What is the little eye thing that notes a thread is watched?

Whenever you visit a thread, that makes it watched, and it probably shows up in your Alerts as well. You probably can Edit these settings. It only changes your own usage of the website.

Watched by whom and for what?
You can turn it off, somewhere in your profile it gives you the option. I had to turn mine off because it also sent me an email every time a thread I had posted in got another response. My email got pretty full pretty quick.

You can turn it off, somewhere in your profile it gives you the option. I had to turn mine off because it also sent me an email every time a thread I had posted in got another response. My email got pretty full pretty quick.

I don't get any e-mail notifications but I do get the CBS eye thingy. I think that's a separate setting.

It just means you've sullied your reputation by visiting that particular thread and will never live it down and it's a big red mark on your soul when you get to heaven and you find Saint Peter taking WAY too long to look at your record and he beckons you to go and wait in the side room that says "Group W".

Actually I suspect it goes away if you unwatch the thread...

I don't get any e-mail notifications but I do get the CBS eye thingy. I think that's a separate setting.

It just means you've sullied your reputation by visiting that particular thread and will never live it down and it's a big red mark on your soul when you get to heaven and you find Saint Peter taking WAY too long to look at your record and he beckons you to go and wait in the side room that says "Group W".

Actually I suspect it goes away if you unwatch the thread...
I have no eye thingies

I hardly ever use my email address and mine was up to almost 10,000 unread messages before I finally noticed it.

Forum List

Back