these bullshit wars. Its just their hypocricy that makes me sick!!!

Read your own link, moron. The GOP opposes the IMF pork attached to the funding, so your thread title is once again, just more partisan lying from you.

Yea, they always have an excuse why they vote against the troops. Only a fool would believe them. McCain & the GOP voted against the troops 80% and Obama/Webb/The Dems voted for the troops 80% of the time.

Even when McCain voted against the vets last year, Bush went on tv and gave him credit. That should be all the proof you need that they are scandalous liars and you are a sucker.

PS. I told you George Bush broke the military. Do you know how they are holding it together? We now have 100,000 soldiers in the military who have psychological or criminal problems. I heard that on tv last night. It was a show about don't ask don't tell. So we have qualified gay people who can speak arabic that can't join because of you homophobes but we can let criminals and crazies in?

It was only 8000 in 2006. What happened? Remember you were talking shit about how the army wasn't broken? Are you sure you served? Because you seem to have a very ignorant view of the military and how things are going. Everytime I mention a problem, you deny it. Maybe you're one of those phony soldiers Rush was talking about. :lol:

http://www.parapundit.com/archives/004074.html

Last edited:
SeaBoob, as entertaining as you can be, at some point I get concerned when I see you purposely humiliating yourself, as you have with this thread. Please consider stopping by your local mental health agency.

You got something that backs up your position that the GOP does support the troops? Voting records, anything? Anything you find will be bullshit/spin/lies. Just like McCain LIED when he said he got a good grade from veteran groups.

McCain's record against the troops

John McCain's record of voting AGAINST our troops, page 1

OpenSecrets | Troops Deployed Abroad Give 6:1 to Obama - Capital Eye

Even the real troops understand this. Only retired/retarded soldiers who are brainwashed argue with me. Are you another phony soldier?

John McCain voted against funding the troops because of . . . a timeline in it to draw down American troops."

PolitiFact | Statements on Iraq

Sen. McCain was already turning his sights to Iraq just days after 9/11, and he became a leading supporter of an invasion and occupation of (Iraq)."

True

You got something that backs up your position that the GOP does support the troops? Voting records, anything? Anything you find will be bullshit/spin/lies. Just like McCain LIED when he said he got a good grade from veteran groups.

Even the real troops understand this. Only retired/retarded soldiers who are brainwashed argue with me. Are you another phony soldier?

John McCain voted against funding the troops because of . . . a timeline in it to draw down American troops."

Sen. McCain was already turning his sights to Iraq just days after 9/11, and he became a leading supporter of an invasion and occupation of (Iraq)."

True

SeaBoob ............. did you even read the words of mine which you quoted?

My position is that your are a raving idiot and you just proved it by quoting one thing and then ranting about something else. Your nuts, off the hook, out of control, .........:cuckoo:...... lol

By the way SeaBoob, since when does John McCain make up the entire GOP?

Whew ............. go back to sleep!

True

SeaBoob ............. did you even read the words of mine which you quoted?

My position is that your are a raving idiot and you just proved it by quoting one thing and then ranting about something else. Your nuts, off the hook, out of control, .........:cuckoo:...... lol

Off the hook is a good thing.

By the way SeaBoob, since when does John McCain make up the entire GOP?

Whew ............. go back to sleep!

If you had a link that proved me wrong, you would have posted it. Now get back to work. That dick isn't going to suck itself.

I need a link to prove that McCain doesn't make up the GOP?

Hmmm ............ as for getting back to work, thank you, at least I can not only find mine, but reach it.

Forum List

Back