GOP: 90% White and mostly Christian

R

rdean

I don't understand why this makes some people angry when I point out these truths about the Republican Party.

There is NOTHING wrong with a political party being 90% white and mostly Christian.

Some studies say the party could be as little as 89% white. Not a lot of difference.

This is why the Republican Party is the most powerful in the US, because they are a block. The vote as a block. They see their interests as the same.

It's not about who you are, but what you do.

The criticism hasn't been about the party being white, but about the party voting against the interests of the "middle class". The perception that the party works for the interests of corporations over the interests of the average American Citizen.

There are more black Republicans running for Congress than there are pro-life Democrats.

I don't understand why this makes some people angry when I point out these truths about the Republican Party.

There is NOTHING wrong with a political party being 90% white and mostly Christian.

Some studies say the party could be as little as 89% white. Not a lot of difference.

This is why the Republican Party is the most powerful in the US, because they are a block. The vote as a block. They see their interests as the same.

The criticism hasn't been about the party being white, but about the party voting against the interests of the "middle class". The perception that the party works for the interests of corporations over the interests of the average American Citizen.

People do not always report their party affiliations accurately to pollsters, and they do not always vote in line with their party. Is Nikki Haley white? Is Bobby Jindal white?

WTF is your point, rdean? Are you implying every Jew or Muslim in America is a Democrat?

Get over yourself. People vote as they believe, not by their race or religion.

There are more black Republicans running for Congress than there are pro-life Democrats.

Well, the primary data are now in — and Johnson’s claim that 2010 would be a record year is out the window. Only 13 African Americans are left running for the House on the GOP ticket this fall. That’s a higher number than in recent cycles, but nowhere near record levels — and far below the number running just a decade ago.

The highest number of African Americans to run for the House as Republican Party nominees came in 1994, when 24 ran for office — and just one, J.C. Watts, won office. Despite the fact that 79 African Americans ran as GOP House nominees over the next decade, and 5 won nominations in Senate fights, according to Joint Center data, none were able to replicate Watts’s feat and win a general-election battle for the Republicans.

Not a record year for black Republicans, after all | Politerati

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsNJJIMwAB0]YouTube - Glee - Don't Rain On My Parade, Sectionals[/ame]

I'm sorry "Poopsie". I'm sorry I rained on your parade. This is why you guys hate me so. FACTS are such a drag to your imaginary world view. Shame.

Last edited by a moderator:

People do not always report their party affiliations accurately to pollsters, and they do not always vote in line with their party. Is Nikki Haley white? Is Bobby Jindal white?

WTF is your point, rdean? Are you implying every Jew or Muslim in America is a Democrat?

Get over yourself. People vote as they believe, not by their race or religion.

Jews? Not so sure. Muslims? Do you really think that after the last couple of months, there is a single one left in the Republican Party? Seriously?

It makes people angry because it's a left-handed way of calling them racists...That and dopes like you can't hardly figure out what's in your own best interest, let alone that of people you don't even know.

Tell ya what...You go to local GOP caucuses, monthly local meet-ups and state & national conventions, to let us know if there are any bouncers at the doors to keep out anyone who isn't lily white.

Well, the primary data are now in — and Johnson’s claim that 2010 would be a record year is out the window. Only 13 African Americans are left running for the House on the GOP ticket this fall. That’s a higher number than in recent cycles, but nowhere near record levels — and far below the number running just a decade ago.

The highest number of African Americans to run for the House as Republican Party nominees came in 1994, when 24 ran for office — and just one, J.C. Watts, won office. Despite the fact that 79 African Americans ran as GOP House nominees over the next decade, and 5 won nominations in Senate fights, according to Joint Center data, none were able to replicate Watts’s feat and win a general-election battle for the Republicans.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsNJJIMwAB0]YouTube - Glee - Don't Rain On My Parade, Sectionals[/ame]

I'm sorry "Poopsie". I'm sorry I rained on your parade. This is why you guys hate me so. FACTS are such a drag to your imaginary world view. Shame.

How many pro-Life Democrats are there?

rdean, is there a point to all this race-baiting?

Race baiting?

It's not me in denial. The Republican Party is 90% white. They are an exclusionary political party with a limited agenda.

For those that insist the Democratic Party and the Republican Party are the same, I say they are not.

Their base is different, their views are different and their goals are very different.

Democrats want to help the Middle Class. Republicans can hardly bring themselves to say the words.

How many pro-Life Democrats are there?

The Democratic Party is very diverse. Since there are many Blue Dogs, I suspect there are many who are anti women's rights. Don't tell me you are agreeing with me.

It makes people angry because it's a left-handed way of calling them racists...That and dopes like you can't hardly figure out what's in your own best interest, let alone that of people you don't even know.

Tell ya what...You go to local GOP caucuses, monthly local meet-ups and state & national conventions, to let us know if there are any bouncers at the doors to keep out anyone who isn't lily white.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8PqIJmuBuM&feature]YouTube - RNC ILLEGAL MASS ARREST -PART 1- SHEPARD RD 9/1/08[/ame]

Incredible Footage of Mass Arrest During Republican Convention | NowPublic News Coverage

While we knew that protesters and even some journalists were being arrested, most of those arrested on camera were just families, people attending a concert across the river or people hanging out at the park.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Among the causes for the injuries reportedly treated by the group: "pepper bullets, pepperspray, beatings, strangleholds, clubbing, cuts, scrapes, bruises, handcuff injuries, exhaustion, dehydration, heat illness, exposure to the elements, asthma attacks, psychological emergencies, and some serious medical emergencies."

Several Portland 'street medics' arrested at Republican convention protests | OregonLive.com

------------------------------------------------------------

2004 Republican National Convention protest activity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

--------------------------------------------------------------

Well, there's another theory out the window.

Mass arrests? You mean like how Dem hero FDR arrested Japanese Americans?

I was talking about recent events. You are talking about something from 70 years ago?

Sarah, can I have an "eyeroll" please:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85wOCIDgu1U&feature=related]YouTube - Sarah Palin - The eyeroll that did not happen - Homer, Alaska, August 7, 2010[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbL9vr4Q2LU]YouTube - Ella Fitzgerald : One note Samba (scat singing) 1969[/ame]

Forum List

Back