Going Rogue: An American Life

Palin's first book due out November 17th - already over 1.5 million copies ordered...

By HILLEL ITALIE, AP National Writer Hillel Italie, Ap National Writer

NEW YORK – That was fast.

Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate, has finished her memoir just four months after the book deal was announced, and the release date has been moved up from the spring to Nov. 17, her publisher said.

"Governor Palin has been unbelievably conscientious and hands-on at every stage, investing herself deeply and passionately in this project," said Jonathan Burnham, publisher of Harper. "It's her words, her life, and it's all there in full and fascinating detail."

Palin's book, her first, will be 400 pages, said Burnham, who called the fall "the best possible time for a major book of this kind."

Harper, an imprint of HarperCollins, has commissioned a huge first printing of 1.5 million copies. Sen. Ted Kennedy's "True Compass," published by Twelve soon after his Aug. 25 death, also had a 1.5 million first printing...

Palin finishes memoir, 'Going Rogue,' out Nov. 17 - Yahoo! News

I can't wait, my very large family are all going to get one copy of it each. :eusa_angel:

I just can't see her as a leader. An instigator, yes. But a leader?
To each his own, I suppose.

You may be right - you may be wrong.

Time will tell - but at least your post remained respectful of the individual...

Just because a lot of us don't wish to see her in any meaningful office doesn't mean we with her ill, sinatra. I hope she makes a bundle and has the life of her dreams. I just hope it's a private one.

I can respect that - but sadly your stance is not repeated by others in this forum or the media who appear to have a absolute fear and loathing for Sarah Palin.

Not that that appears to be hurting Palin any...

Ya know...I'll probably buy it. I'm a fan.

PalinSoHot.gif

You may be right - you may be wrong.

Time will tell - but at least your post remained respectful of the individual...

Just because a lot of us don't wish to see her in any meaningful office doesn't mean we with her ill, sinatra. I hope she makes a bundle and has the life of her dreams. I just hope it's a private one.

I can respect that - but sadly your stance is not repeated by others in this forum or the media who appear to have a absolute fear and loathing for Sarah Palin.

Not that that appears to be hurting Palin any...

Palin has no substance but a certain amount of ruthless charm. She carries off the oinkly boinkly with great show, and she is going to make a lot of money for her and her family. Good for them. But substance? Nothing sustainable.

Palin has no substance but a certain amount of ruthless charm. She carries off the oinkly boinkly with great show, and she is going to make a lot of money for her and her family. Good for them. But substance? Nothing sustainable.

Perhaps...

Perhaps...

Time will tell, but I truly think that she is as lazy as Fred Thompson and even less informed.

Why would anyone be obligated to respect a quitter? A hateful quitter at that who believes only one subset of Americans are "real" Americans?

I can't wait until she runs for president.

Why would anyone be obligated to respect a quitter? A hateful quitter at that who believes only one subset of Americans are "real" Americans?

Do you honestly think she believes that any more than any other pol believes their own bullshit?
Maybe. Not knowing her personally I couldn't say. But then again, I don't really care either. I believe her politics are extreme and her blatant pandering irresponsible, and if she runs for office I will never vote for her. I do not respect much of what she's chosen to stand for in the political arena. No reason to disrespect her as a human being though. Politics are politics, they're not personal.

Well that certainly stands as every bit of the qualification that Hussien brought to the table with his having attended school in Malaysia... Except Hussein was never a Cheif Executive; thus had never dealt with other nations as a Cheif Executive, as Gov. Palin has... and man does IT SHOW!

Obama also has never quit his job as Chief Executive. Palin has.

Wow, that was easy.

At any rate, the "magic job qualification" barometer that you guys use is idiotic, as the standard is always one inch away from the opposition candidate's qualifications.

Oh, also, Obama now has almost a year of executive experience as leader of the free world under his belt. I'd say you guys need to come up with some new metrics to try and detract from him.

ROFLMNAO... So you're crying about those who speak to Palin's experience as a CEO, by running to point out that Hussein has CEO experience?

In effect you're now claiming that Palin's CEO experience was irrelevant back when Hussein had NO SUCH experience; but now that Hussein has 8 months worth, that this experience qualifies him over Palin...

BRILLIANT! 'You makin' sense now boi...'

Palin's qualifications are extensive; of which her CEO experience is no small measure; and when you add to that, her innate understanding of American principles, recognition of and respect for the US Constitution and you end up with a vastly more QUALIFIED individual for the office of President of the US.

THERE ARE NO LEFTIST AMERICANS!​

Now this is a demonstrable fact...

To wit: Left-think is a species of reasoning which runs wholly anti-thetical to the thesis on which America rests... thus, where one adheres to the latter countering thesis that stands in opposition to the former, one cannot at the same time declare themselves adherent to the former which OPPOSES THAT FOR WHICH THEY HAVE AND CONTINUE TO STAND...

Got that?

Do you honestly think she believes that any more than any other pol believes their own bullshit?
Maybe. Not knowing her personally I couldn't say. But then again, I don't really care either. I believe her politics are extreme and her blatant pandering irresponsible, and if she runs for office I will never vote for her. I do not respect much of what she's chosen to stand for in the political arena. No reason to disrespect her as a human being though. Politics are politics, they're not personal.

What specific position of Palin's do you 'feel' is the most extreme?

Now understand, that I ask this for the sole purpose of taking that which you offer up as 'extreme' and demonstrate that such a position is the pure essence of foolishness; towards discrediting you, personally and your ideological underpinnings as absurdity... All of which will demonstrate that such is wholly anti-American and countering to the principles on which America rests...

Your failure to respond; or your attempt to change the subject will of course be recognized as you conceding the point; and demonstrating by default, that you cannot sustain such a position; that Palin's positions are extreme; in effect rendering your previously stated position moot.

Best of luck to ya...

I'm waiting to see the left put up the McGreevy/Spitzer ticket...:lol:

Well that certainly stands as every bit of the qualification that Hussien brought to the table with his having attended school in Malaysia... Except Hussein was never a Cheif Executive; thus had never dealt with other nations as a Cheif Executive, as Gov. Palin has... and man does IT SHOW!

Obama also has never quit his job as Chief Executive. Palin has.

Wow, that was easy.

At any rate, the "magic job qualification" barometer that you guys use is idiotic, as the standard is always one inch away from the opposition candidate's qualifications.

Oh, also, Obama now has almost a year of executive experience as leader of the free world under his belt. I'd say you guys need to come up with some new metrics to try and detract from him.

Of course the standard is always changing. Remember, the first part of last year, the argument was that Obama didn't have an governmental experience because he'd only been in the Senate for four years. Then they nominate Palin, who had only served half a term as governor, and the argument changes to "well, he was never an executive".

Forum List

Back