GOP debate tonight fantastic--very STRONG candidates

All I can say is compared to last year things are looking pretty good for the Reps. Now, the only guy I really like is Ron Paul but as an independent looking at this I'd say Obama is def in trouble. This ain't no McCain/Palin ticket made to lose.

I still don't like Mitt and Cain is losing ground, oh well.

Everyone of these people did a good job last night.

The only thing I saw wrong was the ideas.

They are proffering the very same historically failed ideas that got us into this mess in the first place.

They are all pushing too far right to win a general election.

Liberals and the left wing media have been telling us that this field of GOP candidates are weak--no one is interested in them--yada--yada--yada.

If you watched the debate on CNN tonight--June 13, 2011--the message could not be clearer. This entire field is STRONG. In fact the strongest I have seen in decades. Not a John McCain in the bunch--LOL. Every one of them had several home runs--they were articulate--gave direct answers--and are more than ready to take Barack Obama and his policies on.

In fact--after listening to them speak--any one of these candidates would cut through Barack Obama like a hot knife through butter. Why? Because they made SENSE. On the economy--on Jobs--and on the Deficit.

Michelle Bachmann announced that she is running for POTUS tonight during the debate--and she was great. Ron Paul got a lot of applause--he did great. Newt Gingrich--when everyone thought he was done--is not done. Of course Mitt Romney--Palenty--Herman Cain--and Santorim.

It was so good--I still don't have a favorite. I am going to have to watch several more debates before I can come to any conclusion.

Did any of you watch it?

I watched it. Other than Ron Paul I heard an echo: "Cut taxes, cut regulations, it's all Obama's fault"

No candidate offered anything more than that, except for Ron Paul.

[The most telling comment cut Romeny to the bone when Ron Paul interjected: I don't do what the generals want, I'm the CIC, I tell them what to do]

Ron Paul is an iconoclast and is a threat to two of the legs of Bachmann's 'three legged stool" as well as "bleeding heart Democrats" who I mostly identify with. Given that Paul differentiates himself from the other empty suits and actually offers ideas and policy concepts, he won the debate hands down, IMO.

As a moderate, I didn't get anything from the GOP candidates that would change my mind on how I'll vote. Currently, the GOP is too far right and too married to Corporate America for my vote. I have already made up my mind that I'm not voting for Obama. So it'll be third party for me.

You've gotta give Romney credit for finesse. He attacks Obama full on, but in certain places he makes an important move to get moderates. "Obama didn't start the recession, but he prolonged it." That's an attempt to seem reasonable,

I thought it was interesting that Newt tried to create a meme with his references, over and over, to the "Obama Depression".

Rick Perry is radioactive. I'd love him to run.

His traitorous secessionist stance is a true winner.

Another tard who thinks secession is treason...don't you morons read the constitution? Obviously not.

"Treason shall consist only in levying war against the United States ..." (Art. 3, Sec. 3, clause 1).

"traitorous" defined in dictionary. com:

"having the character of a traitor; treacherous; perfidious."

Suggesting secession as an alternative as it seemed Perry did to enflame those still fighting our Civil War is traitorous. The firing on Federal Troops as ordered by P.G.T. Beauregard on April 12, 1861 was in fact treason. As the action taken by the State of SC that morning was in support of secession it is not a leap to suggest those today who support nullification of Federal Law and secession are taitorous, though not traitors.

Lol. So any country that declares war on the U.S is committing treason? Secession is not treason because secession in its self does not mean war. The north forced war on the south by continuing to send troops and supplies to a sovereign country. The states joined the union voluntarily and can leave if they so choose...

Yeah. Secession isn't some..."hey, no worries. We can agree to disagree. You go your way, I'll go mine." kind of thing. The last one led to war. It's treasonous to call for secession.

Liberals and the left wing media have been telling us that this field of GOP candidates are weak--no one is interested in them--yada--yada--yada.

If you watched the debate on CNN tonight--June 13, 2011--the message could not be clearer. This entire field is STRONG. In fact the strongest I have seen in decades. Not a John McCain in the bunch--LOL. Every one of them had several home runs--they were articulate--gave direct answers--and are more than ready to take Barack Obama and his policies on.

In fact--after listening to them speak--any one of these candidates would cut through Barack Obama like a hot knife through butter. Why? Because they made SENSE. On the economy--on Jobs--and on the Deficit.

Michelle Bachmann announced that she is running for POTUS tonight during the debate--and she was great. Ron Paul got a lot of applause--he did great. Newt Gingrich--when everyone thought he was done--is not done. Of course Mitt Romney--Palenty--Herman Cain--and Santorim.

It was so good--I still don't have a favorite. I am going to have to watch several more debates before I can come to any conclusion.

Did any of you watch it?

I watched it. Other than Ron Paul I heard an echo: "Cut taxes, cut regulations, it's all Obama's fault"

No candidate offered anything more than that, except for Ron Paul.

