GOP bigotry on display...again.

I seem to remember not so long ago the whole Chick-Fil-A brew ha ha over same sex marriage keep in mind what that was about the CEO making donations to groups that opposed same sex marriage not refusing to serve gay people or hire them or refuse them benefits yet we heard these same screams of bigotry and calls for protest and boycotts and a few Mayors even saying they would not allow Chick-Fil-A to open stores in their city. The CEO opposition to gay marriage was based on his strong religious beliefs yet he did not refuse to serve or hire gays but still got the bigotry label thrown at him seems like the left likes to use the bigotry card only slightly less than they do the race card.

Under this proposed law, he could legally meet them at the door and refuse them entrance just because they're gay. Would you have a problem with that?

Are they wearing a sign?

I am willing to bet the law would not actually allow that. Why don't you link to the text and prove me wrong?

I seem to remember not so long ago the whole Chick-Fil-A brew ha ha over same sex marriage keep in mind what that was about the CEO making donations to groups that opposed same sex marriage not refusing to serve gay people or hire them or refuse them benefits yet we heard these same screams of bigotry and calls for protest and boycotts and a few Mayors even saying they would not allow Chick-Fil-A to open stores in their city. The CEO opposition to gay marriage was based on his strong religious beliefs yet he did not refuse to serve or hire gays but still got the bigotry label thrown at him seems like the left likes to use the bigotry card only slightly less than they do the race card.

Under this proposed law, he could legally meet them at the door and refuse them entrance just because they're gay. Would you have a problem with that?

Given the fact he has never refused to serve gay people at his shops before or hire them makes your question highly irrelevant and pointless.

Yep. the only thing he refused to do was go to the wedding, just like the photographer in New Mexico. If these whinging bitches were not gay no one would even have noticed.

Last edited:
This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."

Washington state bill would allow businesses to deny gays

The target, of course, is homosexuals and the genesis of this bill is the floral shop which declined to sell flowers for a same-sex marriage, claiming it violated their religious principles. The excuse is that "There's a glaring lack of protection for religion in state law," according to Sen. Sharon Brown who filed the bill.

Do tell. A "glaring lack of protection?"

It'll be interesting to see how they'll react when a Muslim shop owner refuses service for a Christian ceremony, won't it?

Thankfully, the bill has little change of passing, but it highlights the GOP's inherent bigotry anyhow.

But let GE Financial withhold a loan from a gun store owner, and.....

:eusa_whistle:

Are you admitting that guns have become like a religious cult in our country?

They, apparently, fly in the face of GE's "strongly held matter of conscience"

The left just can't help themselves. EVERYONE is REQUIRED to like them but they can spew hate relentlessly. I find it odd that they can hate someone for their thoughts but if we in any way disaprove of their flamboyant lifestyles we are immediately called to task.

I will mock those I disaprove of till the end of my days. Don't like it? Tough shit.

PS. For the record I would never refuse anyone's business. But you can still go fuck yourselves and your politically correct nonsense.

ahoy oh acerbic Grampa Murked U,

*paces the decks and considers, whilst chewin' on a lime to combat the onset 'o scurvy*

thats a tough position to take, matey.

on one hand, as a business owner meself, i can really get behind yer sentiment.

on the other hand, i'd be sad if i went with me friends to some establishment fer a few pints 'o grog and the owner stared at me and said, "we don't serve your kind here", or somethin' to that effect.

i mean, that would take the wind outta me sails.

- MeadHallPirate

Last edited:
Are they wearing a sign?

The couple in Washington? No, they weren't "wearing a sign". The florist had done business with the man for a number of years and he even considered them "friends". She knew he was gay and had no problems selling to him through the years...until he asked her to do the arrangements for his civil wedding.

I am willing to bet the law would not actually allow that. Why don't you link to the text and prove me wrong?

Yeah, it kinda would...

(4) Nothing in this section may burden a person or religious organization's freedom of religion including, but not limited to, the right of an individual or entity to deny services if providing those goods or services would be contrary to the individual's or entity
owner's sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience. This subsection does not apply to the denial of services to individuals recognized as a protected class under federal law (So, in other words...just "they gheys") applicable to the state as of the effective date of this section. The right to act or refuse to act in a manner motivated by a sincerely held religious belief, philosophical belief, or matter of conscience may not be burdened unless the government proves that it has a compelling governmental interest in infringing the specific act or refusal to act and has used the least restrictive means to further that interest.​
Senate Bill 5927

So the only oil heating company in town could refuse to sell heating oil to "they gheys" or the only septic pumping company in the county could refuse to pump "the ghey shit" because it's "against their region".

