GOP blocks funding troops

Ok, seems as though many people want to say that the Republicans voted against the earmarks that are in this bill, and no doubt some of them did. Senator McCain without a doubt. But there is another more important reason that the right tried, unsuccessfully, to hold this bill up.

The other reason was that if they could hold this bill up for just a day or two then the left wouldn't be able to get their stupid healthcare gimme more tax money for nothing bill passed before Christmas and the right would have more time to try to prevent it.

Pretty good reason if you ask me.

Ok, seems as though many people want to say that the Republicans voted against the earmarks that are in this bill, and no doubt some of them did. Senator McCain without a doubt. But there is another more important reason that the right tried, unsuccessfully, to hold this bill up.

The other reason was that if they could hold this bill up for just a day or two then the left wouldn't be able to get their stupid healthcare gimme more tax money for nothing bill passed before Christmas and the right would have more time to try to prevent it.

If Democrats had moved to block a defense spending bill during the Bush years so they could have killed a vote on, let's say, a permanent repeal of the estate tax, you would have howled at the moon and called it high treason.

If Democrats had moved to block a defense spending bill during the Bush years so they could have killed a vote on, let's say, a permanent repeal of the estate tax, you would have howled at the moon and called it high treason.

Might have, but we both know that the Republicans cannot really stop anything right now, and they know it too. but to save the country one has to at least try.

Might have, but we both know that the Republicans cannot really stop anything right now, and they know it too. but to save the country one has to at least try.

No might to it. You would have.

It's bullshit to claim the GOP "hates the troops" because they voted against this due to riders, just as it was bullshit when they pulled the same lines when they had the majority.

That is absolutely true, but turnabout is fair play.

:eusa_angel:

your not a very bright guy are you Joe?.....for you to lump ALL Republicans in with the FAR RIGHT thinking on these matters you pointed out,shows me just how NOT in tune with humanity YOU and many of those like you are....and you notice i did not say ALL Democrats,because I know,that you and your Ilk,are the FAR left,and ANYONE to your right fits very nicely into that group you speak of,and most Democrats have enough common sense to see the difference between a FAR RIGHT WINGER and their philosophy as compared to those to their left....your quoting how the FAR right thinks Einstein.....not the Moderates or even many Conservatives....i know many Repubs who want HEALTH REFORM but dont want the Govt running it.....they breath the same air as you do,they just dont believe the extremists like al gore who is making money off this,and they dont side with the nay sayers,because they know that pollution is going somewhere and doing something so it lies somewhere in the middle....and they can give a rats ass if your gay....just dont shove it down my throat and you will be fine with me,and since most are no doubt lousy practicing Christians,just dont try and shove your religion down my throat and we will get along just fine.....push the release button and the sphincter will eject you....

I'm not going to argue with most of what you said in this post, though I will say that a majority of the Republicans on this board are extremists, but one thing here doesn't make sense to me...

You're concerned about the environment, but you're willing to take the chance that real bad things may happen because you want to prevent Al Gore from making money???

That seems a bit crazy to me.

Last edited:
I'm not going to argue with most of what you said in this post, though I will say that a majority of the Republicans on this board are extremists, but one thing here doesn't make sense to me...

You're concerned about the environment, but you're willing to take the chance that real bad things may happen because you want to prevent Al Gore from making money???

That seems a bit crazy to me.

no thats not what i am saying.....how can you take a guy seriously who is doing some of the things he preaches against,AND is pushing light bulbs that are also bad for the environment while saying they are not AND he is making a buck off his BULLSHIT while doing all this.....Gore represents the Environmemtal extreamist,but he has an agenda,prey on peoples fear,and make MONEY on those he can suck in.....and apparently he is doing a good job of it.....the REAL concerned Environmentalist,those who really believe what they preach.....should tar and feather this basterd....he doesnt help their cause.....because of who he is,he is the face of that movement.....and because of him,millions world wide will not take heed....he is looked at as a wacko and a fraud....

The sad truth is, the party is more important than the country at this moment. That is true of both the Dems and Repubs. The Dems know that a health care bill failure will doom them in 2010 and 2012. The GOP feels that a health care bill success will hurt them in 2010 and 2012. I am not sure either are correct.

The success of either party is wholely dependent on the economy. The GOP is hoping that the recovery will begin in earnest after the 2010 mid terms. They will then see big gains in Congress if that happens. It the economy rebounds in the beginning of 2010, in real umbers, the Dems will benefit. The way I see it, the GOP is going to make gains in both houses in 2010, because recovery will be slow next year. They may even win both houses and block additional legislation from the Obama WH. Obama's re-election hopes depend on the economy and no terrorist hits in the US. I expect many in the GOP are giddy about the prospects. Political gains run in cycles.

GOP Blocks Funding Troops - The Daily Beast

Take gun and shoot self in foot....now repeat...

