God punishes but eternity in hell?

I guess I just have another way of thinking about things Biblical. Unlike one end of the spectrum, I do not take EVERY SINGLE WORD as literal. Unlike the other end of the spectrum, I don't pass it off as total nonsense.

Who's to say that Hell is not what we are living in for the entirety of our lives on this earth? I mean, look at the world in which we live. Maybe this "being thrown down into Ghehenna fire" (or whatever the wording is) means that once we are born we've come into a hellish world where we have the free will to choose whether we do right or wrong. No matter what we do, none of us will ever be absolutely perfect. There is no "perfect" where man himself is concerned.

Maybe doing the right things in life, albeit imperfectly, brings us a measure of pleasure and/or blessings while we are here - a sense of spiritual security from life's storms. Doing the wrong things in life generally brings more misery on top of whatever misery we already have that led us to do those wrong things.

Do bad things happen to good people? Yes. We don't know why. Perhaps we may find out the purpose at some point in time after the bad thing has occurred.

Fact is, once we are dead there is no more suffering, pain, or any other worry - but we continue to "live" in the memory of those who are still living.

I think some of man's beliefs are greatly influenced by early artists and their depictions of winged angels and cherubs, men in robes, scenes of the artists' ideas or interpretations of various Biblical stories.

Is Hell in the center of the earth? Is Heaven a place somewhere up in the sky with streets of gold behind the Pearly Gates? No one has ever come back to verify it to us, but I'm not going to spit at the idea that Hell and Heaven do exist.

Ahhhh…. Just one more thing….
I found this site in a search about heaven and hell
The American Christian Society - Home says:
Basically they are saying something like: it goes against the nature of God to put someone in hell and not give them hope or any chance to change and seek forgiveness. – I think

As a Christian I always struggled with this idea of a permanent hell but don’t know if it is okay to really believe against it.

Any opinions out there about this…?

Danke und Tschüß!!
Yeah. The gAwd you read about in the fairy tale makes the Nazi's look like nice guys.
The fucker killed everything on earth but Noah Goldstein and a bunch of animals........so the story goes

You know.......think of it this way...........

People who abuse their bodies tend to have poor health, sometimes requiring medicine or even surgery (i.e. diabetes).

Now..........is the person at fault for causing their disease? Yes. They didn't take care of themselves.

Now..........think about your soul and the various things you do on a daily basis to be hurtful, cruel or just plain unpleasant. Those things (your "sins" if you will) eat at your soul a bit more each day, until finally, your spirit is in really bad shape.

Then......when you leave your meat suit and go before Father, He's gonna look at what you've done to yourself over the course of your life, and more importantly.......what did you learn? After He finds out the damage that you've done to that little bit of Himself that He gave you (The Torah refers to this), He then puts you in surgery, gives you medicine, and helps you heal so that you can rejoin Him.

Everyone gets into Heaven, it's just a question of how much do you need to heal first?
You are greatly confused, you need to stop reading that book of lies, the tora is it called?, or get medicine.

Yes, it's called the Torah, and yes, it's the first 5 books of the Old Testament, which is supposedly part of your Bible.

Your Bible (the KJV) is a heavily edited book, and it's also one that was interpreted from Hebrew to Greek, to Roman, to English, which means there's an awful lot of confusion between what was actually written then, and what is talked about and worshiped now.

By the way American Cursed, you DO realize that Yeshua (Jesus to you Christians) was a good Jewish boy, right?

Do you also realize that the original "hell" is a place called Gehenna, which is a place of burning to refine your soul so that you can rejoin God in Heaven.

You state that Yeshua is the only way..........what about the Jews before Him? You think God is gonna let Abraham and Noah end up in hell?

Nope, hell is a myth invented by the Catholic church, using Dante's Divine Comedy as a template to scare the gullible idiots such as yourself into church so you'd donate cash and keep the preacher living in fine style while he sits on his butt and comes up with new lies to scare you with.

Forum List

Back