Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief

theDoctorisIn

Platinum Member
Senior USMB Moderator
Aug 12, 2009
In the center of it all
Just finished watching the new HBO documentary on Scientology. It's a little mindblowing.

Are there any Scientologists who post here?

Anyone else seen this movie or read the book?

I heard about it but haven't seen it. Not sure I want to. To me, Scientology is just another cult religion in my opinion. I'm not interested in watching a show about Jehovah's Witnesses either. Same thing.

Just finished watching the new HBO documentary on Scientology. It's a little mindblowing.

Saw that was on last night but didn't check it out. Got all I need about Scientology from the South Park episode. :)

they remind me of Mormons, not really much more kooked than most dogma really

Ya, in the big scheme of things, they're no dumber than 'mainstream' religions.

Think the biggest difference is all the documented quotes of the founder of it saying "If you wanna make a million dolalrs, invent your own religion." Pretty damning.

I know a scientologist. He has to get permission to visit his family on holidays. His grandmother died and left him $200,000 and his parents went to court and blocked it. They got the money because of his affiliation with a cult. He was going to give it to the "church".

I heard the author interviewed on Dennis Miller's radio show........Makes you wonder about these celebrities....

Forum List

Back