God punishes but eternity in hell?

Ahhhh…. Just one more thing….
I found this site in a search about heaven and hell
The American Christian Society - Home says:
Basically they are saying something like: it goes against the nature of God to put someone in hell and not give them hope or any chance to change and seek forgiveness. – I think

As a Christian I always struggled with this idea of a permanent hell but don’t know if it is okay to really believe against it.

Any opinions out there about this…?

Danke und Tschüß!!

Yeah, you are living in it, and will continue to reincarnate until you get it right. So stop looking for excuses, and forgetting what you learn along the way. ;) Just a feeling. :blues:

God is all-loving. Because someone goes to Hell does not mean He doesn't love them anymore, but they chose not to serve Him, after He had given them many opportunities. He is all forgiving, but if you don't ask for forgiveness and accept Christ into your heart, then you're not just gonna forgiven. Because it goes something like this ...."For anyone who asks....receives..."

I tend to have issues with this kind of thinking because many people really, really try to have faith and a firm belief in God but it just doesn't happen. I don't see why they would be punished for not believing even though they truly would like to. They should not be punished if they don't have the expected beliefs of so-called Christians, yet they live their lives peacefully, work hard, raise their families with love and treat others with respect.

They chose not to serve Him so they go to hell? What's your religion called, the mafia?

The "fallen angels" were told of their punishment for their injustice to sons of Adam. One of those punishments was the confinement to the earth; they would not be allowed to freely visit the Lord, again. When they were told this, they wept and twisted on the ground with grief. They had cursed each other so they could never go back to the side of the Lord. For that, they will be punished with an eternity in "hell".
Those that deny the Lord, and curse Him will receive the same fate. One faith teaches that this is a "mercy", because once a human is in the presence of the Lord, they would go insane by not being in His presence, so great is His love, light, and being. The physical pain is to distract them from the emotional pain.
That being said, the Lord is a "just God". He will punish us for our transgressions. It is easier to think of a parent punishing their child to understand this: the parent loves the child, but the child must learn that there are consequences for their actions, hence the punishment. Now, don't do that again, or the punishment will become increasingly harsher.

There are different places for people after they die. I think in Jeremiah, it talks about "cowards" being laid to rest with the women and children killed in battle (not a very peaceful wait). Yeshua references an "unclean" place were trash was dumped or burned. In some other books there are places that people are held to await judgment or to prepare them to be in the presence of the Lord.

A group of young adults were talking about using drugs. One said that it made you feel so good, it was ecstasy, while you were high. Another, saying drug abuse was a sin, was describing eternity with the Lord said: it will be ecstasy, total and complete ecstasy for the rest of eternity. Why wouldn't you try for that?

Again.......let's look at the word "eternal". It means that its always been here, is here, and will always be here.

Humans have a beginning, and therefore (by simple logic) are not "eternal".

So why do people keep trying to scare others into something that isn't true?

Again.......let's look at the word "eternal". It means that its always been here, is here, and will always be here.

Does the soul have a beginning? And of course, that's a rhetorical question, since you obviously don't know the answer, which is why I'm not sure why you think you were able to even make the comment you made to begin with.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Does the soul have a beginning? And of course, that's a rhetorical question, since you obviously don't know the answer, which is why I'm not sure why you think you were able to even make the comment you made to begin with.

Actually, it does. According to the Torah, your soul is a small piece of God that He carved out from under His Throne of Glory with the blade of self will and was placed into the embryo created by your parents at roughly the 40 day mark.

Interestingly enough, modern day science has shown this is when the human embryo develops a nervous system.

You know, I've always had a bit of a problem with the whole "damnation for eternity thing".

First off, John 3:16 states "For God so loved the world that He gave His Only Begotten Son that whosovever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life." That doesn't promise eternity, it promises forever from the beginning point of your birth.

In order for you to be somewhere "for eternity", you would have had to be here before you were born and here long after you die. No.........people don't go to hell for eternity. If you have a belly button, you have a beginning, and therefore are not eternal.

Additionally, it states in the Torah that around the 40 day point of your conception, God carves off a small piece of Himself from under His Throne of Glory with the blade of self will, and places that into the embryo created by your parents. That is what you know as your "soul".

Now........if we're all a small piece of God, why would He throw us away?

Nope, got news for y'all.........EVERYONE eventually gets out of hell. Even Hitler.

wow good post - I appreciate the comments - gives me a lot to think about
ah... just one more thing... why do you type "even Hitler"...?

Because, Hitler is the single most abhorrent person in modern times. I could have said Julius Cesar, Nero, Genghis Kahn, Torquemada or any other person who did really horrific things.

Basically, my point is that no matter who you are, what you've done, eventually, you're going to rejoin God and be in Heaven.

