GOP blocks funding troops

The military cuts under Clowntoon were actually started up under Reagan and or ? Bush 1.

Did I mention military cuts? I am talking about voluntarily leaving the service before many planned to or had to. I know because I was one of them. My original plan was to stay another 2 years. When Clinton was elected I decided to retire, along with many other senior NCO's.

no thats not what i am saying.....how can you take a guy seriously who is doing some of the things he preaches against,AND is pushing light bulbs that are also bad for the environment while saying they are not AND he is making a buck off his BULLSHIT while doing all this.....Gore represents the Environmemtal extreamist,but he has an agenda,prey on peoples fear,and make MONEY on those he can suck in.....and apparently he is doing a good job of it.....the REAL concerned Environmentalist,those who really believe what they preach.....should tar and feather this basterd....he doesnt help their cause.....because of who he is,he is the face of that movement.....and because of him,millions world wide will not take heed....he is looked at as a wacko and a fraud....

OK.

1. I assume you're talking about CFL Lightbulbs? The ones that last for like 8 years and use much less energy? How exactly are they bad for the environment, relative to regular lightbulbs?

2. How does Al Gore making money off of Global Warming affect the validity of the claims made by the general world scientific community that he communicates?

and

3. The only people who hold Al Gore's former political affiliation against him are Conservative Americans. Overall, a very small percentage of the world population.

1)they have Mercury in them....here were i am at in California we have been told by our local Environmental Agency not to Vacuum them up if they break in your house as the Vacuum will disperse the mercury in the air with the air it dispels....they recommend sealing them in baggies when you throw them away.....they also have told us waste reclamation centers will soon start taking them....all this for a dam light bulb.....

Have you looked at the new LED bulbs?

LED Light Bulbs - Energy Saving Led Light Bulbs

Home»LED Light Bulbs - LED Lights

LED Light Bulbs - LED Lights

Led Light Bulbs - Start saving money today with Led Light Bulbs!
LED Light Bulbs (light-emitting diodes) have come a long way, now able to replace 75-100 watt incandescent bulbs with equivalent light output and only consuming 3-13 watts, the choice to switch to LED home light bulbs has never been easier. The most notable advantages of LED light bulbs over conventional light bulbs are Led light bulbs last upwards of 50,000 hours, so if you buy a LED light bulb today and leave it on for 8 hours a day you will not have to change for over 10 years; Led light bulbs are very efficient and consume very little electricity, so you will see an immediate decrease in your electric bill. For example, a 7 watt LED home light bulb (60 watt direct replacement) will cost $2.00 a year to run left on for 8 hours a day vs. an incandescent which will cost $20.00 and you will have to change it 2-3 times every year. Imagine how much you can save by switching 4-5 fixtures to LED light bulbs! What’s more LED light bulbs are shatterproof, run cool to the touch, and contain no mercury or hazardous substances like CFL’s so the applications are endless and more importantly safer for your home or business. Earthtech Products makes the switch easy featuring LED light bulbs from CREE the world leader in advanced LED modules and stocking a wide range of LED household bulbs comparable to 45-100 watt incandescent bulbs to suit all of your home or business lighting needs.

2)Al Gore is a hypocrite...and like i said ....to many he is the face of that movement....

Al Gore’s Tennessee Home Completes Green Renovation | Al Gore, Global Warming and 2008

Gore’s Tennessee home, located in the Nashville suburb of Belle Meade, recently completed an exhausting renovation, bringing it entirely up to green standards, even going beyond in most cases.

The renovations included installing a geothermal heating system, adding a rainwater-collection system, and installing solar panels to offset energy consumption. He also replaced all light bulbs in the house with compact fluorescent and diode bulbs, to really drive the point home (we even heard he used these type bulbs on his Xmas tree as well!).

The updates contributed to an 11 percent drop in home energy consumption during the summer (when most Nashville houses report a 25-30% rise).

3) i never said anything about his former political affiliation....and i work with LOTS of Democrats who feel Al Gore has become a liability to the Environmental Movement....AND these people have told me and produced an article that says Al has mucho money invested in the Company that is behind those light bulbs.....

Such Democrats are rather stupid.

It seems to me that the very best way to support our troops is to bring them home and stop letting them be targets for roadside bombers . Both major groups of political thieves and liars wrap themselves in the flag and spout self-serving BS .Until we can enact major campaign finance reform and term limits , this country will continue to be governed by corrupt congressmen who serve first their own interests , second the interests of those who bribe them , and they pretend to serve the public interest at election time .

You three are hilarious. Got any more funny shit to proclaim.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/26/opinion/26mon1.html?_r=1

Mr. Bush and the G.I. Bill

President Bush opposes a new G.I. Bill of Rights. He worries that if the traditional path to college for service members since World War II is improved and expanded for the post-9/11 generation, too many people will take it.

He is wrong, but at least he is consistent. Having saddled the military with a botched, unwinnable war, having squandered soldiers’ lives and failed them in so many ways, the commander in chief now resists giving the troops a chance at better futures out of uniform. He does this on the ground that the bill is too generous and may discourage re-enlistment, further weakening the military he has done so much to break.

McCain was even worse. During the election, he boasted that he had a "perfect" voting record with veterans. When challenged at a "town hall" on his true voting record and his scores from veterans groups of 20% and a grade of D, he became enraged.

For too long, Republicans have tricked Americans into believing it is they who are "patriotic". They are a force bent on the destruction of this country. Not to leave it in rubble, but to leave it unrecognizable, not as a country that loves freedom and peace, but a hard right wing theocracy. They evidence is there every time a Michelle Bachman or a Sarah Palin or a Tim Pawlenty or a Bobby Jindal opens his or her mouth.

Truth and facts are the enemies of the Republican Party. Their agenda is built on a foundation of delusion. They see the world as they want it to be and not as it is. When the people of Iraq say they want us dead and when they threw shoes at our president, Republicans were truly confused. THAT WAS NOT HOW IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE!

Do you ever just shut up, windbag?

Truth and facts are DEFINITELY your enemies.

It seems to me that the very best way to support our troops is to bring them home and stop letting them be targets for roadside bombers . Both major groups of political thieves and liars wrap themselves in the flag and spout self-serving BS .Until we can enact major campaign finance reform and term limits , this country will continue to be governed by corrupt congressmen who serve first their own interests , second the interests of those who bribe them , and they pretend to serve the public interest at election time .

The best way to support our troops is to allow them to do their job.

As for politicians, I refuse to vote for an incumbent.

Forum List

Back