Somehow, though, I think the Republicans will be able to turn this to their advantage. They're very good at making facts fit the story they want to tell.

Oh get real. No one, absolutely NO ONE is buying the Democrats' pretense that this was a bill about funding the troops in the first place! Do YOU think that is what that bill was really about? Really? LOL It was a bill that -if passed -would force US taxpayers to foot the bill for BAIL OUTS in foreign countries. And thanks SOLELY to Democrats, now American taxpayers WILL foot that bill. Democrats buried that amendment in the bill to fund the troops -in the hopes that Americans would be DECEIVED about the true intent of this bill AND in the hopes that Republicans would believe no bill to fund the troops would be forthcoming without this amendment buried in it to force US taxpayers to pay BILLIONS in bail outs in foreign countries. Republicans refused to vote for a bill to fund troops if it included an amendment intended to rape US taxpayers for billions more in foreign bail outs.

Democrats and liberals are no doubt getting a good belly laugh believing they got another one past the public -even while being true ONLY to their phony, lying ass selves while pretending Republicans opposed funding the troops. They know the truth - Republicans were the ONLY ones who voted to PROTECT US taxpayers. And Democrats, who hold the American public, even their own constituents in utter contempt, as nothing but cattle to be exploited and manipulated - were not only the ones to insert the amendment this rape of US taxpayers, it was DEMOCRATS who voted in favor of that rape. Democrats stuck it in this bill hoping Republicans would be more likely to overlook this INEXCUSABLE amendment if tacked onto a bill funding the troops.

Do you really think Americans will never know why Republicans voted against this bill? Think its just a few people who know and they have been sworn to secrecy or something? LOL Are you STUPID enough to believe that bill had to include forcing US taxpayers to work to pay for world wide bail outs too and couldn't be removed? Democrats are the ones who inserted that REVOLTING amendment in the first place and THEY are the ones who voted to INFLICT IT ON US ALL -and passed it. THEY are the ones who just forced us ALL to start paying for bail outs around the world now -using BILLIONS of dollars we just don't have. At a time we have double digit unemployment. I'd say the way Democrats and Republicans voted on that bill speaks VOLUMES about each side. And so will voters come Nov. 2010.

Now which vote on this bill do you REALLY think is going to be harder to defend to their constituents?

You actually FAVOR having US taxpayers RAPED and forced to foot the bill for the bail out of foreign financial institutions to the tune of BILLIONS -RIGHT? Either that or you are just plain stupid if you really can't figure out why Republicans keep refusing to act like irresponsible Democrats when they are given chance after chance under this out-of-control Democrat Congress intent on spending us into bankruptcy.

It has got to suck to be such a useful idiot. But it does explain why your left wing extremist puppet masters hold you useful idiots in such low esteem. To be an effective useful idiot requires a lack of any critical thinking skills, any ability to think for oneself and to be someone whose greatest passion is to swallow and then regurgitate the left's lying ass propaganda unquestioningly. No matter how often reality and the facts prove it to be lying ass propaganda. Well done.

no thats not what i am saying.....how can you take a guy seriously who is doing some of the things he preaches against,AND is pushing light bulbs that are also bad for the environment while saying they are not AND he is making a buck off his BULLSHIT while doing all this.....Gore represents the Environmemtal extreamist,but he has an agenda,prey on peoples fear,and make MONEY on those he can suck in.....and apparently he is doing a good job of it.....the REAL concerned Environmentalist,those who really believe what they preach.....should tar and feather this basterd....he doesnt help their cause.....because of who he is,he is the face of that movement.....and because of him,millions world wide will not take heed....he is looked at as a wacko and a fraud....

OK.

1. I assume you're talking about CFL Lightbulbs? The ones that last for like 8 years and use much less energy? How exactly are they bad for the environment, relative to regular lightbulbs?

2. How does Al Gore making money off of Global Warming affect the validity of the claims made by the general world scientific community that he communicates?

and

3. The only people who hold Al Gore's former political affiliation against him are Conservative Americans. Overall, a very small percentage of the world population.

OK.

1. I assume you're talking about CFL Lightbulbs? The ones that last for like 8 years and use much less energy? How exactly are they bad for the environment, relative to regular lightbulbs?

2. How does Al Gore making money off of Global Warming affect the validity of the claims made by the general world scientific community that he communicates?

and

3. The only people who hold Al Gore's former political affiliation against him are Conservative Americans. Overall, a very small percentage of the world population.

1)they have Mercury in them....here were i am at in California we have been told by our local Environmental Agency not to Vacuum them up if they break in your house as the Vacuum will disperse the mercury in the air with the air it dispels....they recommend sealing them in baggies when you throw them away.....they also have told us waste reclamation centers will soon start taking them....all this for a dam light bulb.....

2)Al Gore is a hypocrite...and like i said ....to many he is the face of that movement....

