Good News.. road to the bridge to nowhere complete...

And that is fine. That is pretty messed up, but there is still no reason to bring it up in every thread even when it has nothing to do with the topic. Especially since this is the first time anyone has actually been able to answer the question. People that make politicians out to be saints are bound to be disappointed.
i can agree with you on that one
very few politicians are trustworthy

Can you make up your mind just WHAT exactly the acusations are?

The "bridge to nowhere" appears to go somewhere, as well as the road leading up to it, and obviously, if you lived there, YOU would see a reason for it.

Your own article says Palin is the one that killed the project. So how does that fit in with all the mudslinging by the left that she wanted a bridge to nowhere?

Not that I'm trying to be logical or anything ....
Actually my friend who lives there sees no point for it. And the reason for the high cost for the bridge is because of the high travel in the channel. THere are major cruise lines that go in their everyday, freighter ships, and other water traffic. Why put a bridge somewhere where it would make such money making ventures for difficult. You don't move to alaska to live in the city! What about the people who have to fly in and out of where they live. Should we build a highway there. You don't build your house next to powerlines then bitch to the power company because their is powerlines in your backyard!

Actually my friend who lives there sees no point for it. And the reason for the high cost for the bridge is because of the high travel in the channel. THere are major cruise lines that go in their everyday, freighter ships, and other water traffic. Why put a bridge somewhere where it would make such money making ventures for difficult. You don't move to alaska to live in the city! What about the people who have to fly in and out of where they live. Should we build a highway there. You don't build your house next to powerlines then bitch to the power company because their is powerlines in your backyard!
you should visit the peoples republic of portland, ME

they built condos right next to a fish pier and then complained about the smell of the fish

you should visit the peoples republic of portland, ME

they built condos right next to a fish pier and then complained about the smell of the fish
yeah we had a christian school go in a block away from a rehab center for sex offenders knowing full well that it was there then complain to the city and the news there were sex offenders near their school.

yeah we had a christian school go in a block away from a rehab center for sex offenders knowing full well that it was there then complain to the city and the news there were sex offenders near their school.
LOL typical
what city was that?

LOL typical
what city was that?
Spokane, Washington
My cousin's husbands father actually ran the rehab and the church ending up getting their way and he lost his business. When he had warned the church ahead of time what is business was, before they had even purchased the building.

Cuz the Samoans like McCain.

My understanding of the road to nowhere is it is still considered a success because it opened up land for development, which was the attraction of the bridget to nowhere in the first place.

Great!

Now let's make it a toll bridge, shall we?

Sadly since so few people (I'm told only about 50 people ever need to go there) will ever need to cross that bridge, the rates might be a tad steep.

How about $500 per crossing?

Your own article says Palin is the one that killed the project. So how does that fit in with all the mudslinging by the left that she wanted a bridge to nowhere

Remember the crap about Gore being for it before he was against it. Of course the right never stated that he was against it later because they changed major portions of the it. If it was valid to critize him, it is just as valid to criticize her.

Palin was for the bridge before she was against it. While running for governor she was for it. She only went against it when it becane a national boondoggle and the US congress turned it down. I don't care if she wants earmarks for her state, but she is a liar of convenience.

She kept the money and spent it elswhere in Alaska.

She was for the bridge until she found out how much the state was going to have to pay for it, and until she realized the people weren't keen on it and there was some corruption within the program.

She then pulled her support, as she damn well should, and got them out of it, saving them untold millions in money and legal messes.

Dems forget the corruption part. As far as they're concerned, it doesn't matter if it's corrupt, illegal, impractical, or what. Your loyalty is to your fellow politicians, not to the people.

She was for the bridge until she found out how much the state was going to have to pay for it, and until she realized the people weren't keen on it and there was some corruption within the program.

She then pulled her support, as she damn well should, and got them out of it, saving them untold millions in money and legal messes.

Dems forget the corruption part. As far as they're concerned, it doesn't matter if it's corrupt, illegal, impractical, or what. Your loyalty is to your fellow politicians, not to the people.

there is nothing wrong with that allie....so she should just TELL THE TRUTH about it instead of deceiving her and mccain's crowd of people with her cute little comment of i told the federal gvt, thanks but no thanks....leaving the impression that she was ALWAYS against the PORK MONEY and leaving the impression she did not take the pork money....WHICH SHE DID?

Last edited:
She may have done if for political conveniece, Ali, just like a Democrat.:razz:

And she lies on the podium in her litttle speeches. That is just one of her lies or "distortions."

I'm pretty sure that she know all along how much the damn brigde would cost US. And she kept the money for her state anyway.

She used this for her election to governor and didn't go back on it until it became a national embarassment.

Ali, Ali, Ali, how quick we are to defend our own and attack the others.:eusa_boohoo:

Forum List

Back