GOP blocks veterans jobs bill with budget vote

You look like your struggling. You still have internet capabilities ie. computer, internet provider service, you probably have a smartphone, iphone or blackberry.

As a vet he probably EXPECTS to have food on the table and a place to live and all of those other benefits he earned serving our country. The GOP only loves vets if they have died in the service of oil companies. Those still alive? not so much. Gravity? Why didn't you have the good sense to get killed serving your country?

As a vet he has more opportunities than I.

U.S. Dept. of Veteran Affairs

Maybe in Rich ass Texas. All health care is the est there.

A question for this thread, S.AMDT.2789 which was blocked yesterday was an Amendment to S.3457 the Vets Job Corps bill which passed 95-1 in the same Senate on 9-11-12 was an Amendment to waive normal budget procedure and move the bill forward. In killing the Amendment the bill is done for until next year, frankly I find it interesting that killing the Amendment when you approved the same legislation a few days earlier does strike me as more political than it does with any high minded ideals when it comes to the nations spending issues. If that was the case the same people who had an issue with this in the first place would not have passed it to begin with. The question is however, is the problem with the Amendment? or the bill itself? It just seems a shame that Congress cannot set aside it's differences for just a moment to help these young men and women.

As a vet he probably EXPECTS to have food on the table and a place to live and all of those other benefits he earned serving our country. The GOP only loves vets if they have died in the service of oil companies. Those still alive? not so much. Gravity? Why didn't you have the good sense to get killed serving your country?

As a vet he has more opportunities than I.

U.S. Dept. of Veteran Affairs

Maybe in Rich ass Texas. All health care is the est there.

Did you read the link titled U.S. Dept. of Veteran Affairs?

Of course you didn't.

And what is "est"?

Sallow you're smart enough to know two things....

1. If it's attached to a spending bill it's DOA.

2. If dems attached it to a spending bill they FULLY EXPECTED it to fail. Which means they are the ones playing games at the veterans expense.

I heard it was all paid for..let me go look

Here ya go..I mean really what was their excuse...dimwits The right is making more enemies by the day!
However, Veterans Jobs Corps bill co-sponsor Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) said on the Senate floor today that “this bill is fully paid for and does not violate pay-go rules.”
Wow, really? That is your proof? A liar says it, so its okay........

A question for this thread, S.AMDT.2789 which was blocked yesterday was an Amendment to S.3457 the Vets Job Corps bill which passed 95-1 in the same Senate on 9-11-12 was an Amendment to waive normal budget procedure and move the bill forward. In killing the Amendment the bill is done for until next year, frankly I find it interesting that killing the Amendment when you approved the same legislation a few days earlier does strike me as more political than it does with any high minded ideals when it comes to the nations spending issues. If that was the case the same people who had an issue with this in the first place would not have passed it to begin with. The question is however, is the problem with the Amendment? or the bill itself? It just seems a shame that Congress cannot set aside it's differences for just a moment to help these young men and women.

Of course it's political. The Republicans are willin gto do anything they can to ensure Obama gets nothing done. Remember what they told us? Their number 1 priority was to ensure that Obama was a one term President. Everything else that needs to get done comes secondary to that.

Of course it's political. The Republicans are willin gto do anything they can to ensure Obama gets nothing done. Remember what they told us? Their number 1 priority was to ensure that Obama was a one term President. Everything else that needs to get done comes secondary to that.

And for some strange reason, the Republicans are doing everything they can to keep our veterans in that 47% group that Romney dislikes so much. This seems odd to me as our military and verterans typically vote GOP....

It was a budget point of order.

When do you plan on paying the bills.

Now as A VETERAN, I THINK IT SUCKS... But I do understand we dont have any money.

So what is your plan besides bitching. We have Del for that........

Best! I was talking to someone living there the other day, compared to California , Time to get off for a while, I am on some strong ass meds, getting ready for a big surgery Monday.

Now as A VETERAN, I THINK IT SUCKS... But I do understand we dont have any money.

The bill was 100% paid for.

How by running up the debt.

You will have to prove it was paid for without adding to the debt and deficit.

You cant do it can you.

The bill, S 3457, would seek to create jobs for veterans in various fields, including law enforcement and firefighting, attracting support from major law enforcement associations. The bill also would create jobs to help maintain national veterans’ cemeteries in need of repairs, and to perform a variety of conservation work on federal, state and local parkland.

Most of the cost of the job-creating grants would be covered by revoking or denying passports to people with unpaid taxes, a move expected to generate $556 million over five years in paid taxes. The rest of the cost is covered by a technical change in payments to Medicare providers and suppliers.

Veterans Job Corps Act moves forward - Air Force News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Air Force Times

I don't know seems to me it was paid for, and based on the numbers of young men and women vets that are in need of work and have the skills to fill positions out there, it makes good sense.

The bill, S 3457, would seek to create jobs for veterans in various fields, including law enforcement and firefighting, attracting support from major law enforcement associations. The bill also would create jobs to help maintain national veterans’ cemeteries in need of repairs, and to perform a variety of conservation work on federal, state and local parkland.

Most of the cost of the job-creating grants would be covered by revoking or denying passports to people with unpaid taxes, a move expected to generate $556 million over five years in paid taxes. The rest of the cost is covered by a technical change in payments to Medicare providers and suppliers.

Veterans Job Corps Act moves forward - Air Force News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Air Force Times

I don't know seems to me it was paid for, and based on the numbers of young men and women vets that are in need of work and have the skills to fill positions out there, it makes good sense.

The absolute dishonesty of liberals is astounding.. We heard the same shit about Social Security.. THERE IS NO LOCK BOX.. What ifs, should be's, possibly.. WTF?? Govenment has ran up over 16 TRILLION in debt and I am suppose to believe, WELL MAYBE IF WE DO THIS?"

