We want our country back!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rdean, Sep 29, 2009.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,867
    I have to admit, Republicans do confuse me.

Right now, Republicans seem to be angry mostly about two themes:

1. We want our country back

Not sure who they think has it. To me, it seems more like nostalgia. A return to an imaginary “better day”.

2. Where are the jobs that were promised?

Now, several people became very angry when I said, “Well, what are you qualified for? If you don’t believe in education, then what are you qualified for?”

Then came this suggeston that colleges are controlled by left wing intellectuals with an “agenda” and the reason right wing colleges are rated so low is because it’s left wing radicals making the determinations.

So, Republicans want the country “back”.

And,

They don’t like the educational system and feel something else should be “taught”. (To me, that means ID).

So, the questions,

“Who are we taking the country back from? And who should be “allowed” to live here? What rights should they be allowed?”

What is it they want taught that will bring jobs and what kind of jobs?

I believe those are fair questions.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    You are of course aware that the democrats used THE EXACT SAME LINE when out of power?

Did you ask Howard Dean who he was taking the country back from when he was running a few years ago?

3. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Republicans confuse me as well. They used to be our last line of defense against Leftist wackos like Obama, Pelosi and Reid until they let LBJ-style Necons take over the party. We don't need a Democrat and a Democrat-lite party, especially since the country leans slightly to the Right. The majority of Americans want their country back, not just the Republicans.

4. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,855
  5. Lost Soul

Lost Soul Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Hey I want my country back from both parties. If one isnt fucking it up its the other.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  6. nodoginnafight

nodoginnafight No Party Affiliation

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,497
    The MAJORITY of Americans NEVER lose their country - because the majority elects who they choose.
    Just because you are in the minority now, you whine.
    Typical.
    The majority of Americans elected a Democratic House, a Democratic Senate, and a Democratic President.
    Don't like it? Get enough votes and change it. It's not YOUR country - it is OUR country and the majority gets what the majority wants.

7. amrchaos

amrchaos Pentheus torn apart

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,573

So, republicans are wholesale copying democratic propaganda because the reps think it worked welll?????

I am going to let you Republicans in on something--Democratic propaganda is crap. Crap since 1992!!! Everybody knows that--except Republicans I guess.

8. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    OK.
    We are taking the country back from the big government types, Republican or Democrat, who want to impose taxes and mandates, who go around apologizing for everything this country has done for 200 years, who think there isn't a social, political or economic problem out there that can't be solved by another gov't program, and are happy to pander to special interest groups like unions, Rainbow Coalition, etc etc. That's what we want to get rid of.
    Who should be allowed to live here? U.S. citizens and anyone who wants to come here to better himself through work. What rights should they be allowed? All the rights enumerated in the US and state constitutions.
    We want basic American values of work ethic, patriotism, and competence in the four Rs taught. Also that failure has consequences.
    What kind of jobs? Those that are created by a capitalist system that runs on the assumption that the market takes care of most issues.

9. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Uh, no. The last few elections, the majority of the country has elected the lesser of two evils. The only reason Bush was elected for the 2nd terms was because John Kerry was running. And the only reason Obama was elected was because of John McCain and Sarah Palin (and, of course, Bush). Now his approval rating is - drum roll please - less than 50%. The same applies to Congress.

10. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,867
    So, who runs the military? The EPA? Roads and Railways? Seems like it would take a pretty big government. Just asking.

What kind of jobs? Is education important? What kind of education?

Yours was the first post that kind of explained something or asked a question.