GOP: 90% White and mostly Christian

Until today, my theory was that they make these ludicrous claims for political point scoring. But I think I may have to re-evaluate that. How sad.

Yea, when the government run by Republicans sends out the whole state's law enforcement to look for people that fit your profile, they vote like hell for Republicans.

And yet, Hispanic friends of my family in AZ have no problem with the AZ law. Personally, Bf, I find your attitude towards minorities to be distasteful and racist. The Democrats don't view them as equals, they treat them as pets to be stroked when it is convenient. That, little man, is racist. They are nothing more than a voting block. Your use of race as a weapon to divide Americans is sickening. Shame on you - shame on anyone - Democrat or Republican or anyone else who does likewise.

Your statement perfectly illustrates what it is Republicans "don't get" about the Democratic Party.

Since the Republican Party is 90% white and mostly Christian, they completely ignore that remaining 10%. Groups like the "Log Cabin" Republicans. Mainstream Republicans don't view the "Log Cabin" as "legitimate".

In the Democratic Party, there is no "one big group" that dominates. The largest group is obviously the whites. But take a good look at that group. You have the gays. Probably 95% or more of all gays in the US belong to the Democratic Party. You have "feminists". You have scientists. You have atheists. You see, all these groups have very different agendas.

And it's even difficult finding the dividing line between those groups. There are groups of gay or black or women scientists. There are even conservatives (probably not conservative scientists).

Clearly, the Republican Party is dominated by one very similar group, that is NOT the case within the Democratic Party.

The Democratic Party is only as powerful as it's coalitions. And that's the single biggest difference between the two parties.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, if only the more reasonable on the left would just call them out on their stupidity maybe they would stop
i wont be holding my breath waiting for that
Demographically, the forces at work have chipped away at what was once a GOP-leaning majority in the country. The most important is minorities' rising share of the vote. Whites accounted for 76 percent of the overall electorate last November, down from 85 percent in 1988.

In the last election, there were more than 2 million additional African American voters, about 2 million more Hispanic voters and about a million more Asian American voters.

The Take: GOP Comeback Limited by Demographics, Political Forces - washingtonpost.com

I was a Republican for many years before they dropped off the right end of the scale. I would once again like to be able to vote for a Republican. But I can't support a party whose policies exclude so many people.
what GOP policies exclude anyone?

Which GOP policies don't?

Demographically, the forces at work have chipped away at what was once a GOP-leaning majority in the country. The most important is minorities' rising share of the vote. Whites accounted for 76 percent of the overall electorate last November, down from 85 percent in 1988.

In the last election, there were more than 2 million additional African American voters, about 2 million more Hispanic voters and about a million more Asian American voters.

The Take: GOP Comeback Limited by Demographics, Political Forces - washingtonpost.com

I was a Republican for many years before they dropped off the right end of the scale. I would once again like to be able to vote for a Republican. But I can't support a party whose policies exclude so many people.

Which GOP policies don't?
thanks for admitting there arent any

I know many of the folks in the Democratic Party in our area, and most are not "gays and feminists and atheists and scientists and college professors." The majority are white and Christian as a matter of fact, but not as dominating in those percentages as in our Republican Party.

I'm sure your "limited" range represents the majority of the Democratic Party.:cuckoo:

I don't understand why this makes some people angry when I point out these truths about the Republican Party.

There is NOTHING wrong with a political party being 90% white and mostly Christian.

Some studies say the party could be as little as 89% white. Not a lot of difference.

This is why the Republican Party is the most powerful in the US, because they are a block. The vote as a block. They see their interests as the same.

It's not about who you are, but what you do.

The criticism hasn't been about the party being white, but about the party voting against the interests of the "middle class". The perception that the party works for the interests of corporations over the interests of the average American Citizen.
Prob pointless to ask to see these stats.
You always shrug off any such request
:cuckoo:

That would be, "you're rabid", not "your rabid". Your rabid implies ownership. Just in case you didn't know.

That all you got, hairnet? You've been pwned since your first post.

So pointing out that the "WHITE" people in the Democratic Party are gays and feminists and atheists and scientists and college professors means I have a problem with "white people"?

Just pointing out your unfortunate obsession with racism. You know what a person who is not a racist? The one who never have to refer to it as a matter of course.

Actually, I'm proud of THOSE white people. I'm not proud of the Confederate Conservatives of which you are obviously one. Yuck!

What is a confederate conservative anyway? If anything, I'm a Federalist.

So, Hairnet... is that all you got? More retardation with a side fries?

I don't understand why this makes some people angry when I point out these truths about the Republican Party.

There is NOTHING wrong with a political party being 90% white and mostly Christian.

Some studies say the party could be as little as 89% white. Not a lot of difference.

This is why the Republican Party is the most powerful in the US, because they are a block. The vote as a block. They see their interests as the same.

It's not about who you are, but what you do.

The criticism hasn't been about the party being white, but about the party voting against the interests of the "middle class". The perception that the party works for the interests of corporations over the interests of the average American Citizen.
Prob pointless to ask to see these stats.
You always shrug off any such request
:cuckoo:

Are there "stats" for "perception"?

Speaking of "perception":

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERdVL7OjB1Y]YouTube - Congressman Apologizes to BP Over 'Shakedown'[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-dXJSU6aYE]YouTube - Lt. Gov. of SC: "Don't feed the poor. They'll 'breed.'"[/ame]

52% of the 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut went to the top 1% richest in the nation.

