Good case for death penalty

BAYOU LA BATRE, Alabama (AP) -- A day after reporting his four young children were missing, a shrimp fisherman broke down and confessed that he threw them off an 80-foot-high bridge to their deaths, authorities said Wednesday.

Lam Luong, 37, was charged with four counts of capital murder, and divers searched the murky waters for the bodies of the youngsters, who ranged in age from a few months to 3 years.

Luong had a drug habit and had argued with his wife, Ngoc Phan, before taking the children, said Phan's brother-in-law, Kam Phengsisomboun.

Luong's girlfriend, who was living in a hotel in nearby Gulfport, Mississippi, was a factor in the couple's argument on Sunday and Monday morning, family members and police said.

Authorities said they believe Luong then drove on Monday to the two-lane Dauphin Island bridge over the Intracoastal Waterway, stopped at the highest part of the span and threw the youngsters over the side.

more ... http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/09/bridge.deaths.ap/index.html

I'd say I agree. Personally, I think justice would be served if he were tossed off the same bridge.

And run the risk that he might have taken up cliff diving as a hobby? No way. Lethal injection is more fool-proof.

Well, we can always have you standing at the bottom to administer "lethal injection" via .45 ACP in the event he should not only survive but be more than a pile of broken bones.

In the event he survives but IS merely a pile of broken bones, why waste the bullet? Nobody lives forever.:evil:

Well, we can always have you standing at the bottom to administer "lethal injection" via .45 ACP in the event he should not only survive but be more than a pile of broken bones.

In the event he survives but IS merely a pile of broken bones, why waste the bullet? Nobody lives forever.:evil:

People who believe in the death penalty are a danger, because on some basic level, they accept unnecssary killing, and will commit it eventually.

;)

That really is one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard. Define unnecessary. Do you consider abortion unnecessary? Tell me you believe in euthanasia. Please. I ask because I've seen people argue that they will fight the death penalty until abortion becomes universally available, based upon the fact that if people are going to kill criminals, women should be able to kill their babies. What insane claptrap. And the people who generally insist that the death penalty is criminal typically defend abortion vehemently.

I'm 43, have believed in the death penalty all my life, and have yet to kill anybody.

Once in a great while I miss key elements in people's posts....sssshhhhhh....

That really is one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard. Define unnecessary. Do you consider abortion unnecessary? Tell me you believe in euthanasia. Please. I ask because I've seen people argue that they will fight the death penalty until abortion becomes universally available, based upon the fact that if people are going to kill criminals, women should be able to kill their babies. What insane claptrap. And the people who generally insist that the death penalty is criminal typically defend abortion vehemently.

I'm 43, have believed in the death penalty all my life, and have yet to kill anybody.

Naw, that's just your opinion. I really think that a mother needs to decide that tricky ethical question for herself, rather than having the government force it upon the individual. You're not going to find the answer to the question of abortion from religious texts or from science.

I find it ludicrous that people can say it's okay for women to obtain abortions for the sole purpose of birth control, but it's "barbaric" to commit murderers to death.

Though...when you think of it, many of those murderers have killed children. Maybe it's the pro-abortionists way of supporting the murder of children. In which case, I guess it makes perfect sense.

But then the question is...who's the barbarian? The people who punish those who murder children...or the people who think it's okay to murder children?

I find it ludicrous that people can say it's okay for women to obtain abortions for the sole purpose of birth control, but it's "barbaric" to commit murderers to death.

Though...when you think of it, many of those murderers have killed children. Maybe it's the pro-abortionists way of supporting the murder of children. In which case, I guess it makes perfect sense.

But then the question is...who's the barbarian? The people who punish those who murder children...or the people who think it's okay to murder children?

:eusa_wall:

Forum List

Back