GOP Chief Demands Reid's Resignation..

If Reid steps down anyway, Schumer will be majority leader. Reid can step aside.

Reid is a douche. The statement shows how ignorant he is. I understand if people interpret it as racist.

That said, Trent Lott pretty much said that he supports racial segregation and that isn't close to what Reid said.

Sorry guys but Reid's words don't vindicate Trent Lott.

No one said they did.

But the hypocricy on display is par for the course.

Libs are saying. look how bad Lott's commments were, Reid's were n't that bad so lets give him a pass.

Last edited:
Steele is a bit over sensitive...or maybe he's just trying to distract people from his long list of serious fuck ups.

Reid called Americans racist...not sure how that is an offense that means he must step down.

And when did Negro become a racist term?

You PC people are a hoot.

Steele is a bit over sensitive...or maybe he's just trying to distract people from his long list of serious fuck ups.

Reid called Americans racist...not sure how that is an offense that means he must step down.

The comments WERE offensive. I'm sorry I don't feel comfortable with a man who uses the term "negro dialect" and suggests that Obama lacking "negro dialect" is the reason he won an election for the president, and he's probably right, but it suggests that "negroes speaking ignorantly". Not a good thing to say...

No the man should not sit down and Michael Steele should shut up simply because he's using this as a pet project to cover his ass since the reps were about to kick it to the curb. Reid should be voted out. Trent Lott should have been voted out.

They have every right to be ignorant. WE have every right to understand that they're freaking ignorant and not elect them.

Resigning over a comment? This is freakin ridiculous. If Reid should resign, it should be over his more questionable transactions. But this? Dont let the Democrats use this to distract the people away from them destroying our health care system. Reids going to be out of office in 10 months anyway.

I agree, and think the GOP is making a mistake by making an issue out of this. Especially since Reid is likely toast in the fall anyway.

I think the GOP would've received more voter respect had they made people aware of it, then move on. It would be best for everyone to not waste news cycles with shit like this, and keep the focus on the real bullshit in front of us.

Resigning over a comment? This is freakin ridiculous. If Reid should resign, it should be over his more questionable transactions. But this? Dont let the Democrats use this to distract the people away from them destroying our health care system. Reids going to be out of office in 10 months anyway.

I agree, and think the GOP is making a mistake by making an issue out of this. Especially since Reid is likely toast in the fall anyway.

I think the GOP would've received more voter respect had they made people aware of it, then move on. It would be best for everyone to not waste news cycles with shit like this, and keep the focus on the real bullshit in front of us.

Gotta agree although I do believe there is a double standard. If a Rep had made the comments Reid made, well the nearest tree wouldn't have been near enough.

Leave Reid alone. He fucks up enough on his own anyway and will not be re-elected. Hell, he'll probably won't run anyway. Good riddance to incompetence plus.

Reid is a douche. The statement shows how ignorant he is. I understand if people interpret it as racist.

That said, Trent Lott pretty much said that he supports racial segregation and that isn't close to what Reid said.

Agreed. poor choice of words on Reid's part but Lott's words brought up a part of his past where he was actively supporting a racist candidate. Big difference.

when strom thurmond ran for president as a dixiecrat, in 1948, trent lott was seven years old.

try again.

Gotta agree although I do believe there is a double standard. If a Rep had made the comments Reid made, well the nearest tree wouldn't have been near enough.

Leave Reid alone. He fucks up enough on his own anyway and will not be re-elected. Hell, he'll probably won't run anyway. Good riddance to incompetence plus.

Oh I do agree, there certainly is a double standard, nothing new there. It's just at this point in time I think it best to move on and "keep your eye on the ball".

Oh I do agree, there certainly is a double standard, nothing new there. It's just at this point in time I think it best to move on and "keep your eye on the ball".

Agree

They've conveniently forgotten how much the Bradley effect was talked about during the campaign.

What double standard? You think that if this had been a Republican/conservative that he wouldn't have been vigorously defended by the same?

Rush Limbaugh said that an Obama/Clinton ticket would have been unelectable, because Americans wouldn't vote for a black man AND a woman on the same ticket.

Ya know, to me this PC BS is old. I don't care what party makes a mistake. The comment needs judged fairly and not while everyone has their panties bunched up in there rash chewed butt cracks. I really wish minorities could get over themselves already and move on. Whitey is not out to get you.

Agreed. poor choice of words on Reid's part but Lott's words brought up a part of his past where he was actively supporting a racist candidate. Big difference.

when strom thurmond ran for president as a dixiecrat, in 1948, trent lott was seven years old.

try again.
Yep. He was seven.

I never could understand why Lott said "WE voted for him. We were proud of it."

try again.
Yep. He was seven.

I never could understand why Lott said "WE voted for him. We were proud of it."

he was speaking in negro dialect.

the light skinned variety.

would you like more coffee?

try again.

Poor choice of words on my part. Should I step down from something? :)

Forum List

Back