GOP blocks funding troops

The ironic aspect is both sides use this "see they're hypocrites" tactic because of procedural moves or opposition to riders by the other side. The hysterical aspect is people actually buy into it. :cuckoo: :lol:

Don't shatter their illusions, Ring. It is cruel to pick on the stupid. Much better to laugh at them quietly.... by PM. :lol::lol::lol:

Republicans make patriotism a part of their image. When they aren't patriotic, it's news.
Damn you're good, Those blue blinders work wonders for ya don't they. Projection and deflection, the stock in trade of political hacks. Sigh..........

I call 'em like they are.

Republicans are violating what they claim to be their first principles so they can serve their corporate masters.

And who have you chosen to be your master? As much as you rationalize the high road it's still an illusion. The sad thing is that you and your opposites can't or won't see that, hence you are both the problem, not the solution.

GOP Blocks Funding Troops - The Daily Beast

Take gun and shoot self in foot....now repeat...:lol:

They have nothing against supporting the troops, but I don't think they like the idea of spending millions of dollars for a care clinic in outer space which is written into the same bill. Go ahead and try to spin it all you want, but the truth is in the details of this pork barrel filled bill.:clap2:

Maybe you will be able to go to outer space for your health care the next time you need to visit your doctor. :lol::lol: That should surely save some money.:lol::lol::lol:

Then give up on this country and let those of us who still care take care of things

Pointing out partisan hypocrisy is giving up on this country??!! You're kidding, right?

Tell me how the fuck your "everybody is dirty" going to fix anything?

Nice attempt at cherry picking something you interpreted I said. I didn't say everyone was dirty, I said the partisan hacks on both sides are no different than the other. You obviously missed my point completely. You want to fix things stop tossing partisan blame around and learn how to work together - it goes both ways.

Somehow, though, I think the Republicans will be able to turn this to their advantage. They're very good at making facts fit the story they want to tell.
And the Democrats are not?
Politicians from all parties (not just democrats and republicans) distort facts.
Part of the problem is a lazy public.
I've received requests to condense works under 500 words to a single sentence summation by people too lazy to read more than a ten word 'sound bite'

And some more of those 5,000 earmarks written into the same bill which supports our troops.

Remember the Obama promise- I will sign no bill with earmarks, he has already signed the 410 billion dollar Omnibus bill with 9,000 earmarks, when Bush refused to sign on. Now this one with 5,000 earmarks. More from the the hogs in congress. Oink, Oink.

Earmarks 'robust' in House $1T spending bill - USATODAY.com

Among the earmarks:

• Democratic Sens. Daniel Akaka and Daniel Inouye, both of Hawaii, secured $3.15 million for a Financial Education and Pre-Home Ownership Counseling Pilot Program in Hawaii.

Jesse Broder Van Dyke, an Akaka spokesman, said program grants will help identify successful methods of financial education and counseling services, and establish program models for others to deliver those services.

• Rep. Dan Lungren, R-Calif., secured $930,000 for maintaining exhibits at the Aerospace Museum of California in McClellan. "This is still part of the overall property that was essentially the Air Force base that was closed ... over a decade ago," Lungren said. "So this is part of the continuing process of making that whole area viable."

Lungren, who voted against the bill, said if all members gave up their earmarks he would do the same.

• Rep. Leonard Boswell, D-Iowa, secured $750,000 for the World Food Prize Foundation, which has undertaken a $29.8 million project to convert a century-old library in Des Moines into the Norman E. Borlaug Hall of Laureates.

The federal money would go toward educational exhibits on Borlaug, a Nobel Peace Prize winner, and his efforts to end world hunger, said Jane Slusark, a Boswell spokeswoman. "The World Food Prize's Hall of Laureates will teach our children and grandchildren about the state's deep rural roots and the great men and women who have contributed to feeding the world," Boswell said.

Ellis said he is not taking issue with these specific earmarks. He added, however, "I am sure there are millions of dollars that have been wasted in this legislation on these parochial projects."

Contributing: The Associated Press

Last edited:
So you approve of them voting against this CG?

I'll tell you what I disapprove of..... I disapprove of any politician, of any party, who includes fucking earmarks in defense spending, knowing that it will cause other politicians to vote against it - and then using that 'no' vote for politicial capital by twisting it as a vote against our military.

And I am disappointed, but not surprised, that so many fucking liberals resort to this tactic. I keep hoping liberals will prove themselves to be decent, honorable people - and I am continually disappointed - but, again, not surprised, that they are not.

I'll tell you what I disapprove of..... I disapprove of any politician, of any party, who includes fucking earmarks in defense spending, knowing that it will cause other politicians to vote against it - and then using that 'no' vote for politicial capital by twisting it as a vote against our military.

And I am disappointed, but not surprised, that so many fucking liberals resort to this tactic. I keep hoping liberals will prove themselves to be decent, honorable people - and I am continually disappointed - but, again, not surprised, that they are not.

Did you exscoriate the Rs for doing so?

Damn you're good, Those blue blinders work wonders for ya don't they. Projection and deflection, the stock in trade of political hacks. Sigh..........

I call 'em like they are.

Republicans are violating what they claim to be their first principles so they can serve their corporate masters.

And who have you chosen to be your master? As much as you rationalize the high road it's still an illusion. The sad thing is that you and your opposites can't or won't see that, hence you are both the problem, not the solution.

I don't think that's true. Typically, leftists are better educated than rightists and have much better grasp of the principles humanity have most cherished throughout the ages. While I make no claims for myself, I think that's what drives their political activity.

Just look at what are the most important issues in the health care debate: the left wants inclusion and the right wants low taxes. In the global warming debate, the left wants a clean environment for future generations and the right wants low taxes. The right hates homosexuals but the left will tolerate diversity of sexual orientation. The left seeks a world where all religious and spiritual beliefs can coexist. The right wants to impose fundamentalist Christianity on everyone.

On almost every issue, the left is more in tune with humanity's more admirable values than the right.

Pointing out partisan hypocrisy is giving up on this country??!! You're kidding, right?

Tell me how the fuck your "everybody is dirty" going to fix anything?

Nice attempt at cherry picking something you interpreted I said. I didn't say everyone was dirty, I said the partisan hacks on both sides are no different than the other. You obviously missed my point completely. You want to fix things stop tossing partisan blame around and learn how to work together - it goes both ways.

How exactly does anyone work WITH this current R party?

Somehow, though, I think the Republicans will be able to turn this to their advantage. They're very good at making facts fit the story they want to tell.

And the Democrats are not?

Absolutely not. The Democrats are extremely bad at warping reality to their own purposes. They can't. Liberals are too intelligent. They just won't buy the things conservatives will.

Do you think someone like Sarah Palin would have a chance in the Democratic Party?

Did you exscoriate the Rs for doing so?

Yes.

And, for the record - my brothers... who are military.... have no problem with the votes against. What they do have a problem with is pondscum who use it for political capital. Cap fit you?

Is it too hard for you to understand that I expect ALL politicians - no matter what fucking party - to not use the military as fucking political cannon fodder.

And, for the record, each and every poster on here who doesn't call this behavoir abhorrant is, in my opinion, just as worthy of the label 'pondscum' as the politicians they defend.

Is that clear enough for you?

what a load of crap, do you really expect anyomne to buy that you went after the Rs for the same thing?

Forum List

Back