Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I now get from approx 20 minutes ago an error message using Google Chrome to not allow access to US Messageboard as now Not Secure situation and that US Messageboard valid certificate expire now and that Google Chrome now not allow access because of stealing informations on personal things and credit cards etc

So I am posting this OP using different Browser and you can notice it allow me to access this forum. I have not AdBloc on this Browser but now go and do because WTF the ads on this forum are crazy x 1000

Mods and/or Admin and also other forum members if using Google Chrome you have the same problem as I explain above or not having?
Disable your SSL Certificates in settings.

Before you do this make sure Chrome is the latest version as that alone might fix the problem.

Okay I can see no option to allow me to Disable SSL Certificates.
Tools,
Options,
Advanced settings.

1. Open Google Chrome
  2. Click the Chrome menu button
    Note: The button is in the upper right of the browser and is indicated by three horizontal dots.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Scroll down to System or enter Proxy into the Search settings field.
  5. Click Open proxy settings.
  6. Click the Advanced tab
  7. Check or uncheck the options for Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0
  8. Close the Settings tab
  9. Exit and relaunch the browser
Now this could open you up if you're visiting secure sites, banking, bill pay, etc........ Unless you're using SSL 3.0.

Thanks Ringel but doesn't really help, as I do indeed use secure sites, banks, PayPal, financial advisor etc. Not risking that.

Seems to me this is something USMB should be fixing, not us.

No mods have commented thus far. Perhaps they can't get in either. :eek:

Death Angel say he is using Google Chrome and okay but this on his phone and not on laptop, tablet etc. I add that even though that square for Use SSL 3.0 NOT clicked in I have had ZERO problems access this forum with Google Chrome this until several hours ago it occur and so confusion now why this occur.

Hello

I now get from approx 20 minutes ago an error message using Google Chrome to not allow access to US Messageboard as now Not Secure situation and that US Messageboard valid certificate expire now and that Google Chrome now not allow access because of stealing informations on personal things and credit cards etc

So I am posting this OP using different Browser and you can notice it allow me to access this forum. I have not AdBloc on this Browser but now go and do because WTF the ads on this forum are crazy x 1000

Mods and/or Admin and also other forum members if using Google Chrome you have the same problem as I explain above or not having?

Before you do this make sure Chrome is the latest version as that alone might fix the problem.

Tools,
Options,
Advanced settings.

1. Open Google Chrome
    Note: The button is in the upper right of the browser and is indicated by three horizontal dots.
  3. Click Settings.
Now this could open you up if you're visiting secure sites, banking, bill pay, etc........ Unless you're using SSL 3.0.

Thanks Ringel but doesn't really help, as I do indeed use secure sites, banks, PayPal, financial advisor etc. Not risking that.

Death Angel say he is using Google Chrome and okay but this on his phone and not on laptop, tablet etc. I add that even though that square for Use SSL 3.0 NOT clicked in I have had ZERO problems access this forum with Google Chrome this until several hours ago it occur and so confusion now why this occur.

Yes, same for me. I have never seen this message before today.

Still seems to me that if a site's certificate has expired, what needs to happen is for the site to renew it, not for its users to find ways around the old one.

OK just checked for Brave updates, there was one which would effect upon relaunch, and I did that.

Soon as I did I still got the same message which reads (copied it this time):

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.usmessageboard.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

This server could not prove that it is www.usmessageboard.com; its security certificate expired yesterday. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Sunday, April 28, 2019. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.​

That is the SAME Error Message that we get with Google Chrome.

Hello

Tools,
Options,
Advanced settings.

1. Open Google Chrome
  3. Click Settings.

It's not really the USMB, it's Google settings. Just make sure 'Use 3.0' is checked. If that doesn't fix it then hopefully someone with much more Internet knowledge than me will chime in.

Hello

Tools,
Options,
Advanced settings.

1. Open Google Chrome
  3. Click Settings.

It's not really the USMB, it's Google settings. Just make sure 'Use 3.0' is checked. If that doesn't fix it then hopefully someone with much more Internet knowledge than me will chime in.

If it's not really USMB ----- then what is it that "expired yesterday"? :eusa_think:

Haven't been able to find anywhere to check "use 3.0" yet...

Tools,
Options,
Advanced settings.

1. Open Google Chrome
  3. Click Settings.

Yes, same for me. I have never seen this message before today.

I agree with you I think this situation that I also mention in my OP that this is a situation to be fixed by Admin at Forum Foundry and this not then a situation that we can fix and that in the Error Message it say that the Valid Certificate for this DOMAIN ie. www.usmessageboard.com EXPIRES TODAY 28 Apr 2019 so I think then that Admin update the Valid Certificate from their side.

Hello

I'm using Chrome with Windows 10 and am not having any problems.

Hello

Tools,
Options,
Advanced settings.

1. Open Google Chrome
  3. Click Settings.

I can access as NORMAL every other website I go to, I have been in my email, then YouTube then several news organisations websites and no problem no Error Message I ONLY get that Error Message for USMB.

Hello

I have been getting that message for about 2 months using the iPhone Safari browser.

Hello

I'm using Chrome with Windows 10 and am not having any problems.

Goddam 10 users :death:

OK just checked for Brave updates, there was one which would effect upon relaunch, and I did that.

Soon as I did I still got the same message which reads (copied it this time):

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.usmessageboard.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

This server could not prove that it is www.usmessageboard.com; its security certificate expired yesterday. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Sunday, April 28, 2019. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.​
Don't quote me but it may have actually been the update, it doesn't "like" USMB's 2.0 certificate if it even has one (assumption on my part).

Hello

In Chrome settings, Go to advance, security and enable TLS 1.1

USMB uses an outdated encryption method that Chrome blocks by default.

Tools,
Options,
Advanced settings.

1. Open Google Chrome
  3. Click Settings.

If it's not really USMB ----- then what is it that "expired yesterday"? :eusa_think:

Like I said, hopefully someone with a strong IT background who understands SSL will chime in. SSL is not one of my strong points.

Hello

See I knew someone who understood this better than I would chime in. :thup:

Tools,
Options,
Advanced settings.

1. Open Google Chrome
  3. Click Settings.

Like I said, hopefully someone with a strong IT background who understands SSL will chime in. SSL is not one of my strong points.

Thanks for your input thus far, it's appreciated.

We were hoping somebody from the site would chime in.

Hello

Okay I look and I ALREADY have Enable TLS 1.1 in that square it already is checked and so if already checked it cannot be that because that was already in operation.

Tools,
Options,
Advanced settings.

1. Open Google Chrome
  3. Click Settings.

I already have Use SSL 3.0 it already is checked in the square.

Edit: Sorry NOT already checked in the square do not want to check because not sure if that mean then risk in operation for Banking, purchasing things off Amazon etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back