Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be the board fairies are trying to oppress you.

As a Right-Wing Totalitarian I am not tolerating this they ALL must be rounded up NOW and airdropped into Gitmo and they to be forced to drink own Fairy urine and also I add to eat red ants :smoke:

Oosie, let me supply the ants. We have what we call "fire ants".

Yeah, that's real. :FIREdevil:

I got the same message a few minutes ago when I first decided there was nothing better on the internet that USMB :eusa_shifty:

I'm using the Brave browser, which is based on Chrome.

Looks like USMB didn't pay their bills?

Hello

I now get from approx 20 minutes ago an error message using Google Chrome to not allow access to US Messageboard as now Not Secure situation and that US Messageboard valid certificate expire now and that Google Chrome now not allow access because of stealing informations on personal things and credit cards etc

So I am posting this OP using different Browser and you can notice it allow me to access this forum. I have not AdBloc on this Browser but now go and do because WTF the ads on this forum are crazy x 1000

Mods and/or Admin and also other forum members if using Google Chrome you have the same problem as I explain above or not having?
Disable your SSL Certificates in settings.

Okay I can see no option to allow me to Disable SSL Certificates.

As a Right-Wing Totalitarian I am not tolerating this they ALL must be rounded up NOW and airdropped into Gitmo and they to be forced to drink own Fairy urine and also I add to eat red ants :smoke:

I got the same message a few minutes ago when I first decided there was nothing better on the internet that USMB :eusa_shifty:

I think I see those fire ants when I was in Texas.

You get the same as below:

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
Subject: usmessageboard.com

Issuer: Let's Encrypt Authority X3

Expires on: 28 Apr 2019

Current date: 28 Apr 2019

Bizarro that others with Google Chrome not getting the above but I get and now you say you also.

Hello

I now get from approx 20 minutes ago an error message using Google Chrome to not allow access to US Messageboard as now Not Secure situation and that US Messageboard valid certificate expire now and that Google Chrome now not allow access because of stealing informations on personal things and credit cards etc

So I am posting this OP using different Browser and you can notice it allow me to access this forum. I have not AdBloc on this Browser but now go and do because WTF the ads on this forum are crazy x 1000

Mods and/or Admin and also other forum members if using Google Chrome you have the same problem as I explain above or not having?

I can find mine under Settings/Advanced, but I'd like to know more about what risks it puts on me for other sites :dunno:

ED - actually I can find where to go into SSL settings but what to do once in there is not at all clear. It does however offer a "Learn more about certificates" box which opens up a three-year course on the arcanities of all kinds of crapola I had no intention of spending my Sunday learning....

Last edited:

Bizarro that others with Google Chrome not getting the above but I get and now you say you also.

Yes I couldn't back up to return the same message but I remember it did say the certificate expired yesterday and wanted me to verify that my system has correct date and time (it does).

Yes I couldn't back up to return the same message but I remember it did say the certificate expired yesterday and wanted me to verify that my system has correct date and time (it does).

The same as me it ask about the date and time to say okay yes that is the date and time.

Hello

I can find mine under Settings/Advanced, but I'd like to know more about what risks it puts on me for other sites :dunno:

I now also have this Settings/Advanced but not sure what you unclick because the same as you what risks this occur if I unclick.

Hello

I now also have this Settings/Advanced but not sure what you unclick because the same as you what risks this occur if I unclick.

Yes it's not at all straightforward as to how to do it. :dunno:

Hello

Before you do this make sure Chrome is the latest version as that alone might fix the problem.

Tools,
Options,
Advanced settings.

1. Open Google Chrome
  2. Click the Chrome menu button
    Note: The button is in the upper right of the browser and is indicated by three horizontal dots.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Scroll down to System or enter Proxy into the Search settings field.
  5. Click Open proxy settings.
  6. Click the Advanced tab
  7. Check or uncheck the options for Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0
  8. Close the Settings tab
  9. Exit and relaunch the browser
Now this could open you up if you're visiting secure sites, banking, bill pay, etc........ Unless you're using SSL 3.0.

At this moment I am okay with this other Browser but not at this moment have I got AdBlocPlus on it and so MEGA Ads but not that disaster and so I will install AdBlocPlus in I think approx after dinner with kidlets, until then I am okay seeing Ads for Russian Prostitutes and Single Muslim Women. WTF?! WHERE are ALL the sexy MALE Stripograms I was thinking that they had the Ads on this forum :smoke:

At this moment I am okay with this other Browser but not at this moment have I got AdBlocPlus on it and so MEGA Ads but not that disaster and so I will install AdBlocPlus in I think approx after dinner with kidlets, until then I am okay seeing Ads for Russian Prostitutes and Single Muslim Women. WTF?! WHERE are ALL the sexy MALE Stripograms I was thinking that they had the Ads on this forum :smoke:

If that's a request I'll PM you. :D

Hello

ED - actually I can find where to go into SSL settings but what to do once in there is not at all clear. It does however offer a "Learn more about certificates" box which opens up a three-year course on the arcanities of all kinds of crapola I had no intention of spending my Sunday learning....
Google stopped support for SSL 2.0 with Google 38, if 2.0 is selected that could be the problem but the primary trick (as one tech put it) is "update your $(&^%$#$^ browser......." :lol:

Hello

Before you do this make sure Chrome is the latest version as that alone might fix the problem.

Tools,
Options,
Advanced settings.

1. Open Google Chrome
    Note: The button is in the upper right of the browser and is indicated by three horizontal dots.
  3. Click Settings.
Now this could open you up if you're visiting secure sites, banking, bill pay, etc........ Unless you're using SSL 3.0.

Thanks Ringel but doesn't really help, as I do indeed use secure sites, banks, PayPal, financial advisor etc. Not risking that.

Seems to me this is something USMB should be fixing, not us.

No mods have commented thus far. Perhaps they can't get in either. :eek:

Hello

Google stopped support for SSL 2.0 with Google 38, if 2.0 is selected that could be the problem but the primary trick (as one tech put it) is "update your $(&^%$#$^ browser......." :lol:

Not using Google though.

But the words of another tech that worked on something else years ago, I forget what it was but it was a lot of work, still ring in my ear. He said:

"I'd stay away from any 'updates' " :lol:

Hello

Tools,
Options,
Advanced settings.

1. Open Google Chrome
  3. Click Settings.

Okay so the square for Use SSL 3.0 is not checked, so you are saying to me to check it?

Also IF I check the square for Use SSL 3.0 are you 100% certain this will NOT give any risks if banking online, paying bills, getting whatever off Amazon with credit card etc? If not 100% certain then I think not to click square for Use SSL 3.0.

OK just checked for Brave updates, there was one which would effect upon relaunch, and I did that.

Soon as I did I still got the same message which reads (copied it this time):

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.usmessageboard.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

This server could not prove that it is www.usmessageboard.com; its security certificate expired yesterday. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Sunday, April 28, 2019. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back