GoFundMe Returns Over $400,000 Scammed By New Jersey Grifters

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'"All donors who contributed to this GoFundMe campaign have been fully refunded," GoFundMe spokesman Bobby Whithorne said in an email, adding that "while this type of behavior by an individual is extremely rare, it's unacceptable and clearly it has consequences."

The company is fully cooperating with investigators.

Kate McClure, 28, Mark D'Amico, 39, and drug-addicted homeless veteran Johnny Bobbitt, 35, were charged with theft by deception and conspiracy to commit theft by deception in November, after the three concocted a story that Bobbitt had given McClure his last $20 after her car ran out of fuel, leaving her stranded on the side of I-95 in a dangerous Philadelphia neighborhood.

The GoFundMe scam was uncovered after McClure and D'Amico refused to give Bobbitt over $300,000 of the $402,000 raised - causing Bobbit to lawyer up, alleging that the couple committed fraud and conspiracy by taking large amounts of the donations to "enjoy a lifestyle they could not afford" and using the account as "their personal piggy bank."

The net proceeds were $360,000 after fees, which went into an account controlled by McClure. Bobbitt received approximately $75,000 of it according to Burlington County Prosecutor Scott Coffina.

"The entire campaign was predicated on a lie," said Coffina during a November press conference. "Less than an hour after the GoFundMe campaign went live McClure, in a text exchange with a friend, stated that the story about Bobbitt assisting her was fake," he said.

In one of the texts read by Coffina, McClure allegedly wrote to a friend, "Ok, so wait, the gas part is completely made up but the guy isn't. I had to make something up to make people feel bad. So, shush about the made up stuff." -ABC

After the story went sideways - and reports emerged that the couple had pilfered most of the money meant for Bobbitt, police raided McClure and D'Amico's home looking for evidence in the case, and seizing a BMW they bought with charitable donations.

Coffina said that if Bobbitt hadn't sued, the three might have gotten away with the scam.

D'Amico and McClure turned themselves in last month according to WPVI, while Bobbit was arrested in Philadelphia on charges of being a fugitive from justice.

McClure, a receptionist for the New Jersey Department of Transportation, has turned on D'Amico - a carpenter, claiming that she "was used by Mr. D’Amico and Mr. Bobbitt, and she thought throughout that this money was going to a homeless veteran."

D'Amico's attorney says he is surprised by her defense.

"I don't know how Kate is playing the victim now. I will be curious to see how this defense plays out for her in court," he said.'

Sheesh...at least everyone seems to have gotten their money back.

'"All donors who contributed to this GoFundMe campaign have been fully refunded," GoFundMe spokesman Bobby Whithorne said in an email, adding that "while this type of behavior by an individual is extremely rare, it's unacceptable and clearly it has consequences."

Kate McClure, 28, Mark D'Amico, 39, and drug-addicted homeless veteran Johnny Bobbitt, 35, were charged with theft by deception and conspiracy to commit theft by deception in November, after the three concocted a story that Bobbitt had given McClure his last $20 after her car ran out of fuel, leaving her stranded on the side of I-95 in a dangerous Philadelphia neighborhood.

The GoFundMe scam was uncovered after McClure and D'Amico refused to give Bobbitt over $300,000 of the $402,000 raised - causing Bobbit to lawyer up, alleging that the couple committed fraud and conspiracy by taking large amounts of the donations to "enjoy a lifestyle they could not afford" and using the account as "their personal piggy bank."

The net proceeds were $360,000 after fees, which went into an account controlled by McClure. Bobbitt received approximately $75,000 of it according to Burlington County Prosecutor Scott Coffina.

"The entire campaign was predicated on a lie," said Coffina during a November press conference. "Less than an hour after the GoFundMe campaign went live McClure, in a text exchange with a friend, stated that the story about Bobbitt assisting her was fake," he said.

In one of the texts read by Coffina, McClure allegedly wrote to a friend, "Ok, so wait, the gas part is completely made up but the guy isn't. I had to make something up to make people feel bad. So, shush about the made up stuff." -ABC

After the story went sideways - and reports emerged that the couple had pilfered most of the money meant for Bobbitt, police raided McClure and D'Amico's home looking for evidence in the case, and seizing a BMW they bought with charitable donations.

Coffina said that if Bobbitt hadn't sued, the three might have gotten away with the scam.

D'Amico and McClure turned themselves in last month according to WPVI, while Bobbit was arrested in Philadelphia on charges of being a fugitive from justice.

McClure, a receptionist for the New Jersey Department of Transportation, has turned on D'Amico - a carpenter, claiming that she "was used by Mr. D’Amico and Mr. Bobbitt, and she thought throughout that this money was going to a homeless veteran."

"I don't know how Kate is playing the victim now. I will be curious to see how this defense plays out for her in court," he said.'

I'm curious how GoFundMe feels about the exposure they have with this sham wall initiative...$16M and counting.

I'm curious how GoFundMe feels about the exposure they have with this sham wall initiative...$16M and counting.

$17,076,258 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 281,058 people in 8 days

$17,076,258 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 281,058 people in 8 days

Only 982,000,000 to go. LOL

Why do you call the Wall funding campaign a sham? Because you don't like it?

