GOP Chairman Who Apologized For GOP Racism Comes Out As Gay

Ken Mehlman

[1] When queried, "[You] have asked a question people shouldn't have to answer." Mehlman is widely rumored to be gay, but has denied this, and complained that "those stories did a number on my dating life for six months." On 8 November 2006, Bill Maher claimed on Larry King Live that Mehlman was gay. CNN edited the allegation out of subsequent rebroadcasts and the program's transcript, and two days later Mehlman announced his resignation from the RNC, effective January 2007.

"After surrendering to Muslim terrorists and common criminals, aborting babies, and raising taxes, the Left’s favorite pastime is outing gay Republicans. Liberals claim to love gays, but their default comeback to a conservative they disagree with is to call him gay…Liberals insist on letting ay men leas Boy Scouts on overnight camping trips, but won’t let a gay man be a Republican."
Ann Coulter

That would possibly be an objective opinion if it came from someone that is not a homophobe like Coulter.

OMg, I guess I'm supposed to be impressed because this guy comes out and confesses he likes other MEN, and he's a Republican to boot.

good grief. what is SO SPECIAL ABOUT THESE PEOPLE and their sexual preference.

Not a darn thing.
SO why do they demand special rights the rest of us don't have??

Like what?

Actually, none really do ask for anything other than to not be judged based on sexual preference....and the right to marry like all others have the right.

Seems politicians are the ones who want them to be seen differently....and protected with hate crime legislation.

Has 8537 attacked you in some way?
I give moronic posts equal time irrespective of political leaning.

What's "moronic" about thinking that gay people chose to be gay?

Tell us about how you chose to be straight.
Did it go like this:
"Let me see, I have 2 choices; men or women solet me consider both"
Dude, you may have done it that way and chose women over men but I NEVER thought about being with men.
I was born straight.
Gays are born gay.

"Log Cabin Republicans is very supportive and appreciative of Ken's coming out," Cooper said. "Being gay and being conservative are not mutually exclusive. As a fellow Bush alumnus, I also look forward to Ken helping me and our colleagues build a stronger more inclusive Republican Party."

more and more gays are turning conservative and that is how gay marriage will finally become legal.

Good for him. :)

Sorry fellow 'conservatives', but sexual preference is a non issue.

..as long as they don't try to convert me. :lol:

A point of clarification, Jeremy.

I believe that your reference to 'conservatives' is misplaced...as it is more appropriately directed toward those with a religious disagreement.

And Republicans, I believe, are opposed to gay marriage, rather than gays.

According to my view, Conservatives would not have a particular view on the matter, as Conservatives believe in the principle of variety, while liberal perspectives result in a narrowing uniformity. Conservatives believe in choice of healthcare, education, religion, and various other areas, which would include this one.

Under conservative principles, there will be differences in class, material condition and other inequalities. Equality will be of opportunity, not necessarily of result. The only uniformity will be before the law.

If you see the posts here and on othe threads concerning this matter, the left likes nothing bettter than 'outing' political opponents....not the right.

The harm that Ken Mehlman did outweighs any good he is supposed to be attempting now.

C- effort

E/Fail - conduct

XYZ /Fail - principles, dignity, honor, character

Amazing to watch Cons defend homosexuals, when they're fellow Cons.

What is wrong with that? Would you not criticize a gay conservative but defend a gay liberal? Mehlman always set off my gaydar, but I really didn't give a shit. He was good at his job. He's gotta be pissed at Rove and Robertson though - hoo boy! But that's politics.

A point of clarification, Jeremy.

I believe that your reference to 'conservatives' is misplaced...as it is more appropriately directed toward those with a religious disagreement.

And Republicans, I believe, are opposed to gay marriage, rather than gays.

According to my view, Conservatives would not have a particular view on the matter, as Conservatives believe in the principle of variety, while liberal perspectives result in a narrowing uniformity.

You keep telling yourself that. :thup:

Some Americans Reluctant to Vote for Mormon, 72-Year-Old Presidential Candidates

Only 36% of Conservatives would vote for a Homosexual candidate. 29% would vote for an Atheist.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ologized-for-gop-racism-comes-out-as-gay.html

Mehlman, manager of the 2004 Bush/Cheney re-election campaign, came out to Marc Ambinder of The Atlantic. "It's taken me 43 years to get comfortable with this part of my life," Mehlman said in the interview. "Everybody has their own path to travel, their own journey and for me over the past few months, I've told my family, friends, former colleagues and current colleagues and they've been wonderful and supportive."

Mehlman said he wants to become an advocate for same-sex marriage. He is participating in an upcoming fundraiser for the American Foundation for Equal Rights (AFER), which is supporting the legal challenge to California's Proposition 8, the initiative against gay marriage.

Ex-GOP national chairman Ken Mehlman says he's gay - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2010 Election - USATODAY.com

Now thats putting one foot in front of the other.

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
GOP Chairman Who Apologized For GOP Racism Comes Out As Gay.

44 - Former RNC chairman Ken Mehlman: I'm gay

:lol:

"Log Cabin Republicans is very supportive and appreciative of Ken's coming out," Cooper said. "Being gay and being conservative are not mutually exclusive. As a fellow Bush alumnus, I also look forward to Ken helping me and our colleagues build a stronger more inclusive Republican Party."

more and more gays are turning conservative and that is how gay marriage will finally become legal.
log cabin gays will convince conservatives to go with gay marriages?

Ken Mehlman ran a campaign that used anti-gay campaigns in a number of states during 2004.

Mehlman is a lying douchebagh.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ologized-for-gop-racism-comes-out-as-gay.html

Mehlman, manager of the 2004 Bush/Cheney re-election campaign, came out to Marc Ambinder of The Atlantic. "It's taken me 43 years to get comfortable with this part of my life," Mehlman said in the interview. "Everybody has their own path to travel, their own journey and for me over the past few months, I've told my family, friends, former colleagues and current colleagues and they've been wonderful and supportive."

Mehlman said he wants to become an advocate for same-sex marriage. He is participating in an upcoming fundraiser for the American Foundation for Equal Rights (AFER), which is supporting the legal challenge to California's Proposition 8, the initiative against gay marriage.

Ex-GOP national chairman Ken Mehlman says he's gay - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2010 Election - USATODAY.com

Now thats putting one foot in front of the other.

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
GOP Chairman Who Apologized For GOP Racism Comes Out As Gay.

44 - Former RNC chairman Ken Mehlman: I'm gay

He apologized for the Republican Party's failed and disgusting "Southern Strategy" and he had the guts to come out of the closet. Funny how you laugh instead of applaud. :eusa_eh: This guy has more courage and character than most of us here.

Forum List

Back