Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's very interesting Oosie. So Opera is now doing the same thing, yet wasn't doing it yesterday?

Next time you get the error see if you can at least copy and paste the text.

What I do for screenshots is, punch the "print screen" button (which puts whatever is on the screen into the clipboard), then paste that image into a text document, then right-click the image and select "save graphics" and save it as a JPEG, which I can then crop with a photo editor to snip out any personal info on the screen. Just FYI

It will not let me copy and paste it OR do a Screen Shoot, the Error Message in Google Chrome did at least let me copy and paste it.

That's OK Oosie, I believe you.

You know that's what I always liked about you. You're honest. :smiliehug:

For you ogo also :smiliehug:

Well, we still have no resolution, forced to navigate through error message workarounds. It would appear USMB has abandoned their own site. They have enough moderation to come in and scrub troll posts so they're aware of the thread but apparently nobody cares.

What are we to do then?

I have no answer. You did the right thing starting this thread, although it involves more than Chrome. I was on my way to start such a thread when the same thing happened on my browser, and I saw your thread. This is supposed to be how the site wants to be notified, and they seem to be ignoring the whole thing. It may be the beginning of the end.

I wonder if the site has in fact responded to any tech issues at all lately? :dunno:

It will not let me copy and paste it OR do a Screen Shoot, the Error Message in Google Chrome did at least let me copy and paste it.

Well, we still have no resolution, forced to navigate through error message workarounds. It would appear USMB has abandoned their own site. They have enough moderation to come in and scrub troll posts so they're aware of the thread but apparently nobody cares.

What are we to do then?

I have no answer. You did the right thing starting this thread, although it involves more than Chrome. I was on my way to start such a thread when the same thing happened on my browser, and I saw your thread. This is supposed to be how the site wants to be notified, and they seem to be ignoring the whole thing. It may be the beginning of the end.

I wonder if the site has in fact responded to any tech issues at all lately? :dunno:

I am not sure who you are referring to....??

What are we to do then?

Anyone and everyone who might have any answer or idea at all. We've got zero answer from the site after four days. Even just to click reply here I had to refresh, go through the error message and workaround back in. It's kind of strange that nobody has even acknowledged the question, let alone addressed it.

I found what I thought was the name of an administrator "elchorizo" and addressed him but still, nothing.

Chrome, Firefox, Brave and now Opera, all reporting the same error. I still have seen no such error on any other site anywhere. Lucy changed her entire browser, still got the error. We're completely in the dark. And every post we make, we have to jump through hoops. If the site is seeing a dip in activity, I strongly suspect that's why.

What are we to do then?

Anyone and everyone who might have any answer or idea at all. We've got zero answer from the site after four days. Even just to click reply here I had to refresh, go through the error message and workaround back in. It's kind of strange that nobody has even acknowledged the question, let alone addressed it.

I found what I thought was the name of an administrator "elchorizo" and addressed him but still, nothing.

Chrome, Firefox, Brave and now Opera, all reporting the same error. I still have seen no such error on any other site anywhere. Lucy changed her entire browser, still got the error. We're completely in the dark. And every post we make, we have to jump through hoops. If the site is seeing a dip in activity, I strongly suspect that's why.

So strange, and I do not get it, but I get no errors....(crosses fingers). I will do what I can to help figure it out...

What are we to do then?

So strange, and I do not get it, but I get no errors....(crosses fingers). I will do what I can to help figure it out...

Well if we go down, me and ogo and the others who have got these messages, and we can not access this forum anymore then in advance thank you for allowing me to post here for nearly four years and for tolerating me or whatever. And even the ones who I have argued with on the Left, I have got SOMETHING from those arguments, I would rather argue with that crowd than NOT because at least it illustrates that they have passion for what they think even if I do not agree with it.

What are we to do then?

"I still have seen no such error on any other site anywhere."

The SAME with me, not seen that error on any other site anywhere ONLY on THIS forum it appear. So the problem I think is NOT our individual systems, the problem HAS to be with THIS forum. AND just because the others have not YET got this error message does NOT mean they are NOT going to NOT get it at some point.

What are we to do then?

Well if we go down, me and ogo and the others who have got these messages, and we can not access this forum anymore then in advance thank you for allowing me to post here for nearly four years and for tolerating me or whatever. And even the ones who I have argued with on the Left, I have got SOMETHING from those arguments, I would rather argue with that crowd than NOT because at least it illustrates that they have passion for what they think even if I do not agree with it.

You're not going anywhere.

What are we to do then?

"I still have seen no such error on any other site anywhere."

The SAME with me, not seen that error on any other site anywhere ONLY on THIS forum it appear. So the problem I think is NOT our individual systems, the problem HAS to be with THIS forum. AND just because the others have not YET got this error message does NOT mean they are NOT going to NOT get it at some point.

Very possible.

Hello

I now get from approx 20 minutes ago an error message using Google Chrome to not allow access to US Messageboard as now Not Secure situation and that US Messageboard valid certificate expire now and that Google Chrome now not allow access because of stealing informations on personal things and credit cards etc

So I am posting this OP using different Browser and you can notice it allow me to access this forum. I have not AdBloc on this Browser but now go and do because WTF the ads on this forum are crazy x 1000

Mods and/or Admin and also other forum members if using Google Chrome you have the same problem as I explain above or not having?

Absolutely no issue with Chrome blocking access to USMB for me.. I run it on several of my desktops. There's a lot of EU energy going into regulating access to the Internet.. Including special EU settings for browsers.

As for the "site not secure" issue -- there's a war on between authorities granting certificates. It's like having multiple mafia orgs shaking you down for payments. They all don't recognize each other as "official"...

There is NOTHING to be stolen on USMB except your password. Which is accessible only at the highest Admin level.. So "security" for messageboard content is unlike most commercial sites or sites like Facebook that leverage log-ins at commercial sites.

If you donate to USMB, do it BY MAIL if you're concerned and then there's no security issue except in the minds of the internet gate-keepers and your EU "federal government"...

Hello

I now get from approx 20 minutes ago an error message using Google Chrome to not allow access to US Messageboard as now Not Secure situation and that US Messageboard valid certificate expire now and that Google Chrome now not allow access because of stealing informations on personal things and credit cards etc

So I am posting this OP using different Browser and you can notice it allow me to access this forum. I have not AdBloc on this Browser but now go and do because WTF the ads on this forum are crazy x 1000

Mods and/or Admin and also other forum members if using Google Chrome you have the same problem as I explain above or not having?

A lot of people are storing links, hotkeys, desktop widgets to the site PREFACED with https:// --- rather than just plain http:// .... Try https://www.usmessageboard.com to GET that warning.. Then try http://www.usmessageboard.com to NOT get that warning..

Then ditch what ever stored link, hotkey, or desktop widget had the WRONG http prefix on it... :113:

Pogo -- you too... if you're getting that message about site security it's because you're using a link that forces access to a "secure site"...

Last edited:
I recommend using the Brave browser. It works fine here.

Hello

Same thing happened to me either Sunday or Monday,
certificate expired the day before...using Safari

I restarted my IPad and it was fine

Hello

Disable your SSL Certificates in settings.
ROFLMFAO ...Horrible advice

NO, DO NOT DO THAT

Hello

Update:

I can now access this forum with Google Chrome if I do http:// before the www.usmessageboard.com but then I get to forum main page and when I attempt to log in it will not allow me to log in.
I use https:// to access the site

Hello

Update:

I can now access this forum with Google Chrome if I do http:// before the www.usmessageboard.com but then I get to forum main page and when I attempt to log in it will not allow me to log in.
I use https:// to access the site

Do you? Were you when you had errors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back