GOP Chairman Who Apologized For GOP Racism Comes Out As Gay

Sometimes I think the only thing that stops lefties from actually stoning people to death for political points is that it is still illegal.

"Ken Mehlman, President George W. Bush’s campaign manager in 2004 and a former chairman of the Republican National Committee, has revealed to family and friends over the past few months that he is gay, he said in an interview yesterday."

O.K., Eric...Mitch....you're ON DECK!!!!!!!

Eric-Cantor.jpg
M000355.jpg
Come out, come out, wherever you are.

I wonder how long it will take for the GOP to realize that gay people are everywhere and they aren't going away. Why, one could even be their next door neighbor, or their child's school teacher, and probably their priest.

Even YOU could be gay?

No one knows!

My issue with Mehlman is his denial. He's a liar:

Mehlman acknowledged to Ambinder that had he been open about his sexuality earlier, he might have tried to push back against parts of the national Republican agenda, including efforts by former Bush adviser Karl Rove in 2004 and 2006 to put same-sex marriage initiatives on the ballot in states across the country:
"It's a legitimate question and one I understand," Mehlman said. "I can't change the fact that I wasn't in this place personally when I was in politics, and I genuinely regret that. It was very hard, personally." He asks of those who doubt his sincerity: "If they can't offer support, at least offer understanding."​
44 - Former RNC chairman Ken Mehlman: I'm gay

like most all conservatives, power was more important to Mehlman than honesty, integrity, civility and responsibility.

A lot of gay people have a hard time admitting it and coming out publicly about it. I imagine you know how that is.

Mehlman, manager of the 2004 Bush/Cheney re-election campaign, came out to Marc Ambinder of The Atlantic. "It's taken me 43 years to get comfortable with this part of my life," Mehlman said in the interview. "Everybody has their own path to travel, their own journey and for me over the past few months, I've told my family, friends, former colleagues and current colleagues and they've been wonderful and supportive."

Mehlman said he wants to become an advocate for same-sex marriage. He is participating in an upcoming fundraiser for the American Foundation for Equal Rights (AFER), which is supporting the legal challenge to California's Proposition 8, the initiative against gay marriage.

Ex-GOP national chairman Ken Mehlman says he's gay - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2010 Election - USATODAY.com

Now thats putting one foot in front of the other.

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cant handle it huh?

Good for him. :)

Sorry fellow 'conservatives', but sexual preference is a non issue.

..as long as they don't try to convert me. :lol:

Mehlman, manager of the 2004 Bush/Cheney re-election campaign, came out to Marc Ambinder of The Atlantic. "It's taken me 43 years to get comfortable with this part of my life," Mehlman said in the interview. "Everybody has their own path to travel, their own journey and for me over the past few months, I've told my family, friends, former colleagues and current colleagues and they've been wonderful and supportive."

Mehlman said he wants to become an advocate for same-sex marriage. He is participating in an upcoming fundraiser for the American Foundation for Equal Rights (AFER), which is supporting the legal challenge to California's Proposition 8, the initiative against gay marriage.

Ex-GOP national chairman Ken Mehlman says he's gay - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2010 Election - USATODAY.com

Now thats putting one foot in front of the other.

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gee, nobody ever saw that one coming, did they, Mehlman.. :cuckoo:

Mehlman is awesome. That guy is completely unflappable. On the Sunday morning TV programs, it didn't matter what was thrown at him, he parlayed it away like he was swatting away a bug.

Good for him coming to terms with his homosexuality. The more gay Republicans, the better.

Mehlman is awesome. That guy is completely unflappable. On the Sunday morning TV programs, it didn't matter what was thrown at him, he parlayed it away like he was swatting away a bug.

Good for him coming to terms with his homosexuality. The more gay Republicans, the better.

GOP Chairman Who Apologized For GOP Racism Comes Out As Gay.

44 - Former RNC chairman Ken Mehlman: I'm gay

Jesus Christ. Who cares? It is freaking 2010.
Notice that he is not leaving the GOP. NOtice that no one from the GOP has condemned him. Notice that the only ones beating up on the GOP are the same moronic posters here who always do that. And note the comment from Steele:
Michael Steele, current chairman of the Republican National Committee, issued a statement of support for Mehlman. "I am happy for Ken," Steele said. "His announcement, often a very difficult decision which is only compounded when done on the public stage, reaffirms for me why we are friends and why I respect him personally and professionally."

As one that fully supports gay rights and gay marriage I agree totally with Rabbi.
Persecution of gays is not just a Republican thing.
However, Republicans did align themselves with the religous right and their anti gay agenda.

Forum List

Back