Incidentally, hell (in it's current incarnation) is a myth invented by the Catholic church, because they knew that fear would motivate people to keep coming back, filling the pews and giving money.

Hmm........using fear to control people and raise money........kinda like what the GOP does today.

I Suggest that Stalin's 15 Million... Mostly his own as Opposed to his Percieved Enemy, was Slighty Worse...

Both are among the Worst Examples of the Species in History, but Stalin is always overlooked by the Left...

Odd.

:)

peace...

Actually, it does. According to the Torah, your soul is a small piece of God that He carved out from under His Throne of Glory with the blade of self will and was placed into the embryo created by your parents at roughly the 40 day mark.

Interestingly enough, modern day science has shown this is when the human embryo develops a nervous system.

So what was the point of your comment about 'scaring' people then?

I disagree with your definition of eternal. I would define it more as never-ending; perpetual. In which case, there is no reason it cannot have a beginning. Sort of like a ray and line : both are of infinite length, but one has a beginning.

God sets out Law and Covenant for human/angels to obey/follow. Eternity in Heaven bears zero tolerence to sin (sin means against God's Law). Satan disobeyed His Law so he's driven out of heaven, Adam disobeyed His Law and was driven out of His Kingdom.

Now it's up to human to decide whether to go back. If we choose to learn to obey His Law and Covenent set forth for us, we bear a chance to pass the judgment and become the righteous then to return to God's Kingdom with 0 tolerence to sin. Since it is estimated that we can no longer abide by His Law and can hardly bear a chance to pass the judgment to return, God provided an alternative which is a new Covenant by the blood of Jesus Christ.

Since then it's man's duty to preach the gospel, wherever the gospel fails to reach, everything goes back to His fair Law, whoever hears the gospel but without acknowlegement, everything goes back to His fair Law. Only those who hears the gospel and choose to believe in Jesus Christ as specified is said to get the gift of His Grace and thus without the need of facing the final judgment. They are the righteous by faith to return to God's Kingdom in Heaven.

Those who failed God's fair Law and refuse to take the free gift of the Second Covenant will be kept outside God's Kingdom permanently. In theory, if you are looking for fairness, you need to go back to Law. Grace is for those selected by God and no fairness needs to be maintained as it is God who made a sacrifice and men get it for free.

Hell is simply a place without God, while God is light and God is love. So light is removed physically and love is removed spiritually as they belong to God. What left what will human be in such a separation. It is prophecied that giving time people without God's guidance will finally turn themselves into monsters, just like how the fallen angels turn themselves into the devils under similar environment.

You know, I've always had a bit of a problem with the whole "damnation for eternity thing".

First off, John 3:16 states "For God so loved the world that He gave His Only Begotten Son that whosovever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life." That doesn't promise eternity, it promises forever from the beginning point of your birth.

In order for you to be somewhere "for eternity", you would have had to be here before you were born and here long after you die. No.........people don't go to hell for eternity. If you have a belly button, you have a beginning, and therefore are not eternal.

Additionally, it states in the Torah that around the 40 day point of your conception, God carves off a small piece of Himself from under His Throne of Glory with the blade of self will, and places that into the embryo created by your parents. That is what you know as your "soul".

Nope, got news for y'all.........EVERYONE eventually gets out of hell. Even Hitler.
WRONG!!! The only chance you have is belief in Jesus Christ in this life on earth. The Bible clearly states that Jesus is the only path to heaven and that you have ETERNAL life in hell or heaven based on that belief or not. By the way, jesus also spoke of false prophets, stop being one.

wow good post - I appreciate the comments - gives me a lot to think about
ah... just one more thing... why do you type "even Hitler"...?

Because, Hitler is the single most abhorrent person in modern times. I could have said Julius Cesar, Nero, Genghis Kahn, Torquemada or any other person who did really horrific things.

Basically, my point is that no matter who you are, what you've done, eventually, you're going to rejoin God and be in Heaven.

Incidentally, hell (in it's current incarnation) is a myth invented by the Catholic church, because they knew that fear would motivate people to keep coming back, filling the pews and giving money.

Hmm........using fear to control people and raise money........kinda like what the GOP does today.
WRONG AGAIN!!! Hell wasn't invented by catholics, it is clearly talked about in the bible.

The concept of a loving, forgiving god and a hell of eternal suffering are mutually exclusive, IMO.

The idea that if you choose wrongly in the tiny amount of time that is a human lifetime, you will be damned to never-ending torment is ridiculous. Not only is any human lifetime an extraordinarily small amount of time, each lifetime lasts for a different duration. So, while someone may live for 80 years before 'finding god' or being 'saved', another person may die at 20 before having the same opportunity. If there is a god, and that being is willing to condemn the 20-year-old to never-ending suffering, such a god is not loving and merciful as we define those terms.