Because, like the promises of the blob, the goal (i.e. promise) to raise a billion dollars was never going to happen. So the "I will refund every penny if we don't get to a billion"--which was the original pledge was a sham. Much like Trump saying Mexico was going to pay for the wall. It sounded good and appeased weak morons like yourself so they both said it.

Anyway, then the pledge was changed to "a billion or significantly close" for the criteria for a refund.

Now it's a refund or a donation to a charity that "we" decide on.

-----

That and the sequester of the donation list....

Looks like a sham.

Because, like the promises of the blob, the goal (i.e. promise) to raise a billion dollars was never going to happen. So the "I will refund every penny if we don't get to a billion"--which was the original pledge was a sham. Much like Trump saying Mexico was going to pay for the wall. It sounded good and appeased weak morons like yourself so they both said it.

Anyway, then the pledge was changed to "a billion or significantly close" for the criteria for a refund.

-----

Looks like a sham.
Therefore you have no factual basis for the Wall funding being a sham. Your hatred for President Trump and anyone who supports him is what makes you think it is a sham. Got it.

-----

Looks like a sham.
Therefore you have no factual basis for the Wall funding being a sham. Your hatred for President Trump and anyone who supports him is what makes you think it is a sham. Got it.

Only an idiot would come to that conclusion. And to nobody's surprise, you have. Nice job.

-----

Looks like a sham.

Only an idiot would come to that conclusion. And to nobody's surprise, you have. Nice job.
Haters gonna hate, I'm just pointing out the obvious.

-----

Looks like a sham.

As am I. Except I have listed the evidence of a bait and switch. You've ignored it and just drew a dumbass conclusion.

-----

Looks like a sham.

As am I. Except I have listed the evidence of a bait and switch. You've ignored it and just drew a dumbass conclusion.

The thought of slowing down the flow of illegals into the country strikes a real blow to the leftard clown posse plan of making them their next voter bloc.....you ain't foolin' anyone.

As well-meaning, well-intentioned GoFundMe may be, unfortunately with its Internet purpose/circumstances it is always going to be a magnet for scam artist, pathologically lying psychopaths. Believe me, I WISH THIS WEREN'T TRUE, because I'm all for humaneness and generosity to someone suffering a sudden from a sudden cataclysm. Don't get me wrong, the basic intent of GoFundMe is a good thing, but there are plenty of thieving, clinically anti-social monsters out there who will constantly use that site to prey on kind, innocent (& somewhat naive) people who really are honestly trying to help someone else.

-----

Looks like a sham.

The thought of slowing down the flow of illegals into the country strikes a real blow to the leftard clown posse plan of making them their next voter bloc.....you ain't foolin' anyone.

Democrats do not need the voting block; the Dem nominee got 3,000,000 more votes than the blob.

What's more, the fear, hate, and racism of the right is playing right into the hands of the demographics....

upload_2018-12-25_23-5-4.png

Over a quarter of the population born since 2007 is Hispanic. Your hate is going to steer them over to the Democrats so please keep it up.

Democrats do not need the voting block; the Dem nominee got 3,000,000 more votes than the blob.

What's more, the fear, hate, and racism of the right is playing right into the hands of the demographics....

View attachment 236865

Over a quarter of the population born since 2007 is Hispanic. Your hate is going to steer them over to the Democrats so please keep it up.

14 of the meager 20 states Hildebeast won had no voter ID laws. We know from Project Veritas that an coordinated effort would be done to bus as many voters to as many different polling places as possible. had counties that had more votes cast than registered voters and that state alone accounted for the alleged margin as per the popular vote...but that is the beauty of the electoral college as in one or two states cannot dictate nor decide for the rest of the country. As far as Hispanics/illegals squirting out anchor babies that we pay for? That isn't exactly a secret and leftards want blanket amnesty and would love an open and totally unsecured border just like the globalists desire. BTW, dumb ass, I opted out of being a de-facto employee of USA.INC and corrected my status. Your dream of a commie utopia of two classes one being of serfs and your rulers isn't going to happen in your lifetime if at all...and you should be glad of that....it's not the utopia that you believe it to be. Your wet dream of stealing from others to subsidize the leftard clown posse voter bloc will never come to fruition without millions of dead bodies first...and I don't believe that leftards have the stomach for the fight.

View attachment 236865

14 of the meager 20 states Hildebeast won had no voter ID laws. We know from Project Veritas that an coordinated effort would be done to bus as many voters to as many different polling places as possible. had counties that had more votes cast than registered voters and that state alone accounted for the alleged margin as per the popular vote...but that is the beauty of the electoral college as in one or two states cannot dictate nor decide for the rest of the country. As far as Hispanics/illegals squirting out anchor babies that we pay for? That isn't exactly a secret and leftards want blanket amnesty and would love an open and totally unsecured border just like the globalists desire. BTW, dumb ass, I opted out of being a de-facto employee of USA.INC and corrected my status. Your dream of a commie utopia of two classes one being of serfs and your rulers isn't going to happen in your lifetime if at all...and you should be glad of that....it's not the utopia that you believe it to be. Your wet dream of stealing from others to subsidize the leftard clown posse voter bloc will never come to fruition without millions of dead bodies first...and I don't believe that leftards have the stomach for the fight.

no

Forum List

Back