[The most telling comment cut Romeny to the bone when Ron Paul interjected: I don't do what the generals want, I'm the CIC, I tell them what to do]

Ron Paul is an iconoclast and is a threat to two of the legs of Bachmann's 'three legged stool" as well as "bleeding heart Democrats" who I mostly identify with. Given that Paul differentiates himself from the other empty suits and actually offers ideas and policy concepts, he won the debate hands down, IMO.

You liked it better when everyone was saying "It's all Bush's fault." didn't ya moron?

:lmao::laugh2::anj_stfu::blowup::ahole-1:

Here's the deal.

He's talking about secession..like it's an option.

The interview should have gone like:

Interviewer: What's your views on secession?
Perry: It's absolute nonsense.

End of story.

Secession is an option. When the people have no voice in government.

There is even a precident...the American Colonies seceded from England over having no voice in government...and their secession was also illegal and traitorous...and out of that illegal and traitorous act, the United States of America was born.

We certainly aren't there yet, but it is just as certainly possible that we could get there.

Then why the heck are you arguing with me about this? That's the position held by Perry and many conservatives.

This is the position held by anyone who venerates the Founding Fathers or celebrates the Fourth of July.

I saw the debate.... No one brought anything new to the table. Just the standard republican repeal everything obama, more tax cuts for the rich, and less regulation so corporations can further screw us. Same crap different toilet.

Just how do corporations screw YOU, please explain that to me.

By creating jobs they make it harder to live off the public welfare system. Damn corporations. You should not have to work to make money for stockholders when you can stay home and tax the evil rich ans share the wealth. It's the economy stupid, we want to use our fair share now, without work. Damn, I sound like a Democrat. The Evil Rich, The Evil Rich, The Evil Rich, It's All Their Fault Tax'um
, It's the Democratic Way.

All I can say is compared to last year things are looking pretty good for the Reps. Now, the only guy I really like is Ron Paul but as an independent looking at this I'd say Obama is def in trouble. This ain't no McCain/Palin ticket made to lose.

I still don't like Mitt and Cain is losing ground, oh well.

It's too bad that all the potential GOP tickets are weaker than McCain/Palin

Lol. So any country that declares war on the U.S is committing treason? Secession is not treason because secession in its self does not mean war. The north forced war on the south by continuing to send troops and supplies to a sovereign country. The states joined the union voluntarily and can leave if they so choose...

Secession is pure and simple treason against your country the treasonous south attacked the US Garrison at Ft Sumter

There are no provisions for states to leave the union.

Secession is pure and simple treason against your country the treasonous south attacked the US Garrison at Ft Sumter

There are no provisions for states to leave the union.

If RON PAUL is elected he will follow the Constitution the way the Founding Fathers intended. That means if a state has a reason to succeed they are allowed to do so. The fact he is the only candidate in either party that follows the Constitution 100% of the time should make him the only viable candidate. But voters are stupid and that's why we are where we are.

Did any of you watch it?
Where were all these supposed "hot knife through butter" solutions "on the economy--on Jobs--and on the Deficit" during the Bush Administration when the Republicans enjoyed contol of the 3 centers of elected political power in America - the White House, the House and the Senate?

Palenty, Cain, Santorim, Perry and Paul are not exactly household names outside of conservative circles and while Bachmann, Gingrich and Palin may enjoy more national name recognition - its for all the wrong reasons.

Mitt Romney, the only candidate capable of attracting moderates/independents and challenging Barrack Obama for the political center, is increasingly out-of-step with the Republican faithful - whose ideological center has long since abandoned the Ronald Reagan's "big tent" winning formula by shifting farther and farther to the right.

Last edited:
Yeah. Where in the Constitution does it say that States can leave the Union? Answer: It doesnt say they can or can't.

The Supreme Court gave an opinion on this in Texas v White 74 US 700 (1869). The Court called the entry of Texas into the United States was "an indissoluble relation." Only through revolution or mutual consent of the state and the United States could a state leave the Union.

I thought Romney looked really strong. I think he's the only one out of the field in the debates who could beat Obama. He wouldn't alienate moderates, or independents, or the more mainstream republicans. I also think he has a good shot at winning the primaries-I think he'll take in the moderates, whereas there's a few candidates that will split the further right leaning portion of the party.

I was a little surprised that the others didn't start to attack Romney, but that will come in due time.

Did any of you watch it?

I saw the debate and agree. They all came off quite well.

Will be interesting to see who else jumps in.

I like Rick Perry and his State is doing quite well despite the economy. That says a lot right there. The leaders of Texas must be doing something right.

Perhaps Barry should take a little trip to some of those States that are doing great and ask a few questions???

Nope... he has it all figured out. Isn't that obvious?

Obviously he hasn't figured out jack shit.

Everyone of these people did a good job last night.

The only thing I saw wrong was the ideas.

They are proffering the very same historically failed ideas that got us into this mess in the first place.

They are all pushing too far right to win a general election.

Obama is doing all the ideas that got us into this mess, that's a fact because it's all still Bush policies.

Fucking shit you're dumb. What kind of education do you have again?

Forum List

Back