Republicans want to increase the deficit by another 700 billion giving even more to billionaires and millionaires.

The Congressional Budget Office has estimated extending tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans would cost $700 billion over the next decade.

Boehner: I'll Drop Tax Cut for Rich If I Have To - Face The Nation - CBS News

Woman's rights.

Gay rights.

Affirmative Action.

The mishandling of immigration.

Muslim hatred.

Is "stupid" tattooed on your forehead?
again, dipshit
POLICIES
not issues

Those aren't Republican policies? You're kidding, right?
Why do you think they call it a "culture war"?
Because that's what the libs are engaged in. Trying to kill western culture and replace it with some multicultural bullshit nihilism.

Last edited:
Because that's what the libs are engaged in. Trying to kill western culture and replace it with some multicultural bullshit nihilism.
he clearly doesnt understand the difference between an issue and a policy

SURPRISE?:eek:

:eusa_hand:

I wouldn't expect rdean to understand the difference between shit and shineola.

bfgrn said:
I really don't care how you 'feel' or what your 'emotions' are on this issue. Besides your gross ignorance, you exhibit the sickening signs of an authoritarian followers...a passion to punish.

A national survey of police chiefs from around the country discredits the repeated assertion that the death penalty is an important law enforcement tool. While politicians have extolled the importance of capital punishment in fighting crime, they have failed to assess the actual priorities of those in law enforcement and have saddled the taxpayers with an enormously costly death penalty at the expense of more effective crime fighting strategies.

In January, 1995, Peter D. Hart Research Associates conducted a national opinion poll of randomly selected police chiefs in the United States. In that poll, the chiefs had the opportunity to express what they believe really works in fighting crime. They were asked where the death penalty fit in their priorities as leaders in the law enforcement field. What the police chiefs had to say may be surprising to many lawmakers, and to much of the public as well. The Hart Poll found that:

* Police chiefs rank the death penalty last as a way of reducing violent crime, placing it behind curbing drug abuse, more police officers on the streets, lowering the technical barriers to prosecution, longer sentences, and a better economy with more jobs.

* The death penalty was rated as the least cost-effective method for controlling crime.

* Insufficient use of the death penalty is not considered a major problem by the majority of police chiefs.

* Strengthening families and neighborhoods, punishing criminals swiftly and surely, controlling illegal drugs, and gun control are considered much more important than the death penalty.

* Although a majority of the police chiefs support the death penalty in the abstract, when given a choice between the sentence of life without parole plus restitution versus the death penalty, barely half of the chiefssupport capital punishment.

* Police chiefs do not believe that the death penalty significantly reduces the number of homicides.

* Police chiefs do not believe that murderers think about the range of possible punishments.

* Debates about the death penalty distract Congress and state legislatures from focusing on real solutions to crime.

dpic.r0301.gif

dpic.r0303.gif

More
ROF-LAME-O!!!!

Oh yeah, there it is... Jackpoticus Stupidicus Moronite.

Charts and shit with all the trimmings. Arguing an argument you lost 3 months ago.

Oh REALLY biG FIZZZZ? Based on what you emote vs my facts? Yea FIZZZ, I got all those police chiefs to gang up on you and lie...

You're ignorant, and you wear it on your sleeve...proudly

well, if only the more reasonable on the left would just call them out on their stupidity maybe they would stop
i wont be holding my breath waiting for that

By exclusion, I don't mean minorities are physically excluded from the party. I mean that minorities can not support the party because the philosophies and the agenda of the Republican Party and the Tea Party are contrary to the interests of the minorities.

For example, 27% of the Black population, 11% of the Hispanic population, and only 5% of the While population are on welfare. These statistic become even more shocking when you consider that there are 5 times as many Whites as their are Hispanics and 6 times as many Whites as Blacks. Therefore when you propose cutting social welfare programs, you are proposing cuts that are primarily aimed at Blacks, Hispanics and other racial minorities.

The primary beneficiaries of the new healthcare law which Republicans promise to repeal are low income earners which are predominately Black and Hispanic. So again, it is these minorities that are effect the most.

Four times as many Blacks and twice as many Hispanics have abortions than Whites. When you propose curtailing abortion rights, it is again Blacks and Hispanics, that most effected most, not Whites.

Your stand on same sex marriage drives most gays away from the party.

Your stand of social policies, evolution, and global climate change leaves little room for academics and scientists. Only about 6% are Republican.

The minorities in this country are growing. Unless the Republican Party finds a way to include these minorities, the Republican Party will become irrelevant in the 21st century.

Answers.com - What is the race percentage for welfare recipients
Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Only Six Percent of Scientists Republican, 55 Percent Democrat - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/18/education/18faculty.html

wow, you are as fucking stupid as rdean

My advice is never to read any posts that are written in bold, multicolored, oversized, text. These people are attention seeking morons who are so desperately afraid that their words will not be noticed that they feel they must draw attention to themselves. They are life's losers.

he clearly doesnt understand the difference between an issue and a policy

Limiting women's rights and gay rights are CLEARLY the policy of the Republican party. You are such a dumbass.

What is wrong with your people? Is it the "inbreeding"?

Forum List

Back