GOP bigotry on display...again.

The only one I see forcing their beliefs on others are the people, like you, who want to force people to show up at weddings they do not want to attend, the rest of us are saying the couple is free to go to a different florist.

No one is making you attend any wedding.

But you will not be allowed to deprive anyone of having the wedding they want.

Who's deprving them of the wedding they want.....why do you require someone to do it......if that's the case...I think we should have GE loan money to the Klan......they should be forced to do so......yeah I thought you'd run away with that statement down......

You are loony. :D Hey, it's your right; go for it.

This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."

Washington state bill would allow businesses to deny gays

The target, of course, is homosexuals and the genesis of this bill is the floral shop which declined to sell flowers for a same-sex marriage, claiming it violated their religious principles. The excuse is that "There's a glaring lack of protection for religion in state law," according to Sen. Sharon Brown who filed the bill.

Do tell. A "glaring lack of protection?"

It'll be interesting to see how they'll react when a Muslim shop owner refuses service for a Christian ceremony, won't it?

Thankfully, the bill has little change of passing, but it highlights the GOP's inherent bigotry anyhow.

are muslims bigoted when they refuse to run your pork chops and bacon over the scanner in the grocery store? How about when they refuse to let you ride in their cabs if you're carrying a bottle of wine? Or when you have your little dog with you?

Yep. And, if the law allows them to do that (which this law would) it too is bigoted.

I seem to remember not so long ago the whole Chick-Fil-A brew ha ha over same sex marriage keep in mind what that was about the CEO making donations to groups that opposed same sex marriage not refusing to serve gay people or hire them or refuse them benefits yet we heard these same screams of bigotry and calls for protest and boycotts and a few Mayors even saying they would not allow Chick-Fil-A to open stores in their city. The CEO opposition to gay marriage was based on his strong religious beliefs yet he did not refuse to serve or hire gays but still got the bigotry label thrown at him seems like the left likes to use the bigotry card only slightly less than they do the race card.

Under this proposed law, he could legally meet them at the door and refuse them entrance just because they're gay. Would you have a problem with that?

A private business owner should be "allowed" to deny business to any person at any time for any reason.

The free market would then play out. If the business owner were discriminating against skin color or religion or sexual orientation or nose size, word would get around faster than shit through a goose and the bigot would ultimately pay a huge price. Great. Nice and organic that way.

I'm sick of people having to worry about being "allowed" to do something for which they should not have to ask permission in the first fucking place.

The New Right-Wing America?

Attachments

• $NoIrishNeedApply-2.jpg
    $NoIrishNeedApply-2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 37
I seem to remember not so long ago the whole Chick-Fil-A brew ha ha over same sex marriage keep in mind what that was about the CEO making donations to groups that opposed same sex marriage not refusing to serve gay people or hire them or refuse them benefits yet we heard these same screams of bigotry and calls for protest and boycotts and a few Mayors even saying they would not allow Chick-Fil-A to open stores in their city. The CEO opposition to gay marriage was based on his strong religious beliefs yet he did not refuse to serve or hire gays but still got the bigotry label thrown at him seems like the left likes to use the bigotry card only slightly less than they do the race card.

Under this proposed law, he could legally meet them at the door and refuse them entrance just because they're gay. Would you have a problem with that?

If I may put in my two cents worth, yes and no.

Yes, I have a problem with a business owner doing such a bigoted thing and if I knew about it, I would not patronize his/her establishment.

No, I do not believe the government has any business forcing a bigot to pretend not to be a bigot.

Immie

Given the fact he has never refused to serve gay people at his shops before or hire them makes your question highly irrelevant and pointless.

Ummm hummmm. That's what I figured. The usual suspects are lining up to support legalized bigotry, but where's the surprise in that?

I'll bet it'll be a different tune when they walk into a store and the owner says, "Sorry. Selling to anybody with a Mitt Romney bumper sticker is against my philosophical beliefs." Or, "Out of gas? Gee, that's too bad, but selling it to you violates my conscience because I love the earth." Or, "We'd love to have your kid in our private school, but my sincerely held religious beliefs won't let me teach the "wrong" kind of person. And, you're the wrong kind of person."

Extreme examples? Not in the least. In their rush to be seen as "standing up" against the homosexual agenda to massage their bigoted base, they'll once again create a helluva lot more problems than they'll solve and their bias will boomerang back.

I can't wait for the crying then.

You are already crying, and you haven't even been bit yet. Personal freedom of association is an awesome thing with both positive and negative results. However, the word "personal" means that it is everyone's right to choose who to associate with, and not your right to choose which choices are legally acceptable.

Both sides use the bigotry card.

that is true however theres generally one side that employs it with such free abandon, example du jour - oldguy.

anyone who doesn't agree with his view is, presto chango, a bigot, no argument no debate no nuthin' and hes apparently proud of his ignorance to boot.

intellectual thugism and an alsinky acolyte though hes probably to stupid to know who that is anyway....:doubt:

A private business owner should be "allowed" to deny business to any person at any time for any reason.

The free market would then play out. If the business owner were discriminating against skin color or religion or sexual orientation or nose size, word would get around faster than shit through a goose and the bigot would ultimately pay a huge price. Great. Nice and organic that way.

I'm sick of people having to worry about being "allowed" to do something for which they should not have to ask permission in the first fucking place.

The New Right-Wing America?

If it is, then they'll definitely pay the price without the help of the PC Police. I'll be more than happy not to visit their establishment.

Let the loons say what they have to say, nice and loud.

Long live the First Amendment.

th

Last edited:
It should be obvious that if it weren't for yahoo's like those up in Washington state, (and some right here) we wouldn't need anti-discrimination laws in the first place.

Anti-discrimination laws are for hiring purposes and selling/renting homes.

Your OP suggests neither.

Fail/

I can refuse service to a drunk. Am I insensitive to the plight of the sick/alcoholic?
I can refuse service to someone without shoes. AM I insensitive to hippies?

This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."

The target, of course, is homosexuals and the genesis of this bill is the floral shop which declined to sell flowers for a same-sex marriage, claiming it violated their religious principles. The excuse is that "There's a glaring lack of protection for religion in state law," according to Sen. Sharon Brown who filed the bill.

It'll be interesting to see how they'll react when a Muslim shop owner refuses service for a Christian ceremony, won't it?

Thankfully, the bill has little change of passing, but it highlights the GOP's inherent bigotry anyhow.

But let GE Financial withhold a loan from a gun store owner, and.....

:eusa_whistle:

Are you admitting that guns have become like a religious cult in our country?

Simple solution
Take your money else where and buy your boyfriend some flowers.

As I said kid, you just aren't very smart.

You're right, I am not an anarchist, nor a libertarian....I am a Classic Liberal in the orginaal sense...and thats what frightens you about me.

You aren't intelligent enough to out argue me....you aren't smart enough to ignore me...and your ego just keeps you coming back for another bitch slapping.

Let's do it lunger ;)

Your ranting libertarianism simply means you don't want government and you don't want to pay taxes. But you are not an anarchist, kid: that is clear. You are simply loony.

Of course Jake, freedom IS insane to a Statist.

Freedom is anithetical to your particular form of central authoritarianism.

If you think I am a libertarian you aren't very smart Jakey :)

I have read Roo's far wing nut libertarian ranting comments here, and I have come to realize that if he is insane.

Forum List

Back