GOP bigotry on display...again.

Oldguy

Sep 25, 2012
Texas
This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."

Washington state bill would allow businesses to deny gays

The target, of course, is homosexuals and the genesis of this bill is the floral shop which declined to sell flowers for a same-sex marriage, claiming it violated their religious principles. The excuse is that "There's a glaring lack of protection for religion in state law," according to Sen. Sharon Brown who filed the bill.

Do tell. A "glaring lack of protection?"

It'll be interesting to see how they'll react when a Muslim shop owner refuses service for a Christian ceremony, won't it?

Thankfully, the bill has little change of passing, but it highlights the GOP's inherent bigotry anyhow.

This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."

The target, of course, is homosexuals and the genesis of this bill is the floral shop which declined to sell flowers for a same-sex marriage, claiming it violated their religious principles. The excuse is that "There's a glaring lack of protection for religion in state law," according to Sen. Sharon Brown who filed the bill.

It'll be interesting to see how they'll react when a Muslim shop owner refuses service for a Christian ceremony, won't it?

Thankfully, the bill has little change of passing, but it highlights the GOP's inherent bigotry anyhow.

But let GE Financial withhold a loan from a gun store owner, and.....

:eusa_whistle:

Well muslims get all kinds of concessions from you liberals....why is that????

but if muslims dont want to sell, they dont have to.....

why do you force your beliefs on others?

If you want to buttfuck your boyfriend, great, I dont support it and I shouldnt have to.

I thought Liberals were big supporters of the Free Market.. At least they were when GE decided to stop loaning to mom and pop gun stores.

Nobody will care Oldfuck.

Unlike you we think everyone should have the "right" to choose who they do business with and who they don't.

Me, I'd tell you to shove your money up your ass.

It’s also an example of the cowardice of many on the right.

Not really wannabe Lawyer, fuck off.

We don't need your money.

Oh hey, so the First Amendment is cowardly? Sounds just about right for you.

no it's not, it's some people dont think two men swordfighting (in the nude sense, wink , wink) is acceptable and why do you force your beliefs on people?

Here is my question, why if liberals are correct everyone now loves gays, do they care if someone doesnt serve them, they can go to another place and git r dun!

Ummm hummmm. That's what I figured. The usual suspects are lining up to support legalized bigotry, but where's the surprise in that?

I'll bet it'll be a different tune when they walk into a store and the owner says, "Sorry. Selling to anybody with a Mitt Romney bumper sticker is against my philosophical beliefs." Or, "Out of gas? Gee, that's too bad, but selling it to you violates my conscience because I love the earth." Or, "We'd love to have your kid in our private school, but my sincerely held religious beliefs won't let me teach the "wrong" kind of person. And, you're the wrong kind of person."

Extreme examples? Not in the least. In their rush to be seen as "standing up" against the homosexual agenda to massage their bigoted base, they'll once again create a helluva lot more problems than they'll solve and their bias will boomerang back.

I can't wait for the crying then.

But let GE Financial withhold a loan from a gun store owner, and.....

:eusa_whistle:

1st reply to the OP :clap2:

abmOxHx5.jpg

Ummm hummmm. That's what I figured. The usual suspects are lining up to support legalized bigotry, but where's the surprise in that?

I'll bet it'll be a different tune when they walk into a store and the owner says, "Sorry. Selling to anybody with a Mitt Romney bumper sticker is against my philosophical beliefs." Or, "Out of gas? Gee, that's too bad, but selling it to you violates my conscience because I love the earth." Or, "We'd love to have your kid in our private school, but my sincerely held religious beliefs won't let me teach the "wrong" kind of person. And, you're the wrong kind of person."

Extreme examples? Not in the least. In their rush to be seen as "standing up" against the homosexual agenda to massage their bigoted base, they'll once again create a helluva lot more problems than they'll solve and their bias will boomerang back.

Is it all you can do to call it bigotry? What if you had a business? What if in that business you refused service to your so called cadre of bigots? What if you were told you couldn't deny them service? Wouldn't you be fighting for that right too?

Cry less please.

(smile) You stupid fuck, we support freedom and choice.

You fought for it once, but you chose your own brand of communism over being and American.

(smile) You stupid fuck, we support freedom and choice.

You fought for it once, but you chose your own brand of communism over being and American.

Freedom of choice to do what? Refuse to sell a house to queers? Refuse to sell a car to liberals?

I think we've been through the right's idea of "freedom of choice" before and that's why we now have laws to protect those who were the victims of that "freedom of choice."

Is it all you can do to call it bigotry? What if you had a business? What if in that business you refused service to your so called cadre of bigots? What if you were told you couldn't deny them service? Wouldn't you be fighting for that right too?

Cry less please.

Bigotry is the word that fits. Please explain to me how refusing service to someone just because you don't happen to like their lifestyle isn't bigotry.

Forum List

Back