Going Rogue: An American Life

I hear that a bunch of right-wing groups will purchase the books in bulk so the sales look much more inflated than they really are....my question: what will they do with all of those books once they have been purchased?

And the spin begins....

Kudos for being the first unoriginal libroid to do it, though....:clap2:

What spin? Look at the best seller list. There is always an asterisk beside books by Coulter and the like because these "Conservative Book of the Month" clubs buy them in bulk and then practically give them away.

I'll wait until it hits the discount bin. Always in need of bird cage lining.

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Sarah Palin's much-anticipated memoir now has a title and a new release date, two advisers to the former Alaska governor confirmed to CNN on Monday.

Palin's book will be called "Going Rogue: An American Life" — a reference to the anonymous criticism directed at Palin by aides to Republican presidential nominee John McCain during the final days of last year's presidential race.

After Palin strayed from the campaign playbook several times in October 2008, one McCain adviser griped to CNN that the vice presidential nominee was "going rogue." Another called her a "diva."

The book's publisher, Harper, has ordered a substantial first printing of 1.5 million copies and moved up the release date to November 17 — conveniently in time for the holiday shopping season. The memoir was originally slated for release in the spring of 2010.

Palin inked the book deal last May after hiring Washington, D.C. lawyer Robert Barnett to negotiate the terms. Her collaborator on the book is Lynn Vincent, an editor at "World," a conservative Christian magazine.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Palin’s book to be called ‘Going Rogue: An American Life’ « - Blogs from CNN.com

I hear that a bunch of right-wing groups will purchase the books in bulk so the sales look much more inflated than they really are....my question: what will they do with all of those books once they have been purchased?

And the spin begins....

What spin? Look at the best seller list. There is always an asterisk beside books by Coulter and the like because these "Conservative Book of the Month" clubs buy them in bulk and then practically give them away.

It's pure spin...

The practice is done on both sides, so to call out one side for it is pure 100% spin...

And the spin begins....

It's pure spin...

The practice is done on both sides, so to call out one side for it is pure 100% spin...

Agreed - incredibly lame arguement.

The fact is the Palin book is going to be HUGE.

I smell Liberal fear.

Please nominate her. She couldn't help McCain flip a single state despite "rallying" the Conservative base, while the "inexperienced" Obama and "idiot" Biden flipped 9 states Blue.

If she can do that in the second spot, I'm looking forward to her at the top of the ticket.

I smell Liberal fear.

Please nominate her. She couldn't help McCain flip a single state despite "rallying" the Conservative base, while the "inexperienced" Obama and "idiot" Biden flipped 9 states Blue.

Comparing VP picks, do you seroiusly think it was Inside the Beltway Old White Dude Plugs Biden that flipped 9 states blue?

Seriously???

I smell Liberal fear.

Comparing VP picks, do you seroiusly think it was Inside the Beltway Old White Dude Plugs Biden that flipped 9 states blue?

Seriously???

Nope, it was eight years of Bush/Cheney that took care of that.

Seriously???

I think that Palin puts to lie the notion of the "Conservative Majority". If she really did "fire up the Conservative Base" as has been claimed repeatedly, then why couldn't a McCain/Palin ticket carry a traditionally Red state like Indiana?

You can blame a few of those states on changing demographics (Pennsylvania, Virginia). Some are battle ground states that are tradionally "in play" (Ohio, Florida). But if you really do buy into the idea that Sarah brought the Conservatives behind McCain, and that somehow this is a "right of center" country it a "Conservative Majority" how do you explain Indiana or North Carolina?

That's why I want to see Palin as a nominee. She finally puts to bed the notion that Conservatives are anything but a minority in their own party. Until Conservatives learn that and change in order to reach out to moderates and independents (who they traditionally scorn) they will never come back in any meaningful way. Palin accelerates the learning process. By all means, run her.

palin-HK-Hooey.JPG

"Palin's new book was written by a hardcore
Christianist; the Hong Kong speech was written
by a hardcore neocon. She remains the hood
ornament for a marketing campaign that now
passes for the conservative movement."
-- Andrew Sullivan, gay Rethug, Link

Seriously???

I think that Palin puts to lie the notion of the "Conservative Majority". If she really did "fire up the Conservative Base" as has been claimed repeatedly, then why couldn't a McCain/Palin ticket carry a traditionally Red state like Indiana?
Because people vote for President, mainly... How many people do you know choose a ticket strictly because of the VP?

Indiana, like other states, couldn't warm to a McLame Presidency...

You can blame a few of those states on changing demographics (Pennsylvania, Virginia). Some are battle ground states that are tradionally "in play" (Ohio, Florida). But if you really do buy into the idea that Sarah brought the Conservatives behind McCain, and that somehow this is a "right of center" country it a "Conservative Majority" how do you explain Indiana or North Carolina?
I never said Palin brought the cons behind McLame... Many cons liked her spunk and attitude, but it was not a reason to warm up to Johnny Boy....

That's why I want to see Palin as a nominee. She finally puts to bed the notion that Conservatives are anything but a minority in their own party. Until Conservatives learn that and change in order to reach out to moderates and independents (who they traditionally scorn) they will never come back in any meaningful way. Palin accelerates the learning process. By all means, run her.
A lot can happen between now and the next election cycle... I doubt she will run, though... She will likely make as much money as she can on the lecture circuit and book deals... If she runs for anything I would bet it would be for some Senate spot...

As for the rest of your bullshit, McLame WAS the moderate and was soundly defeated... You fence-sitters bought into the Hopey-Changey lie instead...

"It's pure spin...

The practice is done on both sides, so to call out one side for it is pure 100% spin..."

pure spin would be saying it is only done by one side which I didn't do....but nice try - better luck next time champ.

Just for shits and grins, let's play a game of "what if"........

What if Palin makes it in 2012 as president? Well........she's going to be running around all over the place, trying to do what Obama did when he was in office. She's then going to start a war with Iran (remember....they've got oil over there, and she's a "drill baby drill" kind of gal), and then, just when she's halfway through her first term, and she's on her second or third war, she's going to start going on the talk shows (remember........Obama did it), and then, someone is going to offer her a whole bunch of money for an appearance, and she's gonna quit yet again, stating that it's better for the country to do without her, as she doesn't want to be a "lame duck".

That will also be the end of the GOP.

I also thought it was funny that the FAUX News reporter said "Sarah Palin's new book "Going Rouge".

He caught it after a few seconds and said it was actually called "Going Rogue".

However..........I think "Going Rouge" is more apt, as she only looks good, but that's it.

The Wasilla Chihuahua has some good looks, but no brains. Know how to make her eyes sparkle? Shine a flashlight in her ear.

:happy-1::happy-1::happy-1:
I also thought it was funny that the FAUX News reporter said "Sarah Palin's new book "Going Rouge".

He caught it after a few seconds and said it was actually called "Going Rogue".

However..........I think "Going Rouge" is more apt, as she only looks good, but that's it.

The Wasilla Chihuahua has some good looks, but no brains. Know how to make her eyes sparkle? Shine a flashlight in her ear.
:lol::lol::lol:

As Chris Mathews said, "All sail and no ballast!"

"It's pure spin...

The practice is done on both sides, so to call out one side for it is pure 100% spin..."

pure spin would be saying it is only done by one side which I didn't do....but nice try - better luck next time champ.

You're not very good at this, son...

What you said is certainly spinning the reason for her book's anticipated success....

Stick to posting links to leftist hack sites (edit: and stolen bandwidth pictures), shitstain... It's what you do best....

did you get some sand in your mangina?.....don't worry my dear it will wash out with a little soap and water.

Forum List

Back