GOP Budget Offers First-Rate Vision for First-Rate Country

Like Obama is going to sign Ryans budget.

Vouchers for Medicare and tax cuts for the very richest are not going to fly. No matter how delusional you rethugs have become.

And when the lord and saviour of the Rethug party can't even cut the deficit for what, 20 years or something, you know it is nothing but a joke. Again.

But they (rethugs) went out and had a few "focus groups" and they told Ryan what to say and what not to say and never to put "particulars" out there. If you have particulars then people can laugh at you and wonder how you could be so stupid to propose that.

Another rethug joke.

And, you've looked in the actual text of the budget plan to determine this? Link?
I'm supposed to link to something that doesn't exist? :lol:

No, you're supposed to PROVE it doesn't exist.

I am not saying it does or it doesn't.

Right now, all we have is your say so that it doesn't. If you want to prove yourself correct, find the text of the bill and check. You might be right. Point is, you have not proved that yet.

And, if the official budget has not been submitted and given an HR number yet, wouldn't it be a good idea to wait until it actually is, before whining like a little baby about what it doesn't have?
OK, I read his proposal. It's not in there. :lol:

GOP Budget Offers First-Rate Vision for First-Rate Country

We are making budgets for Sweden now?

I guess that is one way to get back in first place, lower the playing field :)

we've treid that....hello. and its not working.

the plan is far from perfect but hes serious, ron wyden is serious and together they can make a go it, now if only obama were serious.

I'm supposed to link to something that doesn't exist? :lol:

Right now, all we have is your say so that it doesn't. If you want to prove yourself correct, find the text of the bill and check. You might be right. Point is, you have not proved that yet.

And, if the official budget has not been submitted and given an HR number yet, wouldn't it be a good idea to wait until it actually is, before whining like a little baby about what it doesn't have?

now you're just being stupid. I already said the specific dollar cutoff was not in the proposal, and it wouldn't be, regardless of this being a GOP or a Democrat proposal. It's a summary.

I said to find the link to the text of the actual bill, or wait for it to become available, and then look to see if the specifics you want are in there. Until you do that, you cannot PROVE they do not exist, so as usual, you're full of shit.

now you're just being stupid. I already said the specific dollar cutoff was not in the proposal, and it wouldn't be, regardless of this being a GOP or a Democrat proposal. It's a summary.

I said to find the link to the text of the actual bill, or wait for it to become available, and then look to see if the specifics you want are in there. Until you do that, you cannot PROVE they do not exist, so as usual, you're full of shit.

I'M being stupid??? :lol:

YOU named this thread "GOP Budget Offers First-Rate Vision for First-Rate Country", yet you don't have the first clue as to the specifics.

You are the definition of a political hack.

YOU named this thread "GOP Budget Offers First-Rate Vision for First-Rate Country", yet you don't have the first clue as to the specifics.

moron. Are you seriously stating that unless all exact specifics are shown, you cannot call it a First-Rate Vision of a First Rate Country? No initial summaries allowed?

I'll have to remember your position on this next time Obama presents a blueprint or plan or vision... no specifics... it sucks. got it.

moron. Are you seriously stating that unless all exact specifics are shown, you cannot call it a First-Rate Vision of a First Rate Country? No initial summaries allowed?

I'll have to remember your position on this next time Obama presents a blueprint or plan or vision... no specifics... it sucks. got it.

No, you can remember this the next time Obama proposes a blueprint for something and I trumpet it a "First-Rate Vision", before any specifics are known.

Damn, you're stupid.

No, you can remember this the next time Obama proposes a blueprint for something and I trumpet it a "First-Rate Vision", before any specifics are known.

Damn, you're stupid.

This is the way it always works, on both sides, dim-whit. Proposals are made, then details worked out, then actual legislation is submitted, etc etc etc. Both side tout them as the next best thing since sliced bread, and 'rate' them as they see fit.

I don't recall seeing you whine like a little girl in the http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/214180-gop-budget-offers-second-rate-vision-for-first-rate-country.html thread about the term 'second rate'. In fact, you didn't post in it at all.

Gee... could that be because it tried to cast a negative light on the Ryan budget proposal, and you're fine with that?

Then as soon as you see a thread trying to cast a positive light on the Ryan budget proposal, you go all 'where are the details? I want details! This sucks without details!'

Apparently, no details are needed in order for you to be ok with casting a negative light on this, but you just HAVE to have them if someone tries to cast a positive light.

Hypocritical bitch.

Damn, you're stupid.

This is the way it always works, on both sides, dim-whit. Proposals are made, then details worked out, then actual legislation is submitted, etc etc etc. Both side tout them as the next best thing since sliced bread, and 'rate' them as they see fit.

And most people do not praise proposals without having a clue what's in them.

I don't recall seeing you whine like a little girl in the http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/214180-gop-budget-offers-second-rate-vision-for-first-rate-country.html thread about the term 'second rate'. In fact, you didn't post in it at all.

Because I didn't see it. Damn, you're stupid.