Last edited:
The couple in Washington? No, they weren't "wearing a sign". The florist had done business with the man for a number of years and he even considered them "friends". She knew he was gay and had no problems selling to him through the years...until he asked her to do the arrangements for his civil wedding.

In other words, the florist is not discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation, she just didn't want to do the wedding. Naturally, the bigots jump to the conclusion that this is about homosexuality when it isn't, she just didn't want to go to the wedding.

Yeah, it kinda would...
(4) Nothing in this section may burden a person or religious organization's freedom of religion including, but not limited to, the right of an individual or entity to deny services if providing those goods or services would be contrary to the individual's or entity
owner's sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience. This subsection does not apply to the denial of services to individuals recognized as a protected class under federal law (So, in other words...just "they gheys") applicable to the state as of the effective date of this section. The right to act or refuse to act in a manner motivated by a sincerely held religious belief, philosophical belief, or matter of conscience may not be burdened unless the government proves that it has a compelling governmental interest in infringing the specific act or refusal to act and has used the least restrictive means to further that interest.​
Senate Bill 5927

So the only oil heating company in town could refuse to sell heating oil to "they gheys" or the only septic pumping company in the county could refuse to pump "the ghey shit" because it's "against their region".

It is actually applying the same standards that federal law uses to determine restrictions on religious freedom under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. In fact, I am pretty sure it is exactly the same language used.

In other words, it really wouldn't.

I support anyone's right to refuse business to any person because of their own personal religious beliefs....

I do believe it may be called the first amendment.

Is there not something about freedom of religion in the Constitutuon? A person is entitled to practice their religious beliefs without being discriminated against. That used to be the American way. Conservatives like to shit on the Constitution to satisfy their evil urges and beliefs.

Last edited:
I support anyone's right to refuse business to any person because of their own personal religious beliefs....

Is there not something about freedom of religion in the Constitutuon? A person is entitled to practice their religious beliefs without being discriminated against. That used to be the American way. Conservatives like to shit on the Constitution to satisfy their evil urges and beliefs.

Nope
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Conservatives? Really? Maybe i didn't explain my position right.....

The bigots have been trying to force their beliefs on others forever.

However, they can't do it in the US.

The only one I see forcing their beliefs on others are the people, like you, who want to force people to show up at weddings they do not want to attend, the rest of us are saying the couple is free to go to a different florist.

No one is making you attend any wedding.

But you will not be allowed to deprive anyone of having the wedding they want.

So if I believe that I absolutely have to have three strippers from the club and pork sandwiches served at the local Mosque during my wedding, no one can refuse it?

Is that what you really believe?

The only one I see forcing their beliefs on others are the people, like you, who want to force people to show up at weddings they do not want to attend, the rest of us are saying the couple is free to go to a different florist.

No one is making you attend any wedding.

But you will not be allowed to deprive anyone of having the wedding they want.

So if I believe that I absolutely have to have three strippers from the club and pork sandwiches served at the local Mosque during my wedding, no one can refuse it?

Is that what you really believe?

You need to understand the liberal conception of freedom. It doesn't mean you get to do what you want. It means you get to comply with whatever regulations the government feels justified in inflicting on you. They actually believe that forcing a florist to do business for someone he doesn't want to do business with is perfectly consistent with "freedom."

What religion would have you disrespect another religion?

400665_571935419494994_514383532_n.jpg

What religion would have you disrespect another religion?

Islam would.

This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."

Washington state bill would allow businesses to deny gays

The target, of course, is homosexuals and the genesis of this bill is the floral shop which declined to sell flowers for a same-sex marriage, claiming it violated their religious principles. The excuse is that "There's a glaring lack of protection for religion in state law," according to Sen. Sharon Brown who filed the bill.

Do tell. A "glaring lack of protection?"

It'll be interesting to see how they'll react when a Muslim shop owner refuses service for a Christian ceremony, won't it?

Thankfully, the bill has little change of passing, but it highlights the GOP's inherent bigotry anyhow.

Don't expect it to go very far around here. Do expect Starbucks to weigh in.

Forum List

Back