3) i never said anything about his former political affiliation....and i work with LOTS of Democrats who feel Al Gore has become a liability to the Environmental Movement....AND these people have told me and produced an article that says Al has mucho money invested in the Company that is behind those light bulbs.....

Last edited:
The ironic aspect is both sides use this "see they're hypocrites" tactic because of procedural moves or opposition to riders by the other side. The hysterical aspect is people actually buy into it. :cuckoo: :lol:

There's truth in what you say. Nevertheless, in this case Republican obstructionism will have a very real effect; Americans could die because of Republican ideological extremism. They don't seem to mind, though.

I think you will find that the minority party always uses some form of obstructionism. Look back several years when the dems were in the same position as the repubs. Neither party has a lock on hypocrisy and that's just politics. Partisan bickering over which party is worse is a dead end as they both are.

They do however like the fact that we take sides, as it takes the focus off of them. There is great strength in numbers if only we could join together. It is disturbing that we have to spend what could be useful time, defending one side or the other, when there is almost no difference between the 2. They both have one singular goal and that is to increase their power. Why is that so hard for so many to understand?

GOP Blocks Funding Troops - The Daily Beast

Take gun and shoot self in foot....now repeat...:lol:

:lol: Oh!!!! you are in the middle to!!huh? So am i.And here i thought that the GOP was Gung-Ho!!! for supporting the military and doing everything in their power, to support them? DUH!!!! WHAT HAPPENED?

Not when there were 5,000 earmarks written into the bill some for defense appropriations that the defense department said they did not need anymore. Remember your meshiahs promise, not to sign anything with earmarks, well he has broken that promise several times, and he has broken the promise of transperency and he has broken the promise of the health care debate being shown on C-Span.

BTW- for you left wing loons, it't the left wing loons that are the majority in the house, the senate and the administration. The republicans don't have the votes to block ANYTHING. They can't do it because they are in the minority.

You three are hilarious. Got any more funny shit to proclaim.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/26/opinion/26mon1.html?_r=1

Mr. Bush and the G.I. Bill

President Bush opposes a new G.I. Bill of Rights. He worries that if the traditional path to college for service members since World War II is improved and expanded for the post-9/11 generation, too many people will take it.

He is wrong, but at least he is consistent. Having saddled the military with a botched, unwinnable war, having squandered soldiers’ lives and failed them in so many ways, the commander in chief now resists giving the troops a chance at better futures out of uniform. He does this on the ground that the bill is too generous and may discourage re-enlistment, further weakening the military he has done so much to break.

President Bush opposes a new G.I. Bill of Rights. He worries that if the traditional path to college for service members since World War II is improved and expanded for the post-9/11 generation, too many people will take it.

He is wrong, but at least he is consistent. Having saddled the military with a botched, unwinnable war, having squandered soldiers’ lives and failed them in so many ways, the commander in chief now resists giving the troops a chance at better futures out of uniform. He does this on the ground that the bill is too generous and may discourage re-enlistment, further weakening the military he has done so much to break.

McCain was even worse. During the election, he boasted that he had a "perfect" voting record with veterans. When challenged at a "town hall" on his true voting record and his scores from veterans groups of 20% and a grade of D, he became enraged.

For too long, Republicans have tricked Americans into believing it is they who are "patriotic". They are a force bent on the destruction of this country. Not to leave it in rubble, but to leave it unrecognizable, not as a country that loves freedom and peace, but a hard right wing theocracy. They evidence is there every time a Michelle Bachman or a Sarah Palin or a Tim Pawlenty or a Bobby Jindal opens his or her mouth.

Truth and facts are the enemies of the Republican Party. Their agenda is built on a foundation of delusion. They see the world as they want it to be and not as it is. When the people of Iraq say they want us dead and when they threw shoes at our president, Republicans were truly confused. THAT WAS NOT HOW IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bush never hurt the military, it was Clinton that caused a mass exodus of senior troops. And last time I checked we were not in an unwinnable war. But that's just my opinion. Oh yes, in case you forgot, Bush isn't President any more.

McCain was even worse. During the election, he boasted that he had a "perfect" voting record with veterans. When challenged at a "town hall" on his true voting record and his scores from veterans groups of 20% and a grade of D, he became enraged.

For too long, Republicans have tricked Americans into believing it is they who are "patriotic". They are a force bent on the destruction of this country. Not to leave it in rubble, but to leave it unrecognizable, not as a country that loves freedom and peace, but a hard right wing theocracy. They evidence is there every time a Michelle Bachman or a Sarah Palin or a Tim Pawlenty or a Bobby Jindal opens his or her mouth.

Truth and facts are the enemies of the Republican Party. Their agenda is built on a foundation of delusion. They see the world as they want it to be and not as it is. When the people of Iraq say they want us dead and when they threw shoes at our president, Republicans were truly confused. THAT WAS NOT HOW IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE!

This must be why only 8.4% of the military claimed to be liberal in 2007.....

Military Times Polls

Forum List

Back