You cant do it can you.

However, Veterans Jobs Corps bill co-sponsor Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) said on the Senate floor today that “this bill is fully paid for and does not violate pay-go rules.” (The New York Times said Murray’s aides say “say the program will be paid for by recovering more money from tax-delinquent Medicare providers and forcing big tax deadbeats to pay up before receiving passports.”)

So, not only does the bill get funded, but it is funded by collecting on what is already owed us. BONUS!

I heard it was all paid for..let me go look

Here ya go..I mean really what was their excuse...dimwits The right is making more enemies by the day!
However, Veterans Jobs Corps bill co-sponsor Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) said on the Senate floor today that “this bill is fully paid for and does not violate pay-go rules.”
Wow, really? That is your proof? A liar says it, so its okay........

Time to stop drinking the brothers for breakfast... Johnny Walker, Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, Glenfiddich

Senate Republicans Kill Veterans' Jobs Bill | ThinkProgress
Where is your link?

You cant do it can you.

However, Veterans Jobs Corps bill co-sponsor Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) said on the Senate floor today that “this bill is fully paid for and does not violate pay-go rules.” (The New York Times said Murray’s aides say “say the program will be paid for by recovering more money from tax-delinquent Medicare providers and forcing big tax deadbeats to pay up before receiving passports.”)

So, not only does the bill get funded, but it is funded by collecting on what is already owed us. BONUS!

That is your evidence.. The liar from washington..my senator.....

With the I said so no less........

Really????

The absolute dishonesty of liberals is astounding.. We heard the same shit about Social Security.. THERE IS NO LOCK BOX.. What ifs, should be's, possibly.. WTF?? Govenment has ran up over 16 TRILLION in debt and I am suppose to believe, WELL MAYBE IF WE DO THIS?"

It's cool. We understand. You Pubs want to start wars with everyone who doesn't think like we do, send our troops off to fight and die in your wars, and then say "Welcome Home" by denying them support to find jobs. I think that is a GREAT way to get Romney defeated. Please keep it up.

You cant do it can you.

LIAR. We can all read the comments for ourselves.. That blowhard states, SHOULD BE, in your own link.

It's cool. We understand. You Pubs want to start wars with everyone who doesn't think like we do, send our troops off to fight and die in your wars, and then say "Welcome Home" by denying them support to find jobs. I think that is a GREAT way to get Romney defeated. Please keep it up.

Hey Bozo, link to any post where I want to start wars and send troops to die?? WTF and wtf does that have to do with your OUTRIGHT lies in regard to this shit being paid for???? It came from your own stupid link.

Sorry Lady, if your blaming that 16 Trillon on just one party you would be sadly mistaken, and because we are in debt, that is no excuse to put your head in the sand and simply stop passing legislation that might do some good. The legislation in question we are talking about here was passed by a 95 -1 margin and written by both liberals and conservatives, so it's not just a liberal idea we are talking about here, its about helping those young men and women who have made a sacrifice that the other 99% of the population was unwilling to make with very little if any support once they made it. As for the liberal label itself, as a Republican if you wish to call me a liberal on this then by all means do so, because I for one believe that helping those young people is more an American idea.

You cant do it can you.

That is your evidence.. The liar from washington..my senator.....

With the I said so no less........

Really????

I hate doing lazy Obama haters work for them, but here is the language from the bill. Please read the bolded parts:

Veterans Jobs Corps Act of 2012 - Directs the Secretary of Veterans Affairs (VA) (Secretary) to establish a veteran jobs corps to employ veterans: (1) in conservation, resource management, and historic preservation projects on public lands and maintenance and improvement projects for cemeteries under the jurisdiction of the National Cemetery Administration; and (2) as firefighters and law enforcement officers. Requires priority employment for veterans who served on active duty on or after September 11, 2001. Provides for such employment in coordination with the Attorney General, the Commanding General of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and the Secretaries of Agriculture, Commerce, Homeland Security, and the Interior. Directs the Secretary to establish a steering committee for assistance in providing such employment.

Directs the Secretary of Labor to commence a pilot program to assess the feasibility and advisability of providing veterans seeking employment with access to computing facilities in order to: (1) match veterans with available jobs based on veterans' skills acquired as members of the Armed Forces, and (2) allow employers to post information about available jobs.

Directs the Secretary, as a condition of a grant or contract to a state for certain veterans' employment and training programs, to require the state to demonstrate the consideration of any military training received by a veteran when approving or denying a commercial driver's license or a certification to be a nursing assistant or certified nursing assistant, or an emergency medical technician or paramedic.

Directs the Secretary of Labor to establish minimum funding levels for specified veterans' benefits contracts and grants to ensure that each state receives sufficient funding to support at least one disabled veterans' outreach program specialist and one local veterans' employment representative per 5,000 square miles of service delivery area within the state.

Directs the Secretary of Labor, during the one-year period beginning on the date of enactment of this Act, to provide the Transition Assistance Program to veterans and their spouses at locations other than military installations in at least three and up to five states selected by the Secretary based on the highest rates of veteran unemployment.

Amends the Internal Revenue Code to provide for a 100% continuous levy upon the property and rights of Medicare (title XVIII of the Social Security Act) providers and suppliers neglecting or refusing to pay taxes.

Repeals provisions of the Energy Policy Act of 2005 providing for a program for the research, development, demonstration, and commercial application of technologies for ultra-deepwater and unconventional natural gas and other petroleum resource exploration and production.

Permits the Secretary of State to deny, revoke, or limit a passport to any individual upon receiving certification from the Secretary of the Treasury that such individual has a delinquent tax debt in an amount in excess of $50,000.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum List

Back