The fact remains that you cannot answer it. And why is that? Because Ryan didn't bother to come up with those figures. :)

And, you've looked in the actual text of the budget plan to determine this? Link?

Kid, the legislative text has been available all along. There's no such detail in it because no such detail exists. Once again, Ryan hasn't produced a plan so much as meaningless drivel that sounds good to wingnut ears--they never seem to notice that there's no there there. They certainly don't bother to read the text of his "proposals" before proclaiming his bullshit a "first-rate vision." He gives the CBO figures for the revenue he aims to raise and the spending targets he aims to hit without so much as a fucking clue as to how he would get to either, and then points to the CBO's calculations as astonishing proof that his targets will lead to a balanced budget in 20 odd years.

Ryan is a charlatan. And a fucking idiot to boot. I can understand why the wingers are so enamored with their "ideas man."

Damn, you're stupid.

And most people do not praise proposals without having a clue what's in them.

Because I didn't see it. Damn, you're stupid.

the depth of your stupidity knows no bounds. Now you cannot applaud a proposal until every single detail has been spelled out in triplicate, bold, italics, underlined, and approved by Synthaholic. You cannot approve of a general plan, unless the minutia has been gone over with a fine tooth Democratic cob. Nice to know. I'll keep it in mind.

Also, I don't recall you bitching this much when Obama presented his budget plan without specifics. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

Last edited:
The fact remains that you cannot answer it. And why is that? Because Ryan didn't bother to come up with those figures. :)

Kid, the legislative text has been available all along. There's no such detail in it because no such detail exists. Once again, Ryan hasn't produced a plan so much as meaningless drivel that sounds good to wingnut ears--they never seem to notice that there's no there there. They certainly don't bother to read the text of his "proposals" before proclaiming his bullshit a "first-rate vision." He gives the CBO figures for the revenue he aims to raise and the spending targets he aims to hit without so much as a fucking clue as to how he would get to either, and then points to the CBO's calculations as astonishing proof that his targets will lead to a balanced budget in 20 odd years.

Ryan is a charlatan. And a fucking idiot to boot. I can understand why the wingers are so enamored with their "ideas man."

like Synthia, you didn't whine like a butt hurt squirrel like this when Obama presented his budget proposal without details about this kind of stuff.. Gee, I fuckin wonder why.

Dumbass.

when Obama presented his budget proposal without details about this kind of stuff.

Just guessing now, eh? Do your fucking homework, kid. I really don't understand the appeal of relying on hearsay or gut instincts over reading actual primary documents.

The Obama budget request is an actual framework prepared by actual budget professionals, unlike Ryan's bullshit. It includes those little nagging details like what income tax rates would be charged for which income brackets.

I'm really hoping that the DNC throws some serious money behind Rob Zerban.

I'm really hoping that the DNC throws some serious money behind Rob Zerban.

Reaganite Bruce Bartlett has Ryan's number:

I think Ryan has an undeserved reputation for seriousness in budget matters. The word “fantasy” would better apply. As Prof. Calvin Johnson of the University of Texas law school told me, the tax side of Ryan’s plan “is floating in the clouds without any connection to earth or reality.” And of course accomplishing what he hopes to do on the spending side is even more fanciful.

In my opinion, the Ryan budget should be seen as nothing more than a PR document for Republicans so they can say they have a plan to balance the budget, cut taxes, and cure the common cold. It may serve that narrow purpose, although many Republicans are saying that it doesn’t go far enough in slashing spending. I wish I could buy some of the stuff these guys are drinking or smoking.

Anyone can make up numbers that balance the budget while slashing taxes at the same time if they have no concern whatsoever for the proper functioning of government, no concern for the hardship it would cause, and are in a position to order the CBO to accept those numbers at face value. Coming up with specific legislative changes that will actually implement such a vision, getting it enacted, and accepting the consequences is something else altogether.

At this point, I want Ryan to go the fuck away.

I understand what some of the rhetoric means and how some of these concepts need to happen because the financial crisis needs to be dealt with but yet another play that cuts the upper bracket and voucher-izes Medicare is not going to go over well with the American public. This IS an election year and what Ryan is doing is foot stomping for the left.
Simply put - more tax breaks are a no go in general and fixes for Medicare need to be addressed as just that with far more serious discussion to say the least and at a bare minimum, the public needs to be brought around and on board with any real fix. What Ryan is doing is corrosive.

If you steal more money from the public for these clowns, they will spend it and more. That is the whole point. They can not help but spend ALL the revenue and another 1.3 trillion on their failing, economically inept programs. The only way to hold them accountable is to force them to cut waste adn do it in a big way.

Go ahead though, raise the tax rate to 90% on the 200,000+ income crowd and see what happens.

Fair taxation of disposable income is stealing? You're a fucking loon.

All taxation is stealing, asshole, and there's nothing "fair" about taxing some at a higher percentage than others. That's just outright plunder by a gang of greedy envious losers.

Forum List

Back