The idea that one can still find salvation after going to hell makes more sense to me. That, or that god is not loving and merciful (which, honestly, makes more sense to me yet. I've never thought god being ascribed all these human emotions made much sense). I find it hard to believe that there is a god using the decisions of a single lifetime to determine our eternal disposition, whatever the criteria or location.
Pretty simple, God gave you a way to salvation-Jesus Christ. He gave you free will to choose. You are given the word of God, the Bible, to study and learn God's plan, you can either except his plan or not, but there are consequences for your decision.
You go to heaven or hell based on your decision to except Jesus or not. If you are condemned to hell it is forever according to the bible. Don't take my word for it read it yourself. Go into it with an open mind and pray for guidance.

You know.......think of it this way...........

People who abuse their bodies tend to have poor health, sometimes requiring medicine or even surgery (i.e. diabetes).

Now..........is the person at fault for causing their disease? Yes. They didn't take care of themselves.

Now..........think about your soul and the various things you do on a daily basis to be hurtful, cruel or just plain unpleasant. Those things (your "sins" if you will) eat at your soul a bit more each day, until finally, your spirit is in really bad shape.

Then......when you leave your meat suit and go before Father, He's gonna look at what you've done to yourself over the course of your life, and more importantly.......what did you learn? After He finds out the damage that you've done to that little bit of Himself that He gave you (The Torah refers to this), He then puts you in surgery, gives you medicine, and helps you heal so that you can rejoin Him.

Everyone gets into Heaven, it's just a question of how much do you need to heal first?
You are greatly confused, you need to stop reading that book of lies, the tora is it called?, or get medicine.

God is partners with the devil, they split all the souls between them with god giving up a bunch voluntarily to the devil. Kind of like a private school system that takes all the best students then leaves all the rest for the public system.
You need help.

I think the point of God's forgiveness is being missed. God forgives us for all our sin, past, present and future when we accept Him. The ones who spend an eternity separated from Him are the ones who have denied submitting their lives to Him. We have all the chances we need to make things right with our Creator. It's not about doing right or wrong things. It's about a personal relationship with the One who created us and our universe. I wish it wasn't so, but if we read the Bible it clearly states the those who deny the Father will be separated from Him for all eternity.

Ahhhh…. Just one more thing….
I found this site in a search about heaven and hell
The American Christian Society - Home says:
Basically they are saying something like: it goes against the nature of God to put someone in hell and not give them hope or any chance to change and seek forgiveness. – I think

As a Christian I always struggled with this idea of a permanent hell but don’t know if it is okay to really believe against it.

Any opinions out there about this…?

Danke und Tschüß!!

There is no Hell. Referenced in the bible Hell is nothing more then being dead. At the Judgement those found unacceptable will be returned to a State of being dead. There is no literal fiery pit.
Revelation 20:11-15, this is where the dead are raised up and judged by God. Anyone that name isn't in the book of life is thrown into the lake of fire. The Bible does speak of hell, you can't say the Bible doesn't speak of hell but you can not believe the Bible if you so choose.

[

People chose to be outside the
presence of God ,Thats not punishment for those who disbelieve or dont accept.
Do Blame God for giving you what you ask for.

I came to Him, late in my life.

All I've ever asked for from Him?

His will.

THAT's my bottom line prayer; for all that I could ask about this, that or the other?

I WANT His will to be done.

I know that I don't think nor see like He does.

The underside of the petite point convinced me of that.

I see the UNDERSIDE of the Big Pic, and it looks like shit ~ threads, going every which way, no real motif, no true STRUCTURE;

but on the OTHER side? It's a PATTERN.

Take some hallucinations,

and LOOK AT THE PATTERNS that you WILL be shown.

There IS a pattern,

a GORGEOUS picture that Will be described, at the end of the effort.

We just don't see it, from the bottom. It looks like a MESS ~

threads tangled, no clear pic,

and we wallow in a need to TRY to make something right,

in our lifetimes, in some sort of reality,

but the ONLY thing we make "right?"

Is our love of our fellow beans.

I love you, and if THAT can take you to the place I plan to go?

You're fucking THERE!

:clap2:
Sweet. YOU keep on keeping on. That's the shit right there.

God is partners with the devil, they split all the souls between them with god giving up a bunch voluntarily to the devil. Kind of like a private school system that takes all the best students then leaves all the rest for the public system.

They do gamble together. See Job. That book pissed me off forever. If there was ever an evidence that human's understanding of divinity is man made, THAT is the book. THE fuck.

New Topics

Forum List

Back