GOP Chief Demands Reid's Resignation..

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Agreed. poor choice of words on Reid's part but Lott's words brought up a part of his past where he was actively supporting a racist candidate. Big difference.

when strom thurmond ran for president as a dixiecrat, in 1948, trent lott was seven years old.

try again.
Yep. He was seven.

I never could understand why Lott said "WE voted for him. We were proud of it."
"When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We’re proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over the years, either."

He meant we Dixiecrats...he was identifying with the Dixiecrats.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_Lott#cite_note-2

Just think, if old Trent had his way Negro dialect would have been outlawed.

:lol:

Agreed. poor choice of words on Reid's part but Lott's words brought up a part of his past where he was actively supporting a racist candidate. Big difference.

when strom thurmond ran for president as a dixiecrat, in 1948, trent lott was seven years old.

try again.

Poor choice of words on my part. Should I step down from something? :)

yes.

i'm outraged.

This in no way should be used to quantify Lott's or anyone else's statements... this is an incident unto itself

Steele is right to point out the double standard... but his calling for resignation or removal is a play and should never have been really done...

Hopefully this helps in the race against Reid in the upcoming election

Reid was talking about the existing racism in America and what would make a candidate unelectable.

I agree with him. A dark skinned black with a ghetto dialect could not be elected.
Neither could a Southern white with a redneck dialect
Nor a Northeastern white with a Brooklyn dialect

Reid know about the statement he had made and that it would be coming out in a book for a long time now. My question is why is he just now making apologies?

Quentin said:
I think Reid's comment is racist, but it's a very different type of racism than Lott's and they're not really comparable, certainly not equal.

You're right. It's worse.

Why not? Libs went batshit crazy over Lott's comments but somehow this is different. :lol:

The statements aren't comparable.

Reid made an observation about America's racism.

Lott reconfirmed his own racism.

And that's what the wingnuts will never understand. They think that anytime a white politician mentions race it's racist. Why don't they understand? Because most of the wingnuts are racists. It's (the GOP) is where all of the virulent racists fled when the Civil Rights Act was passed.

So Michael Steele is now outraged over the use of the word 'Negro'?

Hmmm...what difference a few months makes...

CALLER: It's just like the LA Times said last year, or two years ago -- he is the magic Negro.

STEELE: Yeah he is -- [laughter]. You read that too, huh?

Steele didn't come up with that phrase, dumbfuck...

Intellectual honesty and you are bitter enemies....

Reid is just a poor ignorant Bigot. He'll get the free pass though because he has a (D) by his name rather than an (R). The Liberal dominated MSM really is pretty predictable. If he had that (R) by his name,you would be seeing a completely different response from them and all Liberal hypocrites. Reid's stupid comments were obviously meant as a compliment to Obama. That doesn't make them acceptable though. If you were one of those rabid Liberal wing nuts screeching for Lott's resignation,then you should be doing the same with Reid. Anything less would prove your own dishonesty and hypocrisy. Reid himself was one of those rabid wing nuts demanding Lott's resignation back then. He should now just do the right thing and step down. I guess we'll see where this goes but i'm not expecting Reid to do the right thing. It is what it is in the end.

It's Not even being called, "Harry Reid Talks Dirty, On The Phone, To Black Leaders!"

Now, no one will know what was being said!

"Nor will most viewers [of Oliver Stone's movie] realize that they are getting a cruel distortion of the language Nixon ordinarily used. In Stone's movie, he has Nixon saying "fuck" throughout -- in one scene, eight times. In fact, Nixon was a shy Quaker boy who seldom used locker-room language. The bulk of the "expletive deleted" words that Nixon blocked out on his transcript version of the tapes were "hell" and "damn." I have listened many times to the available tapes, some sixty hours' worth, recording conversations between Nixon and his closest advisers when they were in deep trouble, and I never heard him say "fuck." William Safire told me that Nixon sometimes said "asshole." He used "son of a bitch" regularly. In general, Nixon's language was mild, especially in comparison with that of Harry S. Truman, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Lyndon B. Johnson, and John F. Kennedy. Stone creates the opposite impression."

Even Nixon would come to know that there are some people who listen to this stuff! They are called, "lawyers," and "judges," and "historians," and "stenographers," and "court reporters," and even more colorful(?) names: Than any of those.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
("Treaty Words" being discussed: Not Even!"

Only some level, the wingnuts have to know they're racists, that's why they have such a difficult time verbalizing what is and is not racist.

Quentin said:
I think Reid's comment is racist, but it's a very different type of racism than Lott's and they're not really comparable, certainly not equal.

You're right. It's worse.

Explain why you think it's worse.
Lott said essentially "we should have supported you 50 years ago" to a dying man on his birthday and was hounded out of office. What he said was stupid. But worth the public excoriation? no.

Harry Reid directly condescends a black candidate because he can turn on and off his half-ethnicity and is being given a pass by the left.

Hmmmm.... nope. It's still worse. I hate that subtle racism.